Preview Round 17 v Sydney; Sunday Sep 13, 6:10pm; Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On form we should beat Sydney and i expect we will

We have not played in an open type stadium all year but of course train on one each week
One of Sydney's wins this year was over Melbourne at Cazalys so that may give them a bit of confidence.

Replacements possibly come from last weeks emergencies CEY, Hinge, Witherden & Skinner and Birchall who was managed.

So maybe
Out: Berry, Starcevich, McCarthy.
In..: CEY, Birchall, Witherden (Ah Chee forward)

Ah Chee was fantastic on the weekend. He's really starting to impact games, even when things aren't going his way. Look at the game v Collingwood - the delivery to him was shocking but he kept chipping away and in the fourth delivered some huge bumps and took an important mark. Probably not something we saw from Cal the first month of footy. Easy to forget it can take time to get used to a new system when you're new to a club.
The thing I like about Ah Chee is his flexibility and the ability to swing him forward or back week to week or within a game and he still does a good job and impacts games. In a club that likes players to play a role we have a number of medium backs you couldn't see moving forward for a game or during on a regular basis and the same for some forwards you couldn't see being swung back to lock down a player. With the injuries the last couple of weeks Ah Chee has been a blessing.

That's awesome.

Maybe it was never as bad and just precautionary when he went off . Still a major relief for us. He's hard to replace.
We have been getting back to our best now that he has been spending more time in the middle.

I must be reading the room incorrectly or stumbled into an alternate universe. When has this coaching group showed any semblance of sentiment? Fages and his staff are on a mission. So should us supporters. If a player is good enough, performing as he is instructed and has a role in the team he will be selected and play. We've been through 10 years of pain and mediocrity and all of a sudden we take it for granted and start giving spots because its a good idea. We are on the precipice of greatness if the preparation is successful. The last thing I want to see is jeopaedise that to charity someone a spot. No *#@$& way.
If you are referring to calls of Christo getting the opportunity because its a great story then you only got half the sentiment.
I think a lot of us also think.
He would have to be up there to replace McCarthy, as the perfect replacement.
There's little doubt he could do that role and more.
The question is are the Coaching staff looking past this season and behond , then maybe Tom Berry gets a run, if you are playing like for like that is.
I say play the best player as well . if there's a fairytale ending for that player even better .

If you are talking about another player then forget what I said.

as expected. Hopefully he wont re-injure it during finals.
Great news , he's been playing like a man possessed.
If he hasn't got the biggest tank in our team he's a pretty close second then.
As someone else mentioned , he's back to his best when he's on ball, and seems to get to the next contest like there's two of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My two bobs worth;
Changes v Sydney
Out: Oscar (rest him this week) In: Ballenden or Skinner as back up ruck to Archie
Out: Birchall (rest him) In: Witho or Dev R.
Out: Starc (injuried) In: Witho or Dev R.
Out: McCarthy (rest/injured) In: would love to see Wooller debut (but wont happen)
Out: Berry (injured) In: CYY or love to see Ely debut

My two bobs worth;
Changes v Sydney
Out: Oscar (rest him this week) In: Ballenden or Skinner as back up ruck to Archie
Out: Birchall (rest him) In: Witho or Dev R.
Out: Starc (injuried) In: Witho or Dev R.
Out: McCarthy (rest/injured) In: would love to see Wooller debut (but wont happen)
Out: Berry (injured) In: CYY or love to see Ely debut
Birchall was already an out having been rested against Gold Coast.

Stupendous news re Jarrod Berry, all we need now is for Harris to recover quicker than expected and Stef to get a run in the last round or a scratch match and we can go into finals with our full strength side.

You'd be surprised if Linc came up it looked one helluva hit to the upper thigh but listening to the presser he could be fine. Crikey.

Some of our guys are made of steel . Incredible to see Lachie barely able to walk at the end of the Pies game and come out 4 days later and rack up 33.

You'd be surprised if Linc came up it looked one helluva hit to the upper thigh but listening to the presser he could be fine. Crikey.

Some of our guys are made of steel . Incredible to see Lachie barely able to walk at the end of the Pies game and come out 4 days later and rack up 33.
There seems to be a thought re injuries now that you get the players moving ASAP, Harris was back jogging laps within a couple of days, not like back in my day when you were told to strap it up and do nothing for a week or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back