AFL Toast Round 17: Only beat the Crows by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsure what Adelaide take out of tonight, very bizarre game plan they came with.

We won by 10 goals yet I came away like we played an awful match

Probably the worst 60 point win I’ve see . If we played to our potential that should have been triple digits
Imagine the bitching if we lost. The crows were playing keepings off all night, was never going to be a free flowing game.

At least we’re finally beating the teams we should be beating.

My favourite part was another classic dash by Nick Hind.

312-A2-E75-5184-4728-BE37-41-F88216-F088.gif
This post is entertaining than the game I just watched

We had 29 scoring shots to 11 ... for a score of 11.18. Could've easily been a 15-16 goal win.

They were missing their best forward, yes, but we held a team to their lowest score in their 704 game (30 year) history.

And yet people want to get critical of the result? Seriously?

We've made a regular habit in the past in making those games (unfortunately) the biggest banana peel games of all time.

Was it our best game? No. Was it beautiful to watch? No. But had you lot been offered a 63 point win, pre-game, you would've taken it.

Now we have a great 9 day break (and maybe a player or two to return next week) ... whilst our opponents play in Perth on Monday night and have three days less to back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst win I can remember, Crows didn't bother showing up and we blew too many chances to burn them for it.
Should have been a 100 point score at least.
Anyone at the ground? Was it really that dead or did C7 turn the noise down again?
Perkins is delicious.
Snelling was very good.
Cox and Jones are cooked, so is Walla and Chook for that matter although they are still smart enough to snag one or two a game.
We still have possibly the most dysfunctional forward set up in the comp.
Marvel with the roof open is dogshit...day or night.
Kicking for goal is horseshit.
Well done to our backline though, Crows lowest score ever I think.

Was at the game, was texting mates after only a quarter the atmosphere was just off.
The team seemed flat and the crowd was flat.

Some great value from the crows guys in front of me. Good sports.

Felt like we were absolutely gifted by the umps while at the ground.
Just an odd game.

What happened to Langford?

Was at the game, was texting mates after only a quarter the atmosphere was just off.
The team seemed flat and the crowd was flat.

Some great value from the crows guys in front of me. Good sports.

Felt like we were absolutely gifted by the umps while at the ground.
Just an odd game.

What happened to Langford?

Okay, cheers for the reply.

It was boring but that was just the way Crows were playing to a large degree. They spent the entire first half not taking any risks. So it is what it is.
Also can't be too harsh - we had plenty of good shots on goal but just didn't kick too straight on the night.
Our defensive unit reacted extremely well to the slow play and were continually in position to intercept. Redman and Ridley in particular were terrific but the whole defensive unit did it well.

It was nice to see Gleeson back in the side and playing much better than in his last few AFL outings.
I thought Cutler was much better than in previous games without starring - he certainly outperformed Ham who continued to turn over every touch he had.
Exciting game by Perkins. Hopefully did enough to snag a rising star nom.

Hooker is completely out of form. His marking hands have been further out of form than they are right now. A 9 day break may freshen him up but no issue with resting him as required, he's really not contributing much.

Anyway 10 goal win and a rising star nomination (probably) - can't be that unhappy with the effort.

" A top side would of won that by ....."

To everyone who posted that or similar: we're NOT a top side! The signs are , we're getting there.

Proof ? We would of lost this game and be all ' Essington' last year. And the year before, and the year before. We would of LOST games like this. No it wasn't pretty but we still won tonight. That's all I care about.

Adelaide have beaten Geelong and Melbourne. We didn't.

Also, we're above Richmond for a least a night or two ! :D

Don't think I've ever felt so flat after a win. Weird feeling, should be pumped after a 10 goal win. Never yelled at the tv once in frustration and I only got excited when Archie kicked his 3rd. The only time I felt tense was when Archie was going for his 4th and hoping they didn't kick a goal in junk time.

Still, we got the 4 pts, which I dont know if we would have done so convincingly in the last few years. Take the win and run boys. Do the same to lol Norf next week please.

Anyway, go boys, onwards and upwards. Excited for the future.👍

It was boring but that was just the way Crows were playing to a large degree. They spent the entire first half not taking any risks. So it is what it is.
Also can't be too harsh - we had plenty of good shots on goal but just didn't kick too straight on the night.
Our defensive unit reacted extremely well to the slow play and were continually in position to intercept. Redman and Ridley in particular were terrific but the whole defensive unit did it well.

It was nice to see Gleeson back in the side and playing much better than in his last few AFL outings.
I thought Cutler was much better than in previous games without starring - he certainly outperformed Ham who continued to turn over every touch he had.
Exciting game by Perkins. Hopefully did enough to snag a rising star nom.

Hooker is completely out of form. His marking hands have been further out of form than they are right now. A 9 day break may freshen him up but no issue with resting him as required, he's really not contributing much.

Anyway 10 goal win and a rising star nomination (probably) - can't be that unhappy with the effort.
We didn't kick straight but by god I don't think I've seen so many shots either fall short or hit the post (both clubs) in what is apparently a dry weather game.

Unsure what Adelaide take out of tonight, very bizarre game plan they came with.

We won by 10 goals yet I came away like we played an awful match

‘Parish has been slaughtering everyone in the clearances, let’s just kick it around in circles for 2 hours so there are no goals, and therefore no clearances’

Real big brain stuff from Nicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back