Preview Round 17: Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 12/09/2020 @ 5:00 PM AEST

Can Essington beat the Powah?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we should ever encourage players to go out and do anything other than play their best, and we should never rest players specifically to tank.

The difference between pick 5 and 7 isn't as important as the difference between a culture of players going out each and every week to win, and the expectation of absolute professionalism.
With all the future draftees having been on ice this whole time, the difference between pick 5 and 7 will probably be a bit of guesswork on the part of recruiters.
Pick kids who had talent last year and have had the discipline to keep their skinfolds down while no one was watching.

We may as well play to win. And if we get more points than VIC gets case numbers tomorrow, I'm calling that a win.

The more I think about it. The more worried I am that we are giving Zerk the Zac Dawson/Kepler Bradley treatment.

Offering him up as roast chicken to Charlie Dixon so early in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ******* disrespectful to omit Hooker! Say he’s been managed at least. Wtf are they trying to accomplish here? An example my arse. His attitude should be an example to anyone who puts on the jumper.

I was willing to stick the course last two games but this is a disgrace. And spuds like Townsend keeps his place? Cutler in? **** off!! Imagine what some of the other players must be thinking?

Cutler, Phillips, Townsend and Hibberd in the same team.

Doesn't feel like we are playing to win.

Doesn't feel like we are playing for the future.

We are just stuck in the wilderness.
Hibberd I understand given how little he's played but Cutler, Phillips and Townsend could be debut's to McQuillan, Bryan and Jones.

That is a very reasonable conclusion to take.
Port aren't in top form at the moment but if they get going they could put us away by 10 or 12 against these guys.

The only other thought was it's last chance saloon time but you'd think we've seen enough. Especially from Cutler and Townsend.

So Hooker dropped for form which is apparently related to short turn arounds and an injury lay-off before that.

Heppell is having surgery to remove a screw that is causing irritation. Doesn't look like he skipped leg day in that moon boot either lol.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 21.01.38.png

The media guy asked about Hurley and Heppell in one question but only got an answer about Hep and didn't ask again. 🤷‍♀️

When asked about the defence holding up, he says it'll be hard all over the ground, not just containing Charlie Dixon but everywhere. Our defence will have an easier time if the midfield applies pressure though.

Expects Joe to compete like he always does, been pulling up well, freshened up, on the road back to his best footy. The other inclusions are good running players and very versatile around the roles that they'll play, but Mozzie and Heppell have opened spots forward and wing and a little bit of midfield, so probably play there. Still an extensive unavailable list.

Also commented on players being in good spirits but trying to hold off on the giggles and laughing (😉).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back