Autopsy Round 17, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne *STEELE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but this is such a cop out to me.

Every week I read "oh poor us, such and such played well that week" or "of course they get their stars back against us"

It's such a loser mentality

If we're a good footy side then we have a bring it on mentality
Couldn’t agree more such a BS excuse

That seems to be an issue for all our forwards.

It was frustrating seeing them constantly go for the centring kick 10m from goal rather than just take the shot - especially Marshall because he has the distance - when we all knew we had no one to mark it.

Same goes with them all hand balling 1 too may times. They need more confidence to just take the shot instead of trying to find someone in a slightly better spot.
Then when they do that, and miss, they are labelled selfish by all and sundry - just ask Higgins. 🙄

Highmore not doing himself any favours.

This be the "problem", for me Highmore was brought in for the Hunter & Coff situation as realistically Coff showed a bit but has spent majority injured and Hunter would give Kosi a run for oblivious impact injury history to keep him out. So here's Highmore who is younger and similar enough in stature that was rated as a could be, only... is a defender who can't defend with suspect disposal, so instead we have a GOP HBF and we later pick up Stocker from the DFA crowd to cover both as why not cut losses.

Meanwhile Hunter gets shopped to North for 3 because list things and identification that you can only carry so many injury related players on said list that might not make much of anything stuck in rehab, Coff reinjures himself (spewing I flipped coin wrong on that one), Stocker is there and performing and Highmore is wallowing in VFL putting in sub par performances whilst we're screaming out for people in midfield and forward parlances since Hayes did his knee and Sharman is getting Battles treatment for mine, look forward to his year on a wing being ruck relief just because he's tall and can run a bit.

Anyone know why RoMa took a mark outside 50, stopped, looked like he was having a shot, then just dropped the kick 20 metres out from goal. Did it twice I think. Just giving guys a breather?

Doesn't have confidence in his set-shot kicking.

Would have liked to see him have a go at goal.

Anyone know why RoMa took a mark outside 50, stopped, looked like he was having a shot, then just dropped the kick 20 metres out from goal. Did it twice I think. Just giving guys a breather?
Because they’re all still confused as to how a forwardline operates. Either have the shot, or run a set play, but do not continue with the high dob kick that has literally never worked.

I still want to know why the ump took the mark off Owens dead in front when Stocker (?) and his opponent were equally wrestling with each other?

Sorry, but this is such a cop out to me.

Every week I read "oh poor us, such and such played well that week" or "of course they get their stars back against us"

It's such a loser mentality

If we're a good footy side then we have a bring it on mentality

Good teams make their own luck

Terrible teams are consistently s**t. 12 seasons shows we are paying for a consistent batch of terrible decisions. It's our own doing.

Our goal kicking was horrendous. Not sure if anyone is mentioned this, but that's the second time in a couple of years that we've had a set shot from the top of the goalsquare touched by the man on the mark against Melbourne (Membrey at the MCG was the other). ******* embarrassing.

gringo2011 what do you know about Finlay Macrae and Thomson Dow ? bird_man ?

Both similar to their brothers. Both worth a look. Richmond mids are going to struggle for spots now. I’d have a sniff. Pies might be able to get FM to wait until a few retire over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohhhh the insult instead of a friendly rebuttal.... Excellent work sir!

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair I misunderstood what you were getting at I think. Might have been the grammatical error.

In any case, Gresh is better than average, I’d pay up to $600k I reckon. Happy to see him gone for a miracle band one compo.

Ross Lyon showed why he is one of the best game day coaches in the business.

Three main personnel down in the first half. Rejigs the team and game plan and probably plays better or on par than if we had those players in.

Shows why your coach is the most important person at the club.

Also without Higgins, Battle and Hill.

Couldn’t agree more such a BS excuse

I reckon that we don’t have a psychological advantage because we are seen as killable. Good sides get on top or pressure and others fold. We are always seen as gettable. Until we become hardened and have a winning ledger and brand we will be vulnerable.

I reckon that we don’t have a psychological advantage because we are seen as killable. Good sides get on top or pressure and others fold. We are always seen as gettable. Until we become hardened and have a winning ledger and brand we will be vulnerable.
Funny you say that I was thinking earlier that every side knows we are beatable, not 1 side in the AFL would think they cant win against us

Usual recovery time for shoulder reco?
Would Max be ready for a full pre-season?
20 weeks
he will be right to do all the running at the start of the pre season

I still want to know why the ump took the mark off Owens dead in front when Stocker (?) and his opponent were equally wrestling with each other?

In the last quarter? I think it was Gresh and on the TV it was a pretty obvious free kick he gave away - grabbed the guy's jumper and threw him aside.

Funny you say that I was thinking earlier that every side knows we are beatable, not 1 side in the AFL would think they cant win against us

Yeah 100%. GC and North and Hawthorn would be pencilling in the Saints game as one they can maybe jag a win from if they put a huge effort into it, same as West Coast looked like they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back