Preview Round 17 changes v Pies Saturday 1:45 @mcg ( Nobles farewell game?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because you can only play one small? Must be a similar theory to how you can only play one tall in the forward line. Gees I can't keep up with this ever changing game.
What next? If you kick a goal, regardless of how tired you are, then you must go to the bench so that someone else can get a chance.

lol relax. He isnt in front of Zurhaar, JHF or Tarryn all things beign equal.

Hes wildly over rated in here.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think thats it. 3 years of being beyond s**t as a team and were upset that Josh Walker was dropped.
This board cries for standards being set and Im sorry but the guy doesnt cut it as an AFL defender. Can he win a contest here and there and take a decent mark? Yes. Is he reliable and calm under pressure and a good user of the footy? * no.
We have won 8 and half games in 3 years and our backline being nowhere near AFL standard is part of the reason why. Not the whole reason but part of it.
He fills a need as VFL back up but we have Dawson now. Look no further than the 2 clubs that got rid of him and where they sit and then look at where we sit. Wake up guys

This is why the Dawson pick wasn't necessary.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is just about the most talented team we can put on the park.
I'd like to see JHF for Greenwood next week.
Eddie Ford in for Ziebell the following week. (More likely to be Lazzaro unfortunately)
Tarryn in for whoever is in the worst form the week after that if he has 2 really good weeks in the vfl.
That would be the best possible side we could field this year (Not counting Phillips)

The goat, comben or Cunners getting a game or 2 before the end of the year would be a massive bonus!!
So other than

JHF
Ford
TT
Goater
Comben
Phillips
Cunners

this is about the most talented team we can put on the park. Got it.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He should be in over spicer that change needs to happen next week

Along with JHF and TT in for Jed and greenwood
Geez you're a hard marker. He's hardly been on the park. A second explosive small forward is exactly what we need. For better or worse, we need to play Spicer for the rest of the year if we're serious about improvement.

Geez you're a hard marker. He's hardly been on the park. A second explosive small forward is exactly what we need. For better or worse, we need to play Spicer for the rest of the year if we're serious about improvement.
Ford can apply just as much pressure and has more impact in the air and in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it delusional to wonder if we’ll see some changes to the game plan this week?

We know Geoff Walsh was in the coaches box, but whether he’ll make suggestions at this stage, or at all, is unknown. Coaching isn’t exactly what he is known for, but he obviously has enough footy nous to suggest some obvious tweaks.

My fear is that his presence will have a negative impact onfield, due to the obvious conclusion of his review in regard to David Noble’s future, but there is hope that it may lead to an improvement.

Also for various reasons, when you look at our last four drafts the following top 40 selections will be missing this week: 1, 3, 8, 22, 31, 34 and 38.

Playing are 13, 35, 35 and 36.

For a side desperate for elite talent, the amount of bad luck and mismanagement has completely sabotaged us. Four years of drafting and we have one player drafted lower than 35 who is playing for us this weekend. A depressing stat when you consider our 6 wins from the last 52 games and also our one pick in the top 50 in this coming draft.

You can factor in Jacob Edwards or Kallan Dawson into this discussion if you want as well.

The other side of this discussion is the potential for this to turn quickly. A respected replacement for David Noble and some injury luck in 2023, and all of a sudden we’re injecting elite and motivated talent into our side headlined by Phillips, JHF and Thomas. Not to mention another #1 pick, and hopefully breakout years from guys like Goater, Comben, Ford, and Bergman.

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone who watches training know where Stephenson trained this week? I know him and Lazzaro went back last week when Hall and Turner were injured but does anyone know if they’ll stay there?

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no reason to believe this will be anything other than a typical Nobes game this year.

We will kick 8-9 goals - our opponents - whoever they are - will kick 18-19.

Rob in Cologne

Bring back LT
Jan 27, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone driving in? I saw that the car park is closed?
Where do you normally park if you drive in?
This week we have a cracking VFL team with Jase and others playing. And I like the Seniors too.
Wish I was in Melbs this week to watch both games but today moved to Gippsland for work.
Lots of passion by North fans on BF but remember how tough it is to play and coach AFL. If it was easier we'd all be doing it! LOL.

The Ones are looking good this week - younger and hopefully quicker, better ball movement... but what about the calm of Noble when he is under the microscope?
Class.
He just looks back down the barrel and says: I knew that some players would struggle when we were learning and losing, I knew passionate
fans would be hurting .. and I knew the Media would weakly pile on. He still took the job and hasn't wilted. The list is weak, he knows, he is staying the path. Respect.
Fans, don't join the self serving, click-baiting Media. Stay passionate, be patient. It's hard, I get it.

I reckon the twos win though, and Jase gets a blow out that he enjoys, and learns he isn't the 'only child' and comes back into the ones in a week or two.

Managing young men and woman ain't easy. They live very different lives to us 40+ kids. Need different care, and I speak from experience working as a teacher in the trauma-effected and special needs students space. Not saying our North kids affected thus, but being 20 today is different to 20 in 1995.
A lot of understandable angst about North at present.
Stay strong, the wheels turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back