Review Round 17: Dees v the Aints - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good
- 1st quarter
- Viney, back to his best after a poor middle of the season
- Petracca, imo his best game so far. still needs to work on his set shots though :(

Bad
- 2nd quarter, we won the inside 50 count but didn't kick a single goal. not good enough
- Pretty much everything else

Fugly
- The Fixture. We haven't played the Saints at the G since 2013. I thought this was meant to be an even competition?
- Last 30 seconds of the 3rd quarter

Other stuff
- Brayshaw, looked good in patches and ok in others. Out side of those two times he was run down that is. Needs a week to get back into the pace of AFL
- Still not convinced Watts should be the back up ruck.

Holy s**t could I unleash on that pathetic display but I feel like I should maybe go to bed
Their is no team in the AFL that makes us look as bad as stkilda
I reckon 30 tomes Atleast they would have got the ball from our 50 into their 50 without a melbourne player touching the footy

One things painfully obvious, by trying to open up the game from behind and attack with flair our defenders don't defend with instinct anymore .. the saints blokes were jumping at the footy and marking it after reading it before our forwards yet when they go forward they take an uncontested mark while 3 melbourne players stand 25 metres away trying to make site they are in the right part of the zone
Tom McDonald's the only one goes for them now and young hunt occasionally
We now have a bunch of young guys Wagner/White/Omac/Hunt who aren't learning how to one on one defend at AFL level

67296-I-dont-know-what-I-expected-gi-q3di.jpeg

Needs to be giffed:

uaWnFWz.gif

Does anyone think we can win another game this year. We can't seriously lose to Carlton can we. Can't see us winning after Perth trip
Everyone is forgetting the Suns at the G

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roosy isn't reactive enough as a coach in game.

Yeah 100%. I love what Roosy's done for us - fixing our culture, steading a sinking ship, playing a part of getting the list into a pretty exciting shape, instilling a non-negotiable professional attitude across the whole club etc etc - but as a match day coach, I think he's average. His selections can be baffling sometimes too.

Am desperately hoping Goodwin is a gun match day tactician.

Interesting that we've got so much less experience.

Imagine our team with 30 more games into Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Hunt, OMac, Kent, Harmes, Stretch, Salem, Tyson, Viney, Oliver - we'd be starting to be fairly good.

Interesting that we've got so much less experience.

Imagine our team with 30 more games into Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Hunt, OMac, Kent, Harmes, Stretch, Salem, Tyson, Viney, Oliver - we'd be starting to be fairly good.

The one thing with that, is if we're relying on that group for finals then I think 2018 is when we should make it, not 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back