Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fair point. I remember checking the stats at half time and seeing a very lopsided HO count, which I added to my recollection of a couple of times where Gawn got a nice tap or clearly outbodied Darcy. Having rewatched the first half though, Darcy was actually pretty damn good against Gawn. Most of his HOs looked to be to advantage, and he had a hand on the vast majority of Gawn's, negating Gawn's opportunities to be creative (very few hits out the back). I'm now actually wondering how Gawn got credited with as many HOs as he did.
Think hitouts, just like we know with Sandi, can often be an overrated stat given it’s hardly awarded to the clear ruck. Gawn probably had 5 hit outs to advantage with 45 hit outs to his name.

Gawn won 54.5% of his hitouts with 9 to advantage from 36 hitouts total.

Darcy won 33.3% of his hitouts with 6 to advantage from 16 hitouts total.

Both with 4 clearances each.

ignoramus I think the stats back up your thoughts. Darcy has a really good hitout to advantage ratio - when he wins it, it's often to advantage.

Should win this one. Can't see any changes unless Duman doesn't get up.
If he is out, I'd like to see Watson back. Showed a fair bit

I can't see Duman getting up so Watson should come in.
Like most I would like to have a look at Valente but there just isn't a spot for him unless someone is managed.

We can't play finals and Jlo is ahead of the curve as to where we should be. Resting guys like Fyfe and Mundy whilst having a look at the likes of Valente and North make a lot of sense. Can't imagine any players wanting to have a spell though.

We can't play finals and Jlo is ahead of the curve as to where we should be. Resting guys like Fyfe and Mundy whilst having a look at the likes of Valente and North make a lot of sense. Can't imagine any players wanting to have a spell though.

This is the game you would imagine he might try a player or two. It has been a lot of games in a short period of time and plenty of the team must be feeling it, I also remember Justin hinting that a player or two will be considered this week.

After this week it is a 8 day break so I reckon they would all be up for playing.

This is the game you would imagine he might try a player or two. It has been a lot of games in a short period of time and plenty of the team must be feeling it, I also remember Justin hinting that a player or two will be considered this week.

After this week it is a 8 day break so I reckon they would all be up for playing.

I’d rest a mid for Valente and Lobb if Meeks is available.
Definitely Duman out for Watson

No stutter at all. Mystifying.

He's having a laugh. Pressure does weird things. If he is going to stutter, we should at least get him to run in a straight line during/after the stutter. The stutter looks horrid, but Kennedy sort of does it as well (and used to be worse, from memory). The main problem with Lobb is how he veers off sharply to the right. The #1 thing which contributes to missing set shots is not running in straight at the goal umpire.

He's having a laugh. Pressure does weird things. If he is going to stutter, we should at least get him to run in a straight line during/after the stutter. The stutter looks horrid, but Kennedy sort of does it as well (and used to be worse, from memory). The main problem with Lobb is how he veers off sharply to the right. The #1 thing which contributes to missing set shots is not running in straight at the goal umpire.

If it’s performance pressure, which let’s be honest affects most men at some stage, then surely that’s just a matter of time for a sports psychologist to help with.

Rumour file in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne is Tom North wiil play his 1st AFL game against North Melbourne and we are excited if true for this boy.Played junior footy always 1 year above his age group,an outstanding junior cricketer but gave that away to focus on footy and as most know played Eastern Ranges before being drafted by the dockers.3 years there and no AFL game as yet,fingers crossed Saturday will be the day but knowing this boy a quality person and would love to have him in my football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder the coaches are pulling their hair out re Lobb's stutter step and goal kicking in games...

I've figured it out. He wants to kick across his body. The stutter is his way of making all the steps in his set shot routine without going so far offline that the ump calls play on!

Rumour file in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne is Tom North wiil play his 1st AFL game against North Melbourne and we are excited if true for this boy.Played junior footy always 1 year above his age group,an outstanding junior cricketer but gave that away to focus on footy and as most know played Eastern Ranges before being drafted by the dockers.3 years there and no AFL game as yet,fingers crossed Saturday will be the day but knowing this boy a quality person and would love to have him in my football club.
He is very important to our future. Pick #4 might get it done for Sydney.

He is very important to our future. Pick #4 might get it done for Sydney.

Only time will tell.Lets wait for the selections against North Melbourne.I am sure if you had a local drafted by a interstate club who you had a high opinion of you would have the same thoughts if the WA guy was in the same position.

Last edited:
ahh s**t, the Tom North fan club has evolved from Facebook :expressionless:

I honestly hope he does get a game. I hate the thought of players potentially being delisted without getting to play a game or two on the big stage. Who knows he might play a blinder and we will all be singing his praises.

I honestly hope he does get a game. I hate the thought of players potentially being delisted without getting to play a game or two on the big stage. Who knows he might play a blinder and we will all be singing his praises.
If Tom North can have 35 touches, 5 goals to North Melbourne's 4 goals 5 - that'll be great

- I always though Cox's field kicking was quite good. If I remember correctly it was his shots on goal weren't too flash.
- Hamling rarely takes any dangerous high risk/high reward options. Safe kicks to the side or long down the line.
- Alex unfortunately is a bit of a mystery box, can stuff up the simplest of safe sideways kicks, yet on occasion can pull off a 50m straight down the middle line breaker. Most of the time I'm nervous when he has the ball.

I agree with you on this but who knows what they’ll be like in JLo’s system. Our skills have shown a lot of improvement around the ground this year. I would expect we’d see the same with Hammer and Moose.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back