Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazda

Senior List
Oct 31, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Need help:

Who will most likely rise in cash the most out of this two?

J.Lloyd or L.Neale?

Suggestions Kentlemen!!!

Only interested in cashie. No point writing my thoughts as it would be a TLDR.
Suffice to say I have considered most normal trades (or holding) or even bringing in Impey for D/F, Jezza for a loopy even considering ROB to Westy (for cash, with a view to saving some of it to bring in Gawn in two weeks & moving him fwd)!!

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Suggestions Kentlemen!!!

Suffice to say I have considered most normal trades (or holding) or even bringing in Impey for D/F, Jezza for a loopy even considering ROB to Westy (for cash, with a view to saving some of it to bring in Gawn in two weeks & moving him fwd)!!

View attachment 707524
Check your IN box and get the best defender you can.

lids2richo

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
After going through all the numbers for them this year honestly cannot pick between bont and sloane for my last mid upgrade. Wish Jelly didn't get injured just so I don't have to make the decision. Might just upgrade to hurn as my last def upgrade instead...

Suggestions Kentlemen!!!

View attachment 707524
If you're interested in cashie I would think you need campaigners with capacity to go huge (ie SPs) so..
Hore -> Quaynor
Anooswerth -> best defender you can afford or Stocker -> best defender you can afford via Anooswerth to mid bench if you want to keep the warm body given you'll only have 3 trades left

Or you can just trade Hore directly to an SP defender if you want to keep the trade. I guess 4 does look better than 3 esp if you want to keep trades for finals but will leave your kitty pretty much bone dry which doesn't help with Project; Gawn

nooB

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2005
West of Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Real Madrid
You have very little cash generation on your benches so you need to look for value with your final few upgrades.

Young > Noble/DunkleyJnr (via J Cameron to forward bench) can cover for Daniel this week.
Hore > Sicily

This way you keep Logue who might be a late in this week or back next week when Freo have a match up for him.

I cant do the Young > Noble/DunkleyJnr as Young isn't a DPP. Unless I'm missing something you are referring to?

nooB

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2005
West of Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Yeah mate ya screwed this week.
You don’t have many options either.
Could you get someone cheaper than Whitfield and hold Logue?
He should be back soon(hopefully). You need to get rid of the real dead rooks you have.
Scott at least made some cash. Sicily or Crisp might have to do.
you’ll be in the same boat next week if someone misses.
I’d try to hold Logue if you can in the hope he returns...you need cover.
Hore/Scott to Sicily/young Dunks

It's a decent plan, only problem is I won't have cover for daniel, and with logue out I'll affectively be fielding 2 0s

As far defensive bench depth/cover goes, is Huge Goddard a better option than IQ?
Marchbank gone for the year and he’s his replacement. Been staring in the VFL averaging over 100 in his last 4 games. JS seems tight for remainder of the season.

Whilst I like the look of IQ, I’m not entirely sure where he fits with the imminent returns of Howe Langdon and Scharenberg.

Thoughts kentlemen?

I'm done guessing good rookies anymore. I just can't do it.

Garner, Naish, Hayden, Young, Hately, Logue are all on my bench like campaigners stinking the place up and earning ZERO cash. I miss baby John.

Will probably just bite the bullet and get IQ, then delete team when he's dropped next week.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
As far defensive bench depth/cover goes, is Huge Goddard a better option than IQ?
Marchbank gone for the year and he’s his replacement. Been staring in the VFL averaging over 100 in his last 4 games. JS seems tight for remainder of the season.

Whilst I like the look of IQ, I’m not entirely sure where he fits with the imminent returns of Howe Langdon and Scharenberg.

Thoughts kentlemen?
Apart from being a Nathan Brown type lockdown FB (aka terrible SC scorer) I don't believe Goddard's JS is solid at all. Blues were playing Casboult as their #2 KP def but with McKay injured and McGovern being "managed" this week he is forced to play forward where he does his worst work. Expect Casboult to be back in def next week and Goddard out of the side. Goddard could potentially stay in the team as a 3rd tall, but I doubt that as Weitering, who is also out this week with a broken nose is a much better 3rd def tall intercept & rebound option and you wouldn't think a broken nose will keep him out any longer than a week, maybe two. I believe Blues will play Jones, Casboult & Weitering as their defensive talls for the remaining rounds except for when Goddard/Macreadie come in to fil short term holes.

keithrichards

Premiership Player
Dec 11, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts here:

Option 1:
Kelly>Gaff/Duncan/JPK
Duursma>Sicily
- Full premo, no Kelly for league finals.

Option 2:
Mid/Fwd rookie>rookie downgrade
Duursma>Sicily
- full premo, Kelly on pine for 3-4 weeks, back for finals.
- extra cash for luxury smith>Whitfield trade?

Option 3:
Hold.
- Wait until better rookie downgrade options are available. Duursma may bleed a little cash, but could also watch Whitfields price too...

Anything I’ve missed and need to consider?

F23E0AB9-C8E4-4BDA-97C0-6B1EBF9E668B.jpeg
8D13741E-42F2-4042-A443-5C404B72326C.jpeg

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Welcoming an old friend back to my team.

JPK you sexy POD, it's been a couple of years but you've always held a place in my heart.

Josh Kelly moves to the never again list until he can prove he can play 21-22 games.

3 trades remaining, 150K in the bank.

Only Super Premo ROB to Gawn left.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Thoughts here:

Option 1:
Kelly>Gaff/Duncan/JPK
Duursma>Sicily
- Full premo, no Kelly for league finals.

Option 2:
Mid/Fwd rookie>rookie downgrade
Duursma>Sicily
- full premo, Kelly on pine for 3-4 weeks, back for finals.
- extra cash for luxury smith>Whitfield trade?

Option 3:
Hold.
- Wait until better rookie downgrade options are available. Duursma may bleed a little cash, but could also watch Whitfields price too...

Anything I’ve missed and need to consider?

View attachment 707572View attachment 707573
Well done getting that team together and holding 7 trades
Duursma and to a lesser extent smith are your upgrade targets

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Was planning to wait a couple of weeks and do a down/up to bring in Whitfield as final premo and move Logue to bench.

Is it worth trading Moore to IQ (via gardner) this week to avoid a Logue donut and then upgrading logue in a couple of weeks?
4 trades left.
Or hold and cop donut if Logue not a late in.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Mid bench: Bewley, Hind & Clarke. Cameron forward bench with DPP also some Chol.

Need cheap DPP mid so
Bewley or Clarke > Hill. At least he's playing but who knows for how long. Maybe Owies instead and save 15k.

Then
1. Punt Bewley, then Dahlhaus > Ziebell OR
2. Punt Clarke then Dahlhaus > Boak

Not enough funds to join Bewley & Boak. Favoring option 2.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Suggestions Kentlemen!!!

View attachment 707524

Hore > Stewart would be a solid def upgrade that would leave you with 100k to do ROB > Gawn next week with 3 trades left for SC finals. Easy.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

Thoughts kentlemen?

He is most likely gets the flick when Weitering is back next week or 2.

Mid bench: Bewley, Hind & Clarke. Cameron forward bench with DPP also some Chol.

Need cheap DPP mid so
Bewley or Clarke > Hill. At least he's playing but who knows for how long. Maybe Owies instead and save 15k.

Then
1. Punt Bewley, then Dahlhaus > Ziebell OR
2. Punt Clarke then Dahlhaus > Boak

Not enough funds to join Bewley & Boak. Favoring option 2.

Ziebell has a similar 3 round average to Boak and a higher 5 round average. Not to mention Boak missing last week. Meanwhile Clarke is getting games and Bewley not in the team.

If I were you option 2 would be my choice without too much second thought but I guess some people just want/prefer Boak at this stage which may well prove to be the correct decision.

Is Dahlhaus your biggest problem?

Lloyd 143 b/e
Neale 51 b/e
4 trades left 52,600k in the bank

I have highlighted the 4 players who could be worth an upgrade.

I am 1,600 short of Smith to Sicily so would require another trade.
Rocky should be fine as M8. Worried a touch about Crouch ceiling, often gets scores in the low 90s.
Worpel gets enough ball but disposal efficiency and fades in an out of games.

Worth sitting on my trades for a bit? Somehow sitting 10th in my league even though im 5th total points scored. 1 win outside the 8.
Could do Crouch to Bont or Oliver
Worpel to Robbie Gray

Or a second trade by trading Logue or Baker

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back