Autopsy Round 17 - GWS Giants vs Richmond, Sat 14th July 2018, 7.25pm, Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

not one of small forwards are known to duck for frees, maybe we should take Mathieson to g

Well aren’t we the sensitive one if u think that’s an insult
yeh because the rest of the footy world didn’t talk about your concessions. Grow up
Can you honestly watch Cotchin and Martin’s game last night, getting caught holding, dropping the ball, incorrect disposal and then go in any opp’ board and write what you have?
Jog on sunshine.

How good was last night?? Giants back to their toughest, irresistible best..the roar in the sheds after the game.. wish you could bottle it.. Langdon CLUTCH, Tobes CLUTCH.. Sam Taylor this kid is fearless..Dawson rocks Love his work, absolutely love his work..Another batch of umpires sent up to Sydney for work experience.... Kenna's welcome back.. what an inspiration after that injury..love the boy's heart, courage & determination...Broges was up & about post game..the boys yelled at him at the ropes to get his ass inside the sheds!...enjoy the photos hope they make you smile

philyell.jpg
broges.jpg
cluthch.jpg

broges1.jpg
skinsgws.jpg

Last edited:

The Greene one was a bit cheeky because he did it on purpose. However just because it was very obviously not a free kick doesn't make up for the amount of frees not given for all the incorrect disposal and holding the ball Richmond did. They were kissed on the D when it came to infringements.[/QUOTE
This

BANG

Just got home from the best night out in ages

Highlight for me was a Richmond supporter who was giving a bit (fair enough, but when in the members area you gotta expect a bit back, and he got it in spades) Played the violin for us when the non decisions re correct disposal started to become a joke then flashed his Giants membership card at us to prove he had some loyalty.
Was seen handing said card back to his mate post came. Much to the laughter of a dozen or so True Giants behind him.

Loved the crowd last night, loved the support for both teams, Love the banter between fans

Great result

Amazed that you guys think you got the raw deal with the umps.

The Dusty one for example, he was taken high and every player stopped expecting the free, play on was the call.

A lot of Giants (well Ward and Greene) dropped the knees Selwood style and got high free kicks. Ward did it quite a bit - Dropped and threw the head back - which is surprising as he's a hard nut and doesn't need to do that to win the ball.

Free kick count was 22 - 17 Giants way.

Richmond are last on the free kick ladder. Most Tiger fans just laugh when we hear about us getting a ride with free kicks.

You guys are 3rd last - which means you aren't blessed like Collingwood or West Coast are.

I'd love to hear which particular decisions you had issue with.

Amazed that you guys think you got the raw deal with the umps.

The Dusty one for example, he was taken high and every player stopped expecting the free, play on was the call.

A lot of Giants (well Ward and Greene) dropped the knees Selwood style and got high free kicks. Ward did it quite a bit - Dropped and threw the head back - which is surprising as he's a hard nut and doesn't need to do that to win the ball.

Free kick count was 22 - 17 Giants way.

Richmond are last on the free kick ladder. Most Tiger fans just laugh when we hear about us getting a ride with free kicks.

You guys are 3rd last - which means you aren't blessed like Collingwood or West Coast are.

I'd love to hear which particular decisions you had issue with.

The dozen or more non calls on holding the ball or incorrect disposal. Especially the ones in the last quarter.

They stopped because Dusty is protected. For once the right call was made.

So you are last. Doesn't mean you don't get help every now and then.

If you're saying the umps cost you then you're talking absolute s**t.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Was that the one where he ducked into it trying to draw the free and then the umpire wasn’t suckered into it Martin stood there and asked “don’t you know who I am?” instead of playing to the whistle like you’re taught in under 9s? And the Giants players didn’t stop and Dusty finally got done for holding the ball?

Is that the one you’re asking about?

The one where even Richo in the cheersquad box (sorry, “commentators” box) said it was the right call.

That one?

Try again, but thanks for playing anyway.

Was that the one where he ducked into it trying to draw the free and then the umpire wasn’t suckered into it Martin stood there and asked “don’t you know who I am?” instead of playing to the whistle like you’re taught in under 9s? And the Giants players didn’t stop and Dusty finally got done for holding the ball?

Is that the one you’re asking about?

The one where even Richo in the cheersquad box (sorry, “commentators” box) said it was the right call.

That one?

Try again, but thanks for playing anyway.

That free was there. I mean Ward and Greene got paid and they did the Selwood knee drop.

Richo tries to be neutral and over compensates - it's a well know fact with Richmond supporters.

The one with Martin went your way - so which of the decisions that went against you were you unhappy about? Your coach tweeted he wasn't happy.

Care to have a grown up conversation? Or do you wish to avoid that?

The dozen or more non calls on holding the ball or incorrect disposal. Especially the ones in the last quarter.

They stopped because Dusty is protected. For once the right call was made.

So you are last. Doesn't mean you don't get help every now and then.

If you're saying the umps cost you then you're talking absolute s**t.

I never said the umps cost us the game. In fact I was amazed we got within 2 points as we played badly.

I was questioning which free kicks the Giants fans and Coach seemed unhappy about.

So it's holding the ball decisions in the last quarter hey? Hmmm it's been a bug bear of mine all year as it's poorly adjudicated.

I'll watch the last quarter again and see if I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That free was there. I mean Ward and Greene got paid and they did the Selwood knee drop.

Richo tries to be neutral and over compensates - it's a well know fact with Richmond supporters.

The one with Martin went your way - so which of the decisions that went against you were you unhappy about? Your coach tweeted he wasn't happy.

Care to have a grown up conversation? Or do you wish to avoid that?

You don't seem to be able.

Just saying free was there and having a go at Ward.

You seem to be making excuses.

What were your thoughts of the hands in the back shove of Davis by Riewoldt when he went for the mark?

As for your comment on the commentary sheesh.

The VFLers were outwardly cheering the Tigers home.

Any complement or support we got from them was because it was definitely there for a reason.

Last edited:
Congrats to youse lot.
Better team won
Richmond is definitely setting the standard for the competition so it's always great to knock off the form team.

Loved the game. I should’ve had more faith. Wasn’t expecting the win but the boys were fantastic.
I am hoarse and am planning some soothing honey for the throat.
Great way to set up a finals run.
I have just gone back through the previous games and you know what, it really has been inaccuracy in (not all) majority of our games. And the draw is really going to hurt us. We can see that now.

But watching the replay of last night, we are exciting when we go forward. Put Scully, lids and Cameron back in there and it's exciting.

Also Williams a chance later in the year.

The exciting thing for me is that they have been made to earn this season. If they make the finals nothing will be taken for granted. And it may be the best thing for them

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a game!!

Bent over by the umps and still get the win!

Congrats to the Richmond crowd, they were vocal all night but the giants chant at the end was superb

Next week, lids in. We can knock off port!
Richmt supporters were having some fun banter outside the ground. Hats off to them were great

Western Bulldogs fans take note

What a game!!

Bent over by the umps and still get the win!

Congrats to the Richmond crowd, they were vocal all night but the giants chant at the end was superb

Next week, lids in. We can knock off port!
If your not watching the Freo v Port game you should !!

We 100% can beat them.

Freo without Fyfe and Sandilands and making port look bottom 8

I'm glad I'm not Leon here but you can't leave someone of Lids class out.

General, the thing is no matter how fit lids is, the opposite team have to keep an eye on him. Sit him in the forward line and it will piss Hinkley off because he just can't let himself leave him free. Because if he does he may kick 3-4 goals.

But man him up and it leaves other free.

If he gets through training you bring him in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back