Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Really want to keep the three talls. It benefits Logue and Lobb.
Bring in Treacy if he’s okay with that ankle. Be silly not too. We score heavily having Lobb one on one and Logue splitting his contests. Frederick loves the space he gets too.
Enough of the Banfield third tall s**t.

Would all of Henry, Acres and Chappy possibly be available?

Hughes -> Acres
Tabs -> Henry (Fyfe, Logue and Lobb is enough aerial presence)
Walker -> Chapman

Tough on Walker but Wilson outplayed him and one of the two likely has to give

Acres is another week away and Liam would be doubtful.
Sturt for Tabs and Chappy for Ethan for me. Play Chappy on a wing

Hughes -> Acres
Walker -> Chapman

Wilson didn't have to deal with SPP either.
Hughes was fine, opponent didn't go crazy either.

Issue for me is Membrey matchup, Logue is perfect for that however we could move Hughes back to defense to do the job.

Wilson didn't have to deal with SPP either.
Hughes was fine, opponent didn't go crazy either.

Issue for me is Membrey matchup, Logue is perfect for that however we could move Hughes back to defense to do the job.
Is Ryan not perfect for the Membrey matchup? That's exactly his type of player.

Hughes was what he was, a depth defender playing wing out of necessity, we'll look a lot better with someone else in the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes -> Acres
Walker -> Chapman

someone on here said it after the melbourne game i think but can't drop walker, he seems to be the piece of code that shouldn't make a difference, but removing it *s everything up.

someone on here said it after the melbourne game i think but can't drop walker, he seems to be the piece of code that shouldn't make a difference, but removing it *s everything up.
Yeah true but would be hard to drop Wilson ahead of him when I dont think he's exactly been best on every week. Doubt they'll all be available anyway

How do we recapture our scoring from turnover game? It has been quite dissapointing compared to earlier in the season. Remember when we used to attack with speed off the rebound and get it to the forwardline?

How do we recapture our scoring from turnover game? It has been quite dissapointing compared to earlier in the season. Remember when we used to attack with speed off the rebound and get it to the forwardline?
I genuinely believe Chappy makes a big difference, no one hits the 45 degree angle kicks back into the corridor like he does. He sets up a goal or two a game by himself

Last edited:
Think its a combination of versing the bottom six teams during that stretch (we outscored wce by like 70+ on tovs) and losing rly important guys like drizzy and switta and chappy

If Tabs is out, I’d seriously consider bringing Meek in so we can leave Lobb forward all day and give Darcy longer Spells on the bench. Lobb got smashed in the centre bounces by Dickson in the last qtr and they had to rush Darcy back out. He looked completely cooked by the end of the game. Plus with Lobb in the ruck our tall forwards were Logue and Fyfe.

There were the 3 players doing the training session on the oval after the game. Blakely (now inj), Crowden and who was the other one?

Shot in the dark. But with fyfe playing forward most of the day, Mundy to get rested next week for the trip east and Ras comes in and pushes fyfe to the middle for longer.
Also thought that Tabs one was more of a precaution, but if he’s no good Meek has to come in.

Acers still a week away, and would like to see Chappy come straight in for Hughes but could see him going through Peel. Bummer !

I've been a Colyer defender for a long time but he hasn't had the impact this past month that he had at the start of the year, would love Henry to replace him

Colyer had a fair bit of work done to him out on the ground during the warm up. Seemed a bit strange to me, especially given he played anyway. But he's clearly not right.

Shot in the dark. But with fyfe playing forward most of the day, Mundy to get rested next week for the trip east and Ras comes in and pushes fyfe to the middle for longer.
Also thought that Tabs one was more of a precaution, but if he’s no good Meek has to come in.

Acers still a week away, and would like to see Chappy come straight in for Hughes but could see him going through Peel. Bummer !
Mundy had a great game and the bye was only a couple weeks ago. Doubt they even think about resting him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back