Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a vent but this is seriously ridiculous:

If Simpkin plays my ideal trade would be:
McInerney-> Brayshaw
Worpel -> Dunkley
Riccardi -> Brouch.

Yet I'm short 2k.

The amount of crap that had to happen last week to make me short of that move by only 2k..... I'm convinced fantasy is a conspiracy against me sometimes.

- Worpel injured on 43
- Dunkley gangbusters 103
- Riccardi gone missing 17
- Brouch 93.

So so SO yuck.
My ideal trade i was 5K short on so this kinda makes me feel better...

I'm going very risky this week, but I have to in order to reduce my rookies on field.

Wicks downgraded to Brayshaw will make him my M8 for the last 2 games (very risky but have to do it)
Riccardi upgraded to Wingard will complete my forwards.
Cottrell upgraded to Caleb Daniel will complete my defenders.

Leaves me with 8k left in the salary cap. As long as Brayshaw can average 50 for these last 2 games it should pay off.

Simpkin Trained today, just to throw a spanner in the works.

Starting to think i go Cottrell>Brayshaw.. see his score first.

Then decide as it plays out, which of Ricc/Drap/Doch/Simp to trade out

My ideal trade i was 5K short on so this kinda makes me feel better...

Last week I had 3 scenario's I could do with trades, my first 2 and the better 2 of 3 I was exactly 1k short everytime, and that was with different players.. what are the chances hey. Thankfully Haynes and Taranto who came in both did well, so all was not lost.

EDIT:
Trades so far (assuming Simpkin plays)
Riccardi > H.Bray
Sholl > Crisp
Doc > Laird (had more CBA's than ROB)

Still not sold on Doc > Laird as I don't know it it nets me more than Simpkin > someone else but if he keeps playing mid time he could be huge in the next 2.

It's the business end, last 3 weeks I've bought in Houli, JPK, Haynes, Taranto, (TBC) Laird and Crisp.

Last edited:
Was going OK then in the last 4 weeks have eaten just about every major injury/grenade. Am left with Doch/Witho/Worp/Simpkin all this week - what order do we trade them out??

Thinking Worp first (gone for season), Witho (cant crack team) then Simpkin (less likely to get up with concussion?). Thoughts?

And with not much cash - target brouch, dunks as cheaper mids? Acres/langford/wingard as fwds? Can flick bailey back to DEF if needed for juggling

Was going OK then in the last 4 weeks have eaten just about every major injury/grenade. Am left with Doch/Witho/Worp/Simpkin all this week - what order do we trade them out??

Thinking Worp first (gone for season), Witho (cant crack team) then Simpkin (less likely to get up with concussion?). Thoughts?

And with not much cash - target brouch, dunks as cheaper mids? Acres/langford/wingard as fwds? Can flick bailey back to DEF if needed for juggling

1. Worps
2. Witho (assuming not named)
3. Doc/Simp (again depending if either named)

I would personally get Brouch over Dunks as I'm sure he's going to be fine and he's cheap but he only had 4 CBA's in the last match, whereas Brouch had 12. Certainly not fool proof, but I'd rather take the player who's in the CBA more as that generally equates to more score.

Wingard over Acres/Langford for me, and only because earlier in the season he was scoring well and playing mid time. The two generally correlate, so with Worps and O'Meara out you'd expect for him to be the most consistent.

In the event that Doc/Simpkin is out for this week, please Rank the following trade scenarios:
  • Langford / Lloyd
  • Brayshaw / Crisp
  • Zorko / Houli
Would have loved Zorko/Crisp but 7k short. Many thanks !
I've settled on Wingard/Lloyd if both Doc/Simpkin are out!

Was looking at Crisp last 2 games (Suns/Port), against lloyds (Lions/Cats). But was too tought to decide, so went with the proven scorer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the event that Doc/Simpkin is out for this week, please Rank the following trade scenarios:
  • Langford / Lloyd
  • Brayshaw / Crisp
  • Zorko / Houli
Would have loved Zorko/Crisp but 7k short. Many thanks !

Remember that this is exactly what Crisp does. A split between a bunch of huge scores and a bunch of mediocre ones. I actually laughed out loud when the Traders (Roy I think) said a few weeks back how "consistent" he was. Yeah, nah. Last year for example (just looked it up to check I wasn't deluding myself), had a 97 average but six scores under 80, including a 49, a 65, and two 68s. (Not actually quite as bad as I'd expected but still fits the narrative.) Over the long haul he's perfectly fine, but week-to-week he's a yo-yo, and going on past performance I don't think two good scores in a row implies anything about the next week.

I haven't actually paid enough attention to Langford but, I mean, Lloyd. He's so good. And Houli should be better against the Cats.

Remember that this is exactly what Crisp does. A split between a bunch of huge scores and a bunch of mediocre ones. I actually laughed out loud when the Traders (Roy I think) said a few weeks back how "consistent" he was. Yeah, nah. Last year for example (just looked it up to check I wasn't deluding myself), had a 97 average but six scores under 80, including a 49, a 65, and two 68s. (Not actually quite as bad as I'd expected but still fits the narrative.) Over the long haul he's perfectly fine, but week-to-week he's a yo-yo, and going on past performance I don't think two good scores in a row implies anything about the next week.

I haven't actually paid enough attention to Langford but, I mean, Lloyd. He's so good. And Houli should be better against the Cats.
Agree totally. Hearing Crisp is a “must have” everywhere off the back of 2 good scores. People were looking to dump him before that. Look he might continue on, but he’s at a big price point now

Ok - Wicks - Brayshaw

Then it gets tough.

Trade 2: Swinging Whitfield forward, upgrading Simpkin to ????? Hunter, Oliver, Dunkley, Boak, Rocky, Zorko ?????? Who the %&(%*%* do I pick there ??

Trade 3: Upgrading Riccardi - obviously if I save cash on trade 2 (Menogola, Dunkley) - I can upgrade further here ? Do I go Wingard - or look to go up to Langford (for example).

Wingard would save me nearly 100 K for next weeks upgrade - which will be Coleman (M8 up to someone) around the 530 - 550K mark....

The annoying thing now is that I have Docherty/WOrpel and Simpkin.

Brayshaw is the obvious $170k pick. But if I get him and lock in 1 trade, I could have 3 donuts to swap with 2 trades...

So now I'm basically stuffed. I'll have to skip Brayshaw I guess and do:
Doch -> Duggan (mid time);
Worpel -> Brouch
Simpkin -> Dunkley (via bailey smith moving back forward).

The annoying thing now is that I have Docherty/WOrpel and Simpkin.

Brayshaw is the obvious $170k pick. But if I get him and lock in 1 trade, I could have 3 donuts to swap with 2 trades...

So now I'm basically stuffed. I'll have to skip Brayshaw I guess and do:
Doch -> Duggan (mid time);
Worpel -> Brouch
Simpkin -> Dunkley (via bailey smith moving back forward).
I suppose the thing with Brayshaw III is that he could go big, been averaging well in WAFL and it's not like they have any other mids available.

My list is basically healthy except for this situation (and Mosquito on my bench)...
firefox_2020-09-10_08-47-06.png
To upgrade Cottrell to Duggan, I'd need to use all three trades before game one 😂

Also, any got any rumours on forward debutants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back