Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Out: Berry, Starcevich, McCarthy all injured
In: CEY, Birchall and 1 of Cox, Smith or Robertson.

Ah Chee stays back, his ability to play forward and back this year has been really handy. Bring the heat early and fingers crossed we don't end up with 2 on the bench again. I also wouldn't be totally surprised if there were a few rested as well with the 2 short turn arounds in a row and limited rotations during the games.

If Bundy can't get a farewall game here, I'll feel pretty bad for him. Coleman is already in, so the excuse to blood young talent is gone as well.

Witho for Starc, Matho for Berry and Bundy for Linc would be what I'd like to see.

I'd imagine we'd know by now if Starc is more than just a concussion? I saw the shiner on his face and thought maybe a fractured cheekbone could come out of it but hopefully just out for this game. Has become super important for us.

If Bundy can't get a farewall game here, I'll feel pretty bad for him. Coleman is already in, so the excuse to blood young talent is gone as well.

Witho for Starc, Matho for Berry and Bundy for Linc would be what I'd like to see.

I'd imagine we'd know by now if Starc is more than just a concussion? I saw the shiner on his face and thought maybe a fractured cheekbone could come out of it but hopefully just out for this game. Has become super important for us.
We are a football club fighting for the best position to give us the best chance come finals, we are not a charity.
If Bundy deserves a game, he will get one, if not, he will not!
Giving someone a game just for the sake of it, sends the wrong message IMO.
I loved what Bundy brought to the team last year and personally I think it was the best he has played in Lions colours.
And whatever the future holds for him I hope he does well.
If that’s a game on Sunday? Fantastic!

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Warmer climate plus slippery ball off 4 day break means bring in fit harder bodied guys who need to prove themselves with finals coming up.

4 or 5 changes is fine because we have experienced reserves who must be itching for a game.

Ralphy2017

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hard to imagine our last 2 top rated draft picks Smith and Robertson not getting much of a go. Its such a weird spot to not have to rely on fresh young talent now we have a solid team. Considering every other year they'd be thrown to the wolves.
I know the top players don't want to miss any games, and the team is winning (but not always playing well), but I am keen for the young guys to gain some AFL exposure during the H & A games. Ultimately that strategy would have to improve the depth of the squad and to build a stronger group for our tilt in the next couple of years.

No injuries would be great.
5 over the last 2 games - Berry, Andrews, Fullerton, Linc, Starc.

Agreed but we are starting to see some quality depth who are actually getting games now. Payne is promising and Keidean looks settled.

I'm excited to see who else will get a game next - would love another debut, fingers crossed.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I wouldn't be surprised Coleman being rested looked quite tired at the end yesterday....could be a chance for someone Fresh like Christo or Dev or Berry Jnr or ,,,,,,,,,

I'd like Bundy's farewell game to be at the Gabba the following week, but i just hope he gets one.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wouldn't be surprised if Ah Chee goes forward this week for McCarthy. Birchall and Witho down back for him and Starcevich. Even though it leaves the backline a little slower. We lose a bit of attacking grunt with Berry and McCarthy out. I know many people can't see it but Ah Chee has so much potential.

You play him forward and he shows flashes of genuine brilliance,you play him back he can shut people down and defend. Not many players have that versatility, it's like gold on your list.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ah Chee goes forward this week for McCarthy. Birchall and Witho down back for him and Starcevich. Even though it leaves the backline a little slower. We lose a bit of attacking grunt with Berry and McCarthy out. I know many people can't see it but Ah Chee has so much potential.

You play him forward and he shows flashes of genuine brilliance,you play him back he can shut people down and defend. Not many players have that versatility, it's like gold on your list.

Ah Chee was fantastic on the weekend. He's really starting to impact games, even when things aren't going his way. Look at the game v Collingwood - the delivery to him was shocking but he kept chipping away and in the fourth delivered some huge bumps and took an important mark. Probably not something we saw from Cal the first month of footy. Easy to forget it can take time to get used to a new system when you're new to a club.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ah Chee was fantastic on the weekend. He's really starting to impact games, even when things aren't going his way. Look at the game v Collingwood - the delivery to him was shocking but he kept chipping away and in the fourth delivered some huge bumps and took an important mark. Probably not something we saw from Cal the first month of footy. Easy to forget it can take time to get used to a new system when you're new to a club.

I reckon it took Lyons 10 or so games to really hit form last year. Brad hill still hasn’t really hit his straps.

I reckon it took Lyons 10 or so games to really hit form last year. Brad hill still hasn’t really hit his straps.

I think the best part about Cal is it's not like he's come to Brisbane in his prime or anywhere near his peak. He literally hit 50 games a few months ago. He's shown he can play anywhere along that half back to half forward line and his marking along the wing is slowly but surely becoming consistent. He's building belief and confidence - the Fagan effect.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Looked like McCartin played down back last week and played reasonably well.

Would be good to play Gardiner on Papley. Otherwise Answerth can shut him down.
Don't think Gardiner is really quick enough and with Andrews out maybe it makes more sense if Gardiner takes the most dangerous tall.

I think its time Answerth stepped up for the big jobs and Papley would be the biggest job he has had in his short career.

Don't think Gardiner is really quick enough and with Andrews out maybe it makes more sense if Gardiner takes the most dangerous tall.

I think its time Answerth stepped up for the big jobs and Papley would be the biggest job he has had in his short career.

Answerth was the first option to my mind too - defensive minded, and can match Papley for speed (more or less).

Gardiner should be a good matchup on Reid, who isn't exactly a big-bodied style player that causes him the most issues.

Payne can take McCartin who can have good games but is still learning.

Went well against AMT.
Quietly confident on Answerth shutting down Papley.

I must be reading the room incorrectly or stumbled into an alternate universe. When has this coaching group showed any semblance of sentiment? Fages and his staff are on a mission. So should us supporters. If a player is good enough, performing as he is instructed and has a role in the team he will be selected and play. We've been through 10 years of pain and mediocrity and all of a sudden we take it for granted and start giving spots because its a good idea. We are on the precipice of greatness if the preparation is successful. The last thing I want to see is jeopaedise that to charity someone a spot. No *#@$& way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back