Game Day Round 17: Port Adelaide v Brizvegas

MrPlow

All Australian
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because he's coming off a near career ending injury, and plays key position in a side that has no quality delivery to him, and he is constantly triple and quadruple teamed. But yeah criticize him all you like. If some of his team mates had a quarter of the heart and put in the effort he did we'd be better then a 8-8 side.
Dixon cant help the terrible supply from our midfielders

Dixon CAN help continuously dropping chest marks and missing bread and butter set shots

He is paid over 700k a year for Christ’s sakes. It is not good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Portology

Cheap, fast, safe: pick two, or juggle three.
Sep 27, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Barcelona
Dom Cassisi apoplectic.

“It’s embarrassing. If I’m a Port supporter I don’t want to hear from any player during the week. They’ve said enough.”
Please get this framed in the finest Semaphore beach sand and delivered to the club Monday morning.

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A couple of diabolical umpiring decisions and the tactical/selection error to "target Lachie Neale" gave Brisbane early momentum and game was as good as over after 10 mins. Sutcliffe might end up being Port's latest entrant to "one game wonder" club. On to next week!
Spot on, but the biggest faux pas was advertising that we would target Lachie..I mean, how dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
you say that but when Dixon gets front position with body strength he tends to overcook it and serially underrun the ball.

trying too hardery in some ways. need smartery.
I would love to have an agile, repeat leading, leaping forward like Schulz instead of a 202cm bloke who barely leads, stands under high balls rarely marking it and does next to bugger all.

Where are we going to find another Jay Schulz?

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Someone get this ******* caller dissing the Bring Back The Bars campaign off 5AA
On the strength of tonight's woeful performance this mob is not fit to wear the PB gurnsey anyway. If we are going to bring the PB back let's make sure we have a side that can do it justice.

Portology

Cheap, fast, safe: pick two, or juggle three.
Sep 27, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Barcelona
I would love to have an agile, repeat leading, leaping forward like Schulz instead of a 202cm bloke who barely leads, stands under high balls rarely marking it and does next to bugger all.

What if we had one already and didn't have the guts to play/develop them?

If Doogs had more going on consistently between his ears he just might become that bloke. Aware of his current limitations but haven't yet given up hope. Got nagging doubts on Billy's mobility as a forward at AFL level. And I think Todd needs to be either a third tall or a Westhoff type tall wingman at least until he grows up. Trouble is he can't learn third tall in the SANFL and to play him at AFL level pushes Doogs back which pushes Jonas out which won't happen... so Sam Gray it is... with all due respect and bemusement the hardest working dead end in the AFL, normally renowned for not producing against decent opposition, but one of our best tonight.

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

I think we may have one. Early days yet but Billy was really impressive yesterday. He has the potential to intimidate but unlike Charlie he can take a mark and kick straight. We need to give him an extended try out.

Top Bottom