Autopsy Round 17: Hawks beat by Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just noted our Inside 50 efficiency was circa 24% which was confirmation of my observations that we have enormous improvement required in that area.
Unfortunately our forward entries would make life difficult for any player.
We need a lot of work on skills by hand and foot and no doubt our recruitment/development plans will be working on that.
His ruck craft is diabolical. He can get the hitout but it just goes straight to the opposition. That's not improving at this age. We're stuck with the contract but need to trade someone in from elsewhere and he can see out the contract as list backup.

WireHawk

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know its The Herald-Sun but the analysis of yesterday's game was
odd to say the least.

The reporter said that Burgoyne and Mitchell were the Hawk's best and
left out Day,Wingard,Cousins & Greaves. She also put Morrison in the best five.

Mitchell had 12 possessions! Burgoyne had 11. Am I missing something?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Am I missing something?

No, the reporter was either not watching the game, or was on work experience.

She may have had a crush on Morrison with he's baby face looks so may have accidentally got that right if he was around the last of the best named.
Essendon did play the day b4 maybe Robbo went on a another bender (rumours he's asking 4 Sheedy back) and said just pick Mitchell/Burgoyne and whoever looks cute to you honey. It'll be ok I'll fix it. (Assuming he has a daughter)

Remember Mike Sheehan always used his Hawthorn barracking daughter as an excuse as to why he didn't hate us every time he wrote an article to say he hated us. So the media has form.

Now I'll make poor Bugs reminisce about the good old years when the media hated us just because we were too good.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I know its The Herald-Sun but the analysis of yesterday's game was
odd to say the least.

The reporter said that Burgoyne and Mitchell were the Hawk's best and
left out Day,Wingard,Cousins & Greaves. She also put Morrison in the best five.

Mitchell had 12 possessions! Burgoyne had 11. Am I missing something?
The thing you're missing is that the football media in general are rubbish, stop wasting your time on them and repeating their nonsense here, cheers :p

lifesaver

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fixed.

You self entitled mummy's boy. Normally I like to attack intruders here with subtle humour and wit, but never bulldogs supporters who say any one of their collectiion of human detritus doesn't milk frees.

This is what a culture of milking frees does:

View attachment 960897

Here is the same list broken into home games
View attachment 960899

And away games
View attachment 960898

You bulldogs supporters are so hyper-entitled as a result of being so ridiculously favoured by the umpires you actually think your players have a third arm allowing them to dispose of the ball legally despite having one of them pinned.

You think you're hard done by when the free kick count is 4:3 because you are so used to 7:3.

It's so ingrained in your club's culture you don't even notice it and are astounded when people point it out.

It's like a guy in a $3000 three piece suit in his BMW and his private-school-engineered education looking at a homeless man and is astounded he doesn't invest in bonds to make enough money to buy a house. Since the ridiculous debacle of handing the throwdogs a flag in 2016 for what? Pity? They have become the laughing stock of the league.

First to the ball = more free kicks. Dont need to be overly smart to work it out thb...

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
First to the ball = more free kicks. Dont need to be overly smart to work it out thb...
You're whole history you've been first to the ball? You must be a successful club, wait a minute, you're not....... hmmmmmm something doesn't make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Harry Mo and Daniel Howe are massive concerns moving forward.
Gotta be first couple to go I would think. Just terribly slow. Seen enough.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I have to post this out of irony 😂

thy had the fastest average moving speed of all players 😂
1600076060683.png

OK whoever reads this to lifesaver, can you read it slowly?

Have you watched any bulldogs games? If you were first to the ball as often as that data suggests you'd have won may be, what? 13 premierships since 1960?

Instead, you've won, how many? One which was gifted to you out of pity. There wasn't a single neutral supporter who thought the bulldogs deserved that premiership.

Do yourself a favour and go into town with 20 cents and pay some druggie hawkins to give you a lobotomy. You'd feel so much better without the memories of the consistently pathetic failure your club is. Here's a photo of dust storm created with the bulldogs opening their trophy cabinet in 2016 to put their gifted pity infused cup in.

1600081328626.png

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That was Finn's first game in close to 14 months.

You cannot count 12-a-side, bruise free games as games. So not only has he not had VFL games to help adapt to the faster game, he's come into a significantly faster game after 12 months of no games.

Based on that, he did okay in a midfield that was getting belted.
Spot on. I dont know what some expected. only played some crappy scratch matches leading in. He didnt make any mistakes,tackled well and got a few touches. Looks a good size out there as well.

lifesaver

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
OK whoever reads this to lifesaver, can you read it slowly?

Have you watched any bulldogs games? If you were first to the ball as often as that data suggests you'd have won may be, what? 13 premierships since 1960?

Instead, you've won, how many? One which was gifted to you out of pity. There wasn't a single neutral supporter who thought the bulldogs deserved that premiership.

Do yourself a favour and go into town with 20 cents and pay some druggie hawkins to give you a lobotomy. You'd feel so much better without the memories of the consistently pathetic failure your club is. Here's a photo of dust storm created with the bulldogs opening their trophy cabinet in 2016 to put their gifted pity infused cup in.

View attachment 961445
Yes a very obvious reply. I think that dust storm is a photo of the hawks next 5 seasons TBH. Low on talent and big on memories of a previous era. You have been a great club and conversely the dogs haven't. I wont even try to dispute. I am just saying we have been a contested possession team over the journey and first to the ball generally = more frees. It doesnt neccessarily mean more premierships. Enjoy your trophy cabinet. I will enjoy the next 5 years.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes a very obvious reply. I think that dust storm is a photo of the hawks next 5 seasons TBH. Low on talent and big on memories of a previous era. You have been a great club and conversely the dogs haven't. I wont even try to dispute. I am just saying we have been a contested possession team over the journey and first to the ball generally = more frees. It doesnt neccessarily mean more premierships. Enjoy your trophy cabinet. I will enjoy the next 5 years.
Dance on the grave all you want. This club has always rebounded hard after a dip. Kick back and enjoy the show.

Dance on the grave all you want. This club has always rebounded hard after a dip. Kick back and enjoy the show.
We wont be down long I don't think we are as bad as we are showing at present. We need a few players no doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back