Game Day Round 17 Hawks v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a pathetic effort. Again, when Brisbane, a team of young bodies, has pressed us, we've folded like a deck of cards. It's actually becoming a flogging and instead of being a potential boost, our percentage is getting hammered.
Defence has again been exposed by inept forward entries and piss weak midfield pressure.

To think, we are still a chance to make finals

You should melt more.

Keep up that brave front Abasi. Meanwhile I'll deal with the reality of the situation.

We lose = any chance of top 4 is done and finals are only a chance.

Your boy O'Brien has been utterly found out, yet again. Four touches, two of which are frees. That's rubbish. He should never play in the senior side again. Duryea too. They are simply not good enough.

You call it a melt, but it's plainly reality. You're going to have a busy day trying to tell everyone how to think after this game.

Quickest rebuild in history?

The rebuild has not even begun.... We are almost heading into 90's territory after the glory years where we spent the best part of the next decade recruiting 'older' players and topping up.

No point in struggling to finish 8th or 9th... Let's just start to plan ahead to 2019 and beyond, and hopefully end up with a Top 10 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an abysmal performance. Pathetic effort from from so many. Start playing the kids, O'Brien isn't going to make it, Duryea excels at nothing, Whitecross doesn't do enough at this level. Today we've had so many passengers we'd bed a mini bus.

Brisbane are our 2018 version of the Golf Coast.

Absolutely shocking and massive opportunity lost but to be honest we would be making up the numbers if we make the 8

Nah we can match it with pretty much everyone when our mind's are in the game. Tigers possibly excepted.

That's why season critical losses like this are really hard to take. We aren't a great team by any stretch but we are good enough to be amongst it and to have a game like this where we are three goals up and have kicked 5 in a row...… to then barely score again.

I don't recall being this disappointed in my team too often.

My first game ever I had to turn off early. I cant believe that performance. Hideous.

If you dont have a forward that can take a contested pack mark... dont *ing kick it 30 metres out to a pack.

I love seeing Ruffy try and mark it behind his head 15 times a game. Can someone please get him some contacts.

I will save for the autopsy but this is a stinking effort from a side that again was not ready or planned and wanted to play Hollywood soft football instead of trying to take the game on.

This sloooooow ball movement around the ground backwards sideways etc from us was finished 3 years ago yet we are still trying to play it!!!!!! Either move the ball on quickly and give us a chance to score or get off and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back