Preview Round 17: Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 12/09/2020 @ 5:00 PM AEST

Can Essington beat the Powah?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence is gonna be pretty funny looking with no Hooker, no Hurley, no Francis, no Redman.

Captain's run training groups:

Defence: Zerk, Ridley, Stewart, Gleeson, Smith, Saad, Guelfi (emg: Hooker, Redman)
Ruck: Draper, Phillips
Midfield: Langford, Shiel, Merrett, Snelling, Ham, Cutler, Hibberd, Parish (emg: Mutch)
Forwards: Daniher, Stringer, Townsend, Walla, Clarke (emg: Begley)

Italics are named on the bench.

BZT as our only KPD against Dixon? This will be interesting.

Either this could be the making of the boy, or we are going full tank-mode

The second half against Hawthorn was pretty much the best football we’ve played all year.

We did it on the back of quick ball movement and having a big forward line of Daniher, Hooker, Stewart and Stringer to stretch the * out of their defence.

Hooker dropped, Stewart back. Good to see they’ve abandoned the only dangerous forward setup we’ve had all year.

Because why? It didn’t work last week.

When we had 30 inside 50s. 30.

Wow.

Why is Gleeson playing over Redman? While it’s not saying much, I thought Redman was one of our better (aka not totally useless) players last week.

Was baffled to see Phillips and Draper as a neutral, neither have ever done anything as forwards.
I think they confused Phillips and Francis and are planning on playing Flipper at full back.

Was baffled to see Phillips and Draper as a neutral, neither have ever done anything as forwards.

That is a completely fair and valid point. There was this one practice match where Draper kicked like 4 goals. Maybe they think he will channel that. Realistically they will both run around like headless chooks that have no idea how to play forward.

I don't understand Cutler or Phillips. We've probably seen enough to make a call on them. Why not give McQuillan and Bryan a go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand Cutler or Phillips. We've probably seen enough to make a call on them. Why not give McQuillan and Bryan a go?
I'm not saying I'd cut Phillips, just in case anyone misinterprets this. I'm just saying we can find out more with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back