10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Dusty to David Jones Dusty (De Goey)

Newman or Yeo?

None of my (alive) rookies have fattened up - Amartey, Newcombe, Bramble, Bianco still have more money to make

Have no cash in the bank so can't do much with my dead rookies - Ely smith, Worrell, HSharp, Samson ryan

Looks like no trades this week, will put up with Hind and Markov for another week.
How many left?

5 trades left. It's only the lack of cash that is preventing me from trading this week. I would happily burn another 2 this week and leave 3 for injuries

Good stuff. I'm out now after burning my last 2 haha

rucks currently read: Grundy, Flynn, Reeves

need to upgrade Flynn
i've got the money for Gawn (768k), but not sure about blowing the salary cap for him
i might get Marshall (532k) instead
then, i'll have enough leftover to do Robertson -> Dangerfield

I have enough cash to do Poulter to Dangerfield.

I can then bank some cash by going McCreery to the cheapest RUC/FWD (Edwards $132k) so they can swap with Amartey when needed.

This leaves me with 6 trades and $186k to upgrade Highmore and Weightman. To upgrade them properly I probably need another $450-500k, but all my bench rookies are under $305k.

I have enough cash to do Poulter to Dangerfield.

I can then bank some cash by going McCreery to the cheapest RUC/FWD (Edwards $132k) so they can swap with Amartey when needed.

This leaves me with 6 trades and $186k to upgrade Highmore and Weightman. To upgrade them properly I probably need another $450-500k, but all my bench rookies are under $305k.

Are some or most of your bench rookies getting games?

Newman. I've got just enough $ to do Robertson > 132k M/F (Newchurch) & CCJ > Grundy

My team is complete
View attachment 1170914
Nice team, how many trades left?
Only real issue is markov I guess
McCluggage last 2 weeks haven’t been great, will be inconsistent but can go big on his day. Bit like Brayshaw for me

Nice team, how many trades left?
Only real issue is markov I guess
McCluggage last 2 weeks haven’t been great, will be inconsistent but can go big on his day. Bit like Brayshaw for me
Thanks. In terms of trades, not enough. Only 1 left. I need Grundy instead of fielding Treacy so i dont see any way around using 2 trades and being left wiht just 1.

This season ive used 6 trades on LTIs to 'keepers'. Rowell, Dunkley, Marshall, Impey, Duncan, Docherty. Then i also traded Grundy out but i dont count that as he came back after 3(?) rounds. So that is over 1 injury every 3 weeks which isnt terrible but at that rate i will need over 2 trades for the remaining rounds. Often the end of the season brings more injuries etc too. Ideally, within reason, i'd have 3 trades left for injuries. That is how many i have coming into this round but i need to bring in Grundy or another premium ruck.

The only alternative options i could take are trade Robertson to Rowan Marshall but i dont have a M/F rookie to move to my mid bench so ill be left playing 1 of Briggs/Treacy/CCJ in my forwardline. Equally I could do Markov > Marshall but i have the same issue with my forwardline :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished my side, Williams isn’t ideal at all but simply don’t have the trades to fix it, down to 3.
My last trade is Weightman to danger. Happy enough, I’ve established a few DPP links which could see me weather a few little storms anyways 7AEF186E-9AD5-49EA-AF33-37E6A7C02B9C.jpeg

Thanks. In terms of trades, not enough. Only 1 left. I need Grundy instead of fielding Treacy so i dont see any way around using 2 trades and being left wiht just 1.

This season ive used 6 trades on LTIs to 'keepers'. Rowell, Dunkley, Marshall, Impey, Duncan, Docherty. Then i also traded Grundy out but i dont count that as he came back after 3(?) rounds. So that is over 1 injury every 3 weeks which isnt terrible but at that rate i will need over 2 trades for the remaining rounds. Often the end of the season brings more injuries etc too. Ideally, within reason, i'd have 3 trades left for injuries. That is how many i have coming into this round but i need to bring in Grundy or another premium ruck.

The only alternative options i could take are trade Robertson to Rowan Marshall but i dont have a M/F rookie to move to my mid bench so ill be left playing 1 of Briggs/Treacy/CCJ in my forwardline. Equally I could do Markov > Marshall but i have the same issue with my forwardline :huh:
Actually, ive changed plans again. This time, im going to go Markov > Newchurch via Laird & CCJ > Grundy. That leaves Robertson as M8 or F6 but it allows me to use plenty of loopholes with my mids and forwards, banking on the loopholes helping Robertson + an additional 65k for my final trade being more use than the 80 odd average Markov will give me.

Finished my side, Williams isn’t ideal at all but simply don’t have the trades to fix it, down to 3.
My last trade is Weightman to danger. Happy enough, I’ve established a few DPP links which could see me weather a few little storms anyways View attachment 1171587
Nice side! I find it odd that carlton have given up on williams as a mid and sent him back again. I hope for your sake he finishes the season strongly! Even if he doesnt, i think having one weak spot in your whole side is fine

Yep you got no choice but to make 2 trades to avoid fielding a dud rookie in the fwd line

But maybe you can still get Marshall instead of Grundy and pocket the extra 200k for your last trade? Grundy spent so much time fwd last week, if that continues then he isn't going to punish you with any big scores.

With the extra 200k you can upgrade DevRob to Neale maybe?

Marshall and Neale vs Grundy and DevRob.

With the lions easy run coming up, I'd back Neale (if fit) to score similar to Grundy, and Marshall should be 15-20 pts better than DevRob

View attachment 1171729

Edwards was a late in for Gaff and didn't do much so he'll probably be dropped this week, leaving me with Murphy, Bianco, Newcombe, and Amartey to make money.
You've got a few making money which is good. Hopefully you can keep 2 of those 4 as they all seem likely to play out the season

I really wanted to bring Zorko into my side last week but just didn't have the $$$s. So I ended up bringing back De Goey. Zorko ends up with 97 and De Goey gets 124. Considering I won 2 of my 3 cash leagues by 6 and 14 respectively the extra 27 points came in very handy.

Last edited:
Made a stupid rookie error yesterday. Was planning on bringing in Stewart. Needed to trade out Poulter to a minimum priced rookie but thought to myself - no rush. I can do it all tomorrow. I now realised it was Jones who was to be traded out for Stewart. Can't do that now.
Oh well, looks like I'll hang onto my 4 trades this week and pray that Stewart has a stinker. He'll probably score 130 now.

Made a stupid rookie error yesterday. Was planning on bringing in Stewart. Needed to trade out Poulter to a minimum priced rookie but thought to myself - no rush. I can do it all tomorrow. I now realised it was Jones who was to be traded out for Stewart. Can't do that now.
Oh well, looks like I'll hang onto my 4 trades this week and pray that Stewart has a stinker. He'll probably score 130 now.

Did something similar. Was going to move Laird back, and trade Docherty to Dangerfield. Also thought it could wait till Saturday when i have more time. Forgot Laird was playing till after the game had started last night.

Thinking now of going Docherty to Newman and Phillips to DeGoey. Will only leave me with two trades. Would you do it??

At least Stewart still has that 51 in his rolling average, plus 121 coming out of it.

Did something similar. Was going to move Laird back, and trade Docherty to Dangerfield. Also thought it could wait till Saturday when i have more time. Forgot Laird was playing till after the game had started last night.

Thinking now of going Docherty to Newman and Phillips to DeGoey. Will only leave me with two trades. Would you do it??
I know it's too late to reply now. I wouldn't have gone to Newman but I definitely would have done the De Goey trade. What did you end up doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back