Game Day Round 17 Swans Vs Brissy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least it is not at the Jibber Gabba. We have a reasonable record against them. Even during their 3peat era we gave them strife and pulled off unexpected wins.

Unfortunately the game is in FNQ territory where every kid plays the the banjo and plans to feature in a remake of Deliverance.

I have a soft spot for the Brions. If possible the treatment they copped from the VFL was worse than we received. Moreover if they had not existed we would have gone through 1964 winless. I also like the way the current mob play.

On to the game our loss of Dawson is matched by their loss of Jarryd Berry - one of my favourite Oppo players. It is difficult to imagine how even in an early wet season our Mids will be remotely competitive. Horse will play his patented lock it in defence move and I cannot see how we can kick more than a goal a quarter.

At least it is not a corrupt Carlton Trumpanista that will win the day here. The Brions are simply better than us.

At least it is not at the Jibber Gabba. We have a reasonable record against them. Even during their 3peat era we gave them strife and pulled off unexpected wins.

Unfortunately the game is in FNQ territory where every kid plays the the banjo and plans to feature in a remake of Deliverance.

I have a soft spot for the Brions. If possible the treatment they copped from the VFL was worse than we received. Moreover if they had not existed we would have gone through 1964 winless. I also like the way the current mob play.

On to the game our loss of Dawson is matched by their loss of Jarryd Berry - one of my favourite Oppo players. It is difficult to imagine how even in an early wet season our Mids will be remotely competitive. Horse will play his patented lock it in defence move and I cannot see how we can kick more than a goal a quarter.

At least it is not a corrupt Carlton Trumpanista that will win the day here. The Brions are simply better than us.
I agree with most of that, but I don't know how people are still slamming horse for a lock it in defence.
He does a lot wrong, but he's trying to get these kids to attack more, that's undoubtable

Anything less than a 30 point loss for this team we put out is admirable INO.
Realistically though against a well drilled team who has hardly left home, I am expecting a 60 point loss.
We will struggle to get inside 50s against their midfield. Maybe 20 to 55. We are due a very bad game.
Swans: 3.4 22
Lions: 11.16 82

We will then have a better showing next week against the Cats who have had a reality check against the Tigers.

Just checked. Cameron had 1 kick, 2 handballs, 9 hit outs.
I expect no more from Amartey at this point in time.

Difference being that Amartey will have to play a fair bit of this game in the ruck or up forward. Cameron had Sinclair to carry the ruck burden in that game (as well as McCartin and Franklin up forward).

Sink or swim time for Amartey, straight into the deep end.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we put in a good performance and the youngsters show something. That's all I want out of this game. Brisbane is my second team, and having really developed an affinity for them throughout their garbage years, I sort of found it hard to enjoy us smashing them. It's pretty strange being on the other side of that now.

Could be a demolition job if the midfield can’t break even, Parker Kennedy and Florent are gunna have to play bloody well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back