Fixture Round 17 Fixture (Lions v Saints venue confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon getting another prime time slot seems to be more about right place right time. The Geelong/Essendon game was locked into Friday night when the Bombers beat Hawthorn. The Essendon/Melbourne game on the Saturday night I think was just because it was the Dees.

This one though...i'm not sure. Maybe best of a bad bunch? Maybe some of the 5 day break issue. Not sure why it couldn't have been Thursday night and Port v Dees be Friday. Friday night couldn't have been Dogs v Swans, and then pretty much every other game probably currently not deserving of prime time anyway.

Essendon getting another prime time slot seems to be more about right place right time. The Geelong/Essendon game was locked into Friday night when the Bombers beat Hawthorn. The Essendon/Melbourne game on the Saturday night I think was just because it was the Dees.

This one though...i'm not sure. Maybe best of a bad bunch? Maybe some of the 5 day break issue. Not sure why it couldn't have been Thursday night and Port v Dees be Friday. Friday night couldn't have been Dogs v Swans, and then pretty much every other game probably currently not deserving of prime time anyway.
Sunday to Friday may not have been possible if Swans or Dogs already had their 5 day break. Only 1 per season which the AFL is trying to get changed to allow more Thursday Night games from next season.

Sunday to Friday may not have been possible if Swans or Dogs already had their 5 day break. Only 1 per season which the AFL is trying to get changed to allow more Thursday Night games from next season.
It wasn't possible. Dogs have had a 5 day break. That's why I said it wasn't possible. Wouldve made more sense to play port v dees Friday night and dogs v swans Saturday night.

It’s interesting that the Dogs and their players didn’t mind and requested Friday Night despite another five day break. Obviously not a massive deal despite been made as a rule.

Mars Stadium in Ballarat has been confirmed to host the GWS Giants v Gold Coast Suns game.
The 12.40pm start time is to ensure the Giants and Swans matches do not overlap, as both are required to be broadcast live on FTA into the NSW/ACT market.

I wonder what is taking so long for the AFL to work out where Brisbane v St Kilda is being played. First they said NSW, now the website says QLD.
It’s definitely in QLD, they are just waiting to see if Victoria lifts the Red Zone designation for Brisbane by Saturday. If not it’ll be on the coast at Metricon.

They’ll likely wait till Friday to decide to give it the best chance, that’s what they did for the Adelaide Oval game last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back