Round 17 Discussion (Dedicated to vanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive spent far too much time on this campaigner of a game for 10 years. I think I know what im doing yet cant never ever get top 1k. Feels like everyone man and his dog been there at least once even if just for a round. This year is as close as ill get. I think its time i pull the pin on this s**t completely.
Your team is actually pretty good, you wouldnt be too far from top 1k
Keep at it
Your luck will turn

If you come back next season then I'll come back mate.

Like I said I am that close to deleting my team and never playing this s**thouse game ever again after copping the Hore injury last week and Cogs injury this week....

Lets ride it out to the end of year and see what happens...

Rmd 23 could be a puppy extraviganza...

FxnLWSBu3QEUjH_OxeKvsjF9SdLOKHMuG1Sl4wU4hYavjh1owMRbakHwzrmzeR_uGKTg-wTNmKlvi4GfakEkae-oWeLtYw8YDsSBjZ6IRelVTVd0bb8QnWs2IQPUUAin0f6h8ML-ryE2zH-DruI_6Mow=w244-h130-nc

Had a reasonable week considering how high scoring it was for others, scoring 2,529.

Thankfully somewhat held my position in the Top 50 at least, sliding back from 43rd to 47th overall.

Could have made the move by trading ROB > Gawn this round for extra points, but opted to wait another week to allow for Gawn's $44k loss, which now means I have just enough $$ to go ROB > Gawn and Answerth > Whitfield in two trades, and now have DEF cover (again, to 🖕 Ross Lying). Gotta play the long game, folks!

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 12.13.56 am.png

Tell me about it im filthy as fu**. What a week couldnt even hold my rank with 2429 ffs. Always has to happen. I always have to cop some bulls**t like just when im on the verge of doing well. ******* over it.

Anyone that says luck isnt a big factor in this game is a campaigner

Luck is a major factor. Has farked up my chances in recent years when I've broken into the Top 1k, with injuries derailing my year.

I'm crossing my fingers now that I'm currently 47th that I can hold my spot as injuries start to hit, but it's always inevitable that injuries will hit. You just hope others have a similar number of trades as you and are hit with the same injuries to offset it. I'm holding on for dear life! Haha!

2,418 lol.
Brayshit, Harris Anoos and Oliporker did me in a bit, but I grabbed them to get some different blokes and have fun, so no real dramas.
Great scores and ranks, some :moustache:-worthy action there :thumbsu:

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
2419. Won 6 out of 8 League games. Lucky. Missed the Cogs 0 (had him in AF though), had Dunkley. But on field Atkins, Sicily, new boy Burton, Chol. So many injuries this year. And Burton first week in. Only got 4 trades left. Kelly and Hannebery benched.

Dunkley I brought in R14 for 596k. What an unbelievable score. He has gone back to last year, plus a bit. Not sure what was going on with him earlier in the season.

Murphy has been good since i brought him in. Can beat myself up about the bad ones (plenty) but had a few ok.

So hopefully guys like Logue and Parker get another run. Atkins and Chol keep playing..... No injuries please!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I know many scored well above me, having a mixed week as SicDog a 60 WTF, then took Grundy VC as my C.

I was worried about VC/C all week - of course others in consideration all scored higher than Grundy.

Example - Dunkley - exceeded my expecations and guys like Fyfe and Danger did well too.

So I'm happy with my score of 2534 - why? It's my highest score for the year and won all my leagues.

Well done those who passed my 2534 and am happy to support others doing well.
You'd have to be the most polite kent on this board.

Well done ya slippery campaigner.

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2,486 with a 0 from Cogs and only 36 cover from Hind.

Thank god for Dunkley!!! What an animal! Don't think a bulldogs player has ever scored 200+ in sc....??

Made up for cogs! but if only.......2550+ would have been easily achievable. Bont's 93 from basically half 3/4 a game was also very handy to help the cause.

Rank up 560 spots, now at 7,619th with 4 trades left, but team is done :)

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Ups and downs after my monster score last week.

2405 including Coniglio. Seven players in the 90's plus Heeney and Oliver in the 70's. Down 814 spots to 5,396.

Sicily what a dud, get on my never again list you &*%#. Stuck with him now but can't wait to see the back of him. :mad::thumbsdown:

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
I just checked my history from last year which was my best finish of 1748.

I wanted to find out if 2611SC points is my biggest score ever.

Well it turns out I equalled my best score of 2611... thats some ****ing random s**t right there SC Gods....

What you couldn't give me 1 SC point? Also turns out my second best ever is 2610SC points.:drunk:

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
I just checked my history from last year which was my best finish of 1748.

I wanted to find out if 2611SC points is my biggest score ever.

Well it turns out I equalled my best score of 2611... thats some ****ing random s**t right there SC Gods....

What you couldn't give me 1 SC point? Also turns out my second best ever is 2610SC points.:drunk:
We were neck and neck last week Newman but you moved past me with your monster score.
Scored a solid 2534 that sees me at position 1274 and knocking on the door of the Promised Land

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Ive spent far too much time on this campaigner of a game for 10 years. I think I know what im doing yet cant never ever get top 1k. Feels like everyone man and his dog been there at least once even if just for a round. This year is as close as ill get. I think its time i pull the pin on this s**t completely.
You have any trades left Vast?

It’s likely there are some in the top 1k just hanging on and who may collapse last few weeks

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
We were neck and neck last week Newman but you moved past me with your monster score.
Scored a solid 2534 that sees me at position 1274 and knocking on the door of the Promised Land
We're 63 places apart bruvs, I've never finished in the Promised Land, I was only allowed to visit for 5 weeks this year...
do you think puppies roam free there?🤞 That would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back