Round 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2351 happy with that. Not much I could have changed to get a better score. Glad I resisted upgrading Steele to yeo on Friday night.

Shaw fyfe jj all reasonable or better.

Greenwood, Steele and Dahl my lowest.

Up 2000 spots to 20,000. Pretty much just treading water at this point so I'm not sure how much more ground I can make up.

6 trades left so hopefully come in handy.

Yeaaaah mad dash to get back into the top 1000 is on campaigners!!

0745fd7583712cab389d2e42800a7687.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Going down at a rate of knots

Was ranked inside the top 1k 2 weeks ago

Now 6542 overall

200.webp
Mate that kid should be careful, he could do a back injury.

Ranked 2234, 7 trades & $280K in le pussah.

scored 2222 this week

I thought it was an alright score, but it turned out to be a terrible score for the round :thumbsdown:

ranked 14,387 :(

the dream of a top 10k finish is slipping away :'(:'(:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big * you to the fwd line. Heeney, Nank and Macrae the only ones to pull their weight.

Grundy and Witt's going head to head in the ruck and doing * all was just dandy, cheers fellas.

Gray and Zorko the only midfield letdown. But geez Zorko, what a mare.

Rance you s**t truck, never again.

One if my most all round performances, hurt by a few individual * ups. Will check league wins and hope I retain top in my favourite league

SC's top score this week - 2623 with 15 tons.
2nd highest was 2621 with 16 tons - and Rampe, Newman and Matthew White!

Edit: Just looking at the low team value high scores for this week
The top team this week is only worth $12.4M, as distinct to the overall leader at $13.8M
One team that scored 2574 this week is only $12.2M, and has Hurn, Witherden and Gunston in the best 22. Another team that scored 2570 is only worth $12.0M.
Goes to show that as long as you get the basic tactics right, anyone can win the weekly without the perfect super-premo team.

Last edited:
Score: 2193
Weekly Ranking: 55858
Overall Ranking: 18431 (16257)
Heroes: Laird, Adams, Witherden (E), Dangerfield (C), Bontempelli, Fyfe, Macrae
Villains: McDonald, Zorko, Rockliff, Gawn
Trades Made: None
Trades Planned: Will see if I can bring Selwood in.
Trades Left: 9

Defence: 7.5/10

My defence just missed out on a very satisfactory weekend, with having Witherden's 109 on the bench and Tom McDonald's 48 on field. Shaw's 95 was the second lowest score on the line.

Midfield: 6.5/10

Patrick Dangerfield dragged my team to the brink of respectability on one leg; but it is the dichotomy of the Three Lions that has me worried; last week, Zorko put on a performance for the ages; this week, he was subdued (along with #1 worst trade-in of the season Rockliff), as Beams managed to hit three figures. Pendlebury is no longer dependable; Bontempelli and Treloar returned to behaving like premiums, and the renaitssance continued for another week.

Rucks: 3/10

Witts was cruising but slowed. Gawn just hasn't been good since I brought him in.

Forwards: 4/10

Macrae led the charge, Heeney tonned up, Nankervis contributed, Dahlhaus fought his way to a score and JJK had a score on return. Oh, and Cox covered Yeo. All in all: Meh. Sums up my season.

Overall: 5/10

Comments:

The problem with my team is that it not only has holes abundant, but that there are very few reliable contributors week-in, week out. Right now, I'd only have Docherty and Dangerfield in that list, notwithstanding my fanatical devotion to Dayne Zorko, who is generously keeping his price down for another week to allow those scraping funds to bring him in. When someone like Zorko follows a 196 with a 55; there's not much you can do except shake your head and hope to hold in the tears. It was especially bad for me this week as my almost all my relative points of difference failed this week.

Now I've got to decide whether to trade Selwood in and push Rockliff to M9. If I do he's going to get 200 - like he did against Carlton last year.

2444 all out. Ranking is is 623 which is a personal PB for me. Lucky though, I emergency loopholed NRoo and was gonna use his 84 instead of Nank. Decided last minute to keep Nank on field so didn't get a donut with Yeo a late out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170716-191527.png
    Screenshot_20170716-191527.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 11
Score: 2193
Weekly Ranking: 55858
Overall Ranking: 18431 (16257)
Heroes: Laird, Adams, Witherden (E), Dangerfield (C), Bontempelli, Fyfe, Macrae
Villains: McDonald, Zorko, Rockliff, Gawn
Trades Made: None
Trades Planned: Will see if I can bring Selwood in.
Trades Left: 9

Defence: 7.5/10

My defence just missed out on a very satisfactory weekend, with having Witherden's 109 on the bench and Tom McDonald's 48 on field. Shaw's 95 was the second lowest score on the line.

Midfield: 6.5/10

Patrick Dangerfield dragged my team to the brink of respectability on one leg; but it is the dichotomy of the Three Lions that has me worried; last week, Zorko put on a performance for the ages; this week, he was subdued (along with #1 worst trade-in of the season Rockliff), as Beams managed to hit three figures. Pendlebury is no longer dependable; Bontempelli and Treloar returned to behaving like premiums, and the renaitssance continued for another week.

Rucks: 3/10

Witts was cruising but slowed. Gawn just hasn't been good since I brought him in.

Forwards: 4/10

Macrae led the charge, Heeney tonned up, Nankervis contributed, Dahlhaus fought his way to a score and JJK had a score on return. Oh, and Cox covered Yeo. All in all: Meh. Sums up my season.

Overall: 5/10

Comments:

The problem with my team is that it not only has holes abundant, but that there are very few reliable contributors week-in, week out. Right now, I'd only have Docherty and Dangerfield in that list, notwithstanding my fanatical devotion to Dayne Zorko, who is generously keeping his price down for another week to allow those scraping funds to bring him in. When someone like Zorko follows a 196 with a 55; there's not much you can do except shake your head and hope to hold in the tears. It was especially bad for me this week as my almost all my relative points of difference failed this week.

Now I've got to decide whether to trade Selwood in and push Rockliff to M9. If I do he's going to get 200 - like he did against Carlton last year.
9 trades left :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back