Game Day Round 17: Port Adelaide v Brizvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate the game was over after 7 minutes.

7 ******* MINUTES!

I'm not bagging anyone that has headed home early. This team hasn't earned the privilege of our time. I'm still here, but there's no real reason for it. I'm barely even paying any attention.
Spent the second half at the bar semi watching on TV. Having a few drinks with friends so much better than watching that crap. Had to get something positive out of making the effort to go. Partner is a Lions supporter so was rapt and stayed in his seat.

Last year we were 11-4, before the crash. This year we're 8-7, and destined for possibly another 3 losses in a row after this, so we could be 8-11 and below clubs that have dumped their coach in a heartbeat.
I predicted 14th, which was overally harsh but 12th looks possible.

Brisbane don’t look good except for when we absolutely drop our bundle and they capitalise on the turnover.

We’ve been first to the ball literally all day.

Our kicking has been ******* atrocious but let’s not act like Brisbane actually look good.
Disagree, very impressed with their sharpness around the ball, their quick reflexes and their speed.

Our midfield are a bunch of slow skill less pissants
Boak
Rockliff
Wines
Pepper
Most clubs when they are switched on will make a mess of ports mids.

Yep too much of the same.

Boak sadly is still the best and probably will be up until he retires. Close to retirement

Rockcliff gets loads of it but doesn’t tear the game apart. Close to retirement

Wines has been embarrassing in terms of his inability to run both ways. He’s lost weight which will no doubt help but 2019 has been disappointing. Trade or the Aaron Hamill forward pocket, when gray retires.

Pepper, I sill have hope in SPP as he’s out of favour with Ken. That means he’s doing something right.

Don Cassisi said post game he doesn’t want to hear any port player speak this week. He’s heard enough, just deliver on game day.

Glass houses, Mr. Line in the Sand.

Boak sadly is still the best and probably will be up until he retires. Close to retirement

Wines has been embarrassing in terms of his inability to run both ways. He’s lost weight which will no doubt help but 2019 has been disappointing. Trade or the Aaron Hamill forward pocket, when gray retires.

Pepper, I sill have hope in SPP as he’s out of favour with Ken. That means he’s doing something right.

Rockliff is to slow and really lacks penetration in his kicking. Can be great when things are going right but not a match winner like Robbie when things are against us. Went at 34%DE....

Wines is not a forward pocket, his kicking is atrocious, would be only a handful of players with worse disposal in the game. Doing his shoulder should have been the end of the captaincy. Last year I was nervous as his contact negotiations dragged out, I am now questioning if we should have traded him. Was at his high in value, would have been easily 2 firsts, possibly 2 top 10 picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pepper being played as a forward when we are getting flogged in middle

Kens an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would love to have an agile, repeat leading, leaping forward like Schulz instead of a 202cm bloke who barely leads, stands under high balls rarely marking it and does next to bugger all.

Where are we going to find another Jay Schulz?

Does it matter? Even if we did, he wouldn't be able to rack up three good seasons including two leading goal kicker awards to cement his place in the side like he did before Hinkley turned up.

Hinkley could have a prime age Schulz land in his lap tomorrow, he'd get thee games before being dropped forever following a monsoon in Darwin where he only kicked 1.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back