Autopsy Round 17: Changes v St.Kilda - Brayshaw in for Stretch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit pathetic, but i've started the process of going through the replays of our wins when I get a chance. In the collingwood/Richmond wins I thought Dunn was great. Didn't rack up touches, but that's not really his job. Rarely beaten 1:1 and was pretty clean with every touch. Plus I remember even live that our defensive line just seemed way more structured and composed with him in the side. That being said, it was the saints game that got him dropped, so the coaches clearly thought it was his fault - all those goals 'out the back' we conceded that day so what do I know?

If we don't learn from last time and concede 10 goals from the goal square with Neville on Riewoldt for half the game, I'm leaving early

There is a link to an interview with Dunn in the "Melbourne in the Media" thread where he mentions not adjusting well to the zone defence or something like that. Makes sense that we would pump games into younger guys ahead of him and teach them the set-up so it becomes instinctual as they will be playing for the next 5-10 years whereas Dunn may have a year left in him.

He may be good 1:1 and clean with the ball but if he is letting down the team defence somehow whereas the younger guys are following instruction to fulfil the role then it makes sense we are playing them to build the team defence rather than individuals (that made sense in my head but not sure if I wrote it properly).

Sucks for Dunn but hopefully he can stay fit and make a good fist of next year.

I'll be in the saints social club again, prime position for a signed footy and a high 5 if we win.

More likely I'm sitting there a broken man surrounded by those pricks cheering when they kick another last minute goal.

I'll be in the saints social club again, prime position for a signed footy and a high 5 if we win.

More likely I'm sitting there a broken man surrounded by those pricks cheering when they kick another last minute goal.

Something like this, the win is coming, the win is coming, the win is coming
tumblr_misxh6mqSL1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

Is that the halo club? I got kicked out of there last year by some saints employee dickhead

Weird change. Not like for like and Stretch had been going well?

There is a link to an interview with Dunn in the "Melbourne in the Media" thread where he mentions not adjusting well to the zone defence or something like that. Makes sense that we would pump games into younger guys ahead of him and teach them the set-up so it becomes instinctual as they will be playing for the next 5-10 years whereas Dunn may have a year left in him.

He may be good 1:1 and clean with the ball but if he is letting down the team defence somehow whereas the younger guys are following instruction to fulfil the role then it makes sense we are playing them to build the team defence rather than individuals (that made sense in my head but not sure if I wrote it properly).

Sucks for Dunn but hopefully he can stay fit and make a good fist of next year.
For the sixth time, wtf are Dunn's issues. The issues that shall not be spoken of...

I think Roos will be rotating our young guys to keep up our competitiveness, with guys like Oliver, Stretch, ANB, Trac and Bray all similar in terms experience and all capable performers it will hopefully see us run the reason out well.

I think he mentioned rotating our players in the past week or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stretch is young, needs a break coming back from Darwin. not a bad choice. Hopefully we get some old fashioned Gus this week, has had a horror year would be good to get some games in before the year is up

Isn't that cray cray
Not as cray cray as Clark, Dawes and Hogan never all being in the same main training group #MFCSS

Brayshaw and Petracca are competitive kents. Gonna be great seeing them try to one up each other on Sunday. Add to that the natural competiteness of Jack Viney and the rest of the boys pumped for grimeys 100th and you have yourselves a ball game.

Is this the first time Gus and Petracca have played together?
17ZLQy1.png

Hope Gussy is fit enough to chase St Kilda up and down Etihad!

Hopefully the coaching staff learn from last time and figure out a way to defend them at Etihad instead of our players acting like witches hats. Our high defensive press plays into St Kilda's hands. Last time they pretty much let us win the hard ball before applying a tackle, cleaning up the spillage, then shooting it over the top of our press. I hate the way they go about it but it definitely works against us.

Hope Gussy is fit enough to chase St Kilda up and down Etihad!

Hopefully the coaching staff learn from last time and figure out a way to defend them at Etihad instead of our players acting like witches hats. Our high defensive press plays into St Kilda's hands. Last time they pretty much let us win the hard ball before applying a tackle, cleaning up the spillage, then shooting it over the top of our press. I hate the way they go about it but it definitely works against us.

I think last time we had a high press, but we had shallow F50 entries.

If you really want to lock a ball inside 50 with a press you have to be getting in 25 metres out and closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back