Game Day Round 17 v Geelong at Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to do a media blackout and watch the game on delay tonight, so I'll need to reserve my abuse for Duckwood and Clangerfield until the autopsy thread is up and running.

Thoughts and prayers to any good folk heading down to that shithole. Go Dees.

images (32).jpeg

Pardon my ignorance but does Harmes still get run-with roles and if so, do you see him going to Guthrie or Dangerfield?

We have used O’Connor as a tagger with varying levels of success, so I’ll be interested to see if we send him to Trac or Oliver tonight or if he stays in the back pocket role he’s had for the last few weeks.

Hope it’s a great game tonight with no injuries to either side!

Pardon my ignorance but does Harmes still get run-with roles and if so, do you see him going to Guthrie or Dangerfield?

We have used O’Connor as a tagger with varying levels of success, so I’ll be interested to see if we send him to Trac or Oliver tonight or if he stays in the back pocket role he’s had for the last few weeks.

Hope it’s a great game tonight with no injuries to either side!
Harmes gets run with rolls sometimes but not always. He went to Neale a couple of weeks ago. I think he actually benefits from those roles and would like us to use him that way more. He ususally gets the job on ballwinners like Libertore or Neale over the more damaging mids like Bont or Dangerfield. I'm hoping we put him on Guthrie.

Harmes gets run with rolls sometimes but not always. He went to Neale a couple of weeks ago. I think he actually benefits from those roles and would like us to use him that way more. He ususally gets the job on ballwinners like Libertore or Neale over the more damaging mids like Bont or Dangerfield. I'm hoping we put him on Guthrie.

That would be the way to go IMO, Guthrie has been fantastic for the last month or so, close to his AA form of 2020.

Dangerfield had lowest TOG of our team last week, in his first game back from injury, and I expect he will still be on limited minutes tonight.

That would be the way to go IMO, Guthrie has been fantastic for the last month or so, close to his AA form of 2020.

Dangerfield had lowest TOG of our team last week, in his first game back from injury, and I expect he will still be on limited minutes tonight.
Yeah Guthrie's past couple of seasons have been just about career best form. Underrated player.

a lot of the changes Geelong have made have been to combat Melbournes style of play. A true test tonight to see how each side holds up. Both teams have good cases to win.

I have to do a media blackout and watch the game on delay tonight, so I'll need to reserve my abuse for Duckwood and Clangerfield until the autopsy thread is up and running.

Thoughts and prayers to any good folk heading down to that shithole. Go Dees.

View attachment 1441016
False alarm. Our friend who was coming to stay with us from the Central Coast is trapped by flooding, so I'll be here after all lol

Last edited:
Never confident against the Cats down in Geelong, how our defence handles Hawkins/Cameron/Stengle will go a long way to determining the result. We really should smash them in the midfield with their old legs and mediocre rucks. Massive game. Dees by 17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

False alarm. Our friend who was coming to stay with us from the Central Coast is trapped by flooding, so I'll be here after all lol
I wont be home until 3 quarter time. Game feels like it'll be a tight one so might check the score before watching if I feel a tremor in the force.

Huge test. The 8 is so tight that a loss or win against another contender can make a big impact on the ladder. Cats are playing differently this season, so will be interesting to see if we are able to defend the corridor. Could come down to how well they kick the footy. They go for some damaging kicks going forward. Need to bring that pressure game or we could be in trouble.

I feel more should be said about our rivalry with the Cats. Been some massive games in recent years. Would love to see us win another close one. Could go either way.

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

I would like very much to win this game, but a big part of me that follows me wherever I go thinks we won’t win this game. And I would like to be philosophical if we don’t win this game, but I have the beginnings of a crude suspicion that I will go into a teenage-style fully depressive tantrum if this happens.

Australian Football might genuinely be the worst thing in my life. And it gets some stiff competition from time to time

Anyone else pumped to have 2 of the best rucks back/2 unfit rucks (choose which depending on result)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back