Preview Round 17: Changes Vs Hawks + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Every single assistant coach working for Ross now is not a threat to him or anyone else in the AFL of getting a head coach role. Go look up the article on the 30 assistants most likely to get an AFL role and not one Freo assistant is on it. That's Hale, Rock, Webb, Eastaugh, Geurra, Read, Prior. The only underling of Ross's I rate is opposition analyst Montagna and he's not a threat to RTB as he's not an assistant coach.

Any that could have been a threat are gone, including Sumich and Kirk.
So which coach is a threat to Clarkson or Scott or Hardwick? Your saying this is some kind of pre-requisite for a coaching staff to have a threat in place to the Head Coach?
Horseshit..

Yeah pretty bizarre dropping.

People saying he was crap last week also baffle me a bit - yeah the whole team was ******* s**t and Logue was swung forward for about 50% of the game. What on earth do you want from him in that scenario.
Is your favourite animal a pearlfish?
:poo::cool:

I'm guessin
Cerra reminds me of Mundy as a youngster, does anyone remember a stretch in about year 2-3 where he was criticised as too slow and laconic and not in the game. I remember a particular game against the Crows in Adelaide where the commentators were giving it to him, he was showing no enthusiasm etc.
He ended up OK.
Been thinking the same thing

I'm guessin

Been thinking the same thing

Let’s hope that Cerra improves that much and it’s just a stage he’s going through.

I guess if we’re comparing the two, Mundy played his early games in the WAFL and looked good and ultimately earned his first league game. He then impressed in his early games in the AFL. Cerra has done neither.

Mundy’s form dropped when they were trying to find where he was best suited. He’d been tried on the wing, at hf, hb and then as a key back before moving to the midfield.

Cerra is a midfielder first and a forward second. Not a defender third because hes not a defender at all. Cerra is clearly the closest thing to Mundy, yet we continue to waste him.

On a side note, the top 10 on the 2017 draft are really struggling this year. Stephenson was doing god and Naughton clearly is, but everyone else has struggled. 2018 top 10 have destroyed them.

I don't understand why developing kids like Crowden & Banfield are not given a second chance to improve when a 96 game, soon-to-be 28 year old Travis Colyer gets another run after a 25% clanger rate and ZERO tackle game in a wet Western Derby.

We should have just brought Harley straight in to the AFL side, if he was going to break down it might as well be at the top level.

Why the fu** are we rushing Stephen Hill in? He should be playing in the WAFL until he can prove he has the fitness for AFL.
This is very strange selection, and does make you wonder what is going on.

I don't understand why developing kids like Crowden & Banfield are not given a second chance to improve when a 96 game, soon-to-be 28 year old Travis Colyer gets another run after a 25% clanger rate and ZERO tackle game in a wet Western Derby.
Also a strange selection. Hes pace depth at best. Season is a write off play the kids!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need more leadership during games.

I just find it mind boggling that after a 91 point loss and so many players below par over the last few weeks we drop crowden who has worked his backside off to get in and gave 100% last week and Logue who wasn’t as good as his first two weeks back geez for his 4 games back after 18 months hasn’t done much wrong! Over the 4 games he’s ranked

#1 for interception possessions over his last four games (#2 in the whole afl)
#1 for intercept marks
#1 for one-on-one contents one
#1 for lowest % of one-on-one contests lost
#1 for contested marks
#2 for total marks
Wow! Well played Sir. Took the short ball and smashed it into the stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back