Preview Round 17: Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 12/09/2020 @ 5:00 PM AEST

Can Essington beat the Powah?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What really gets on my goat, is there any other team in the last decade that has been on the receiving end of so many absolute beltings as much as Essendon? (apart from GC)

Recorded open training always looks like that, it's the "captain's run" light session the day before the game with just the 22 plus emergencies. With covid we're only allowed one contact training session per week, which is earlier in the week with the full playing group before the team is selected. There are usually photos posted on the website from the contact training but not a live stream on Facebook.

We apparently aren't much different from other clubs in our training regime according to the strength and conditioning guy that we imported from Hawthorn.
Fair enough. Didn't realise the no contact was still a thing.

Wake me up when 2020 ends.

Really hope the AFL go with normal time for quarters next year. Short quarters changed the game for the worse IMO.

Will this be the coach-killer 100+ point crushing it looks like being on paper, or will Hinks try to downplay the damage and take it easy on us?
Over the journey we seem to go ok against them but they got hold of us last year.

You would think they would want to improve their form before finals so its hard to see this being a soft entry.

Over the journey we seem to go ok against them but they got hold of us last year.

You would think they would want to improve their form before finals so its hard to see this being a soft entry.
I agree - they want to send a signal before finals on their home turf, and eyeing the side we named they would be expecting / demanding nothing less than a whitewash...

Game day thread is up. It looks a little like the preview thread but don't be fooled by that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back