Game Day Round 17: Port Adelaide v Brizvegas

I would love to have an agile, repeat leading, leaping forward like Schulz instead of a 202cm bloke who barely leads, stands under high balls rarely marking it and does next to bugger all.

Where are we going to find another Jay Schulz?

What if we had one already and didn't have the guts to play/develop them?

If Doogs had more going on consistently between his ears he just might become that bloke. Aware of his current limitations but haven't yet given up hope. Got nagging doubts on Billy's mobility as a forward at AFL level. And I think Todd needs to be either a third tall or a Westhoff type tall wingman at least until he grows up. Trouble is he can't learn third tall in the SANFL and to play him at AFL level pushes Doogs back which pushes Jonas out which won't happen... so Sam Gray it is... with all due respect and bemusement the hardest working dead end in the AFL, normally renowned for not producing against decent opposition, but one of our best tonight.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I would love to have an agile, repeat leading, leaping forward like Schulz instead of a 202cm bloke who barely leads, stands under high balls rarely marking it and does next to bugger all.

Where are we going to find another Jay Schulz?

I think we may have one. Early days yet but Billy was really impressive yesterday. He has the potential to intimidate but unlike Charlie he can take a mark and kick straight. We need to give him an extended try out.

On the strength of tonight's woeful performance this mob is not fit to wear the PB gurnsey anyway. If we are going to bring the PB back let's make sure we have a side that can do it justice.

It’s ok we’ll only wear it once against someone we might beat.

yeswecan1

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We need to keep turning over the squad. We are just that that good this is where we are at. We don't play wet weather well either. I heard today we had more possessions and lost by 8 goals. I remember when we use to do that to the opposition. Its not talent its game style and endeavour.

We need to keep turning over the squad. We are just that that good this is where we are at. We don't play wet weather well either. I heard today we had more possessions and lost by 8 goals. I remember when we use to do that to the opposition. Its not talent its game style and endeavour.

yeah just look at those nine behinds in the last quarter. need a good turning over the lot of 'em

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I posted that two hours back and saw nothing in the second half that would change my mind.
Said to a mate at the game Charlie needs more than huff n gruff. Park the theatre and just play the ball.
Then again who'd wanna be in our Nathan Bassett forward line overseen by bent umps.
It was a horror show watching it at the ground. We were running into each other ffs, 3 up and none down
blind kicks galore while we hugged the boundary n kicked to pockets.

It's like our senior players are irreversibly hardwired in their DNA to the Ken plan. Put under pressure they revert to type.
It's silly to point out a player here or a player there, we were out coached. Their set-ups are a lot better than ours.
Selections are a sideshow it's execution on the day that counts and that execution reflects on Ken. He's gotta own it.
He gets paid a lot and because of that hard fact we are entitled to more than what we are getting.

Sheesh we were never in the game. Blown apart at the start equalled game over.
We went 7 goals down then they sat on us.

Back