Preview Round 17 v Sydney; Sunday Sep 13, 6:10pm; Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a thought re injuries now that you get the players moving ASAP, Harris was back jogging laps within a couple of days, not like back in my day when you were told to strap it up and do nothing for a week or more.

Modern medicine.

You could have your leg amputated and the nurses would drag you out of bed the next day and make you hop around on one leg

Opposition players are starting to realize if they go to a contest, one on one, with Berry they are outnumbered. I don't care who comes in this week because Stef is back running, Berry back for the finals and I predict Harris will be back for the second week, fresh as a daisy.

Blood the youngsters or give Christensen a game, it won't matter too much.

I would like Christo to kick 5 just to make selection the week after more interesting.

Oh, where is the info on Berry? I have been doing some work stuff and I was frightened to go online in case Berry was gone. Nothing on lions.com.au or the AFL so I assumed nothing was known.

I was wondering about him for Berry . Conditions in Cairns would suit him , it's a long overdue debut if it happens . I know he's not rated by a few but he won't die wondering if he gets a crack.
I got the impression that last year Corey was pretty close to getting a debut and in fact I seem to recall talking to a Lions official at the Melbourne Draft night last year and they commented that he was in line for his debut if someone who got injured in the previous game, whose name escapes me, didn't get up. In the end, that player did get over his injury and Corey never got his shot. In saying that, I looked at how many times he was named emergency last year (if that is even an accurate reflection) and he was only named emergency twice, which surprised me. I thought he'd been named a lot more than that.

Again, Corey is another that has yet to be named an emergency at all this year and unlike last year, where those of us even down here got to see every reserves game and the detailed match reports and reports from the likes of Jason mp and Mr Ripper who attended games personally, this year, we've frustratingly not seen or heard anything about the reserves boys this year, so you'd consider it pretty unlikely that Corey would be jettisoned from nowhere to get a debut.

I got the impression that last year Corey was pretty close to getting a debut and in fact I seem to recall talking to a Lions official at the Melbourne Draft night last year and they commented that he was in line for his debut if someone who got injured in the previous game, whose name escapes me, didn't get up. In the end, that player did get over his injury and Corey never got his shot. In saying that, I looked at how many times he was named emergency last year (if that is even an accurate reflection) and he was only named emergency twice, which surprised me. I thought he'd been named a lot more than that.

Again, Corey is another that has yet to be named an emergency at all this year and unlike last year, where those of us even down here got to see every reserves game and the detailed match reports and reports from the likes of Jason mp and Mr Ripper who attended games personally, this year, we've frustratingly not seen or heard anything about the reserves boys this year, so you'd consider it pretty unlikely that Corey would be jettisoned from nowhere to get a debut.
Matho and CEY are 2 that are definitely ahead of him and neither are in the Senior team at the moment (but are fit) pretty sure there are others ahead of him also.
So I would think it is very doubtful he would be given an shot.

just watched the replay and l know it has been said a few times but damn Coleman is a ripper. If he keeps developing, who knows what he could be. Electrifying pace, probably the best tackler on our list, imo, great vision, good left kicks in the forward 50. Even better, is him having that x-factor and he really just seems to hvae something that the senior team was missing. We tried have T. Berry as that pressure forward but Coleman looks to have it sewn up.

Opposition players are starting to realize if they go to a contest, one on one, with Berry they are outnumbered. I don't care who comes in this week because Stef is back running, Berry back for the finals and I predict Harris will be back for the second week, fresh as a daisy.

Blood the youngsters or give Christensen a game, it won't matter too much.

I would like Christo to kick 5 just to make selection the week after more interesting.

Oh, where is the info on Berry? I have been doing some work stuff and I was frightened to go online in case Berry was gone. Nothing on lions.com.au or the AFL so I assumed nothing was known.
Yes blood a couple of the youngsters that have shown something in the ressies, but we need to win the last two games and hope Collingwood beat Port in round 18, and then we likely play West Coast (1v4) in qualifying semi. Want to avoid Geelong or Richmond, and if we finish 2nd likely face one of them (2v3) in semi. I will be watching tonights game and prefer Geelong to win over Richmond.

Yes blood a couple of the youngsters that have shown something in the ressies, but we need to win the last two games and hope Collingwood beat Port in round 18, and then we likely play West Coast (1v4) in qualifying semi. Want to avoid Geelong or Richmond, and if we finish 2nd likely face one of them (2v3) in semi. I will be watching tonights game and prefer Geelong to win over Richmond.
Geelong are riding a massive high at the moment and for mine are the favourites to win the comp.
Would dearly love for them to be knocked down a peg or 2.
But as for tonight game, I would much prefer them to smash Richmond.

just watched the replay and l know it has been said a few times but damn Coleman is a ripper. If he keeps developing, who knows what he could be. Electrifying pace, probably the best tackler on our list, imo, great vision, good left kicks in the forward 50. Even better, is him having that x-factor and he really just seems to hvae something that the senior team was missing. We tried have T. Berry as that pressure forward but Coleman looks to have it sewn up.
I was looking at Coleman's arms and trying to work out how in the hell they can muster the strength to be tackling like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong lose tonight I think anything is possible resting players the next two weeks but if Tiges lose.....I think best 22 each week.

Last edited:
I was looking at Coleman's arms and trying to work out how in the hell they can muster the strength to be tackling like that.
They look very long and wiry, I reckon he is actually fairly strong (for a young guy), just very skinny. A little bit how like Fletcher was for Essendon, didn't have huge muscles but long arms and very wiry.

They look very long and wiry, I reckon he is actually fairly strong (for a young guy), just very skinny. A little bit how like Fletcher was for Essendon, didn't have huge muscles but long arms and very wiry.
Coleman looked a star from the first time he ran out in the NEAFL . 4 or 5 years ago he would've been straight on the list and in the seniors ,battered from pillar to post and probably looking for somewhere else in a couple of years. But we've been reasonably patient , earnt his spot , he actually looks a lot stronger physically to me and didn't have the weight of expectation when he debuted.

So being a far better team actually helps the development of plenty of players if they're good enough.

Coleman looked a star from the first time he ran out in the NEAFL . 4 or 5 years ago he would've been straight on the list and in the seniors ,battered from pillar to post and probably looking for somewhere else in a couple of years. But we've been reasonably patient , earnt his spot , he actually looks a lot stronger physically to me and didn't have the weight of expectation when he debuted.

So being a far better team actually helps the development of plenty of players if they're good enough.
The great Hawthorn teams of the past always had champions who did a lengthy apprenticeship in the magoos.

Geelong are riding a massive high at the moment and for mine are the favourites to win the comp.
Would dearly love for them to be knocked down a peg or 2.
But as for tonight game, I would much prefer them to smash Richmond.

That prediction is looking a little shaky right now with what’s happening on the Gold Coast, the good news for us that we could afford to drop a game and still finish 2nd, bad news we will play Richmond in QF week 1 and that makes me very nervous😧

That prediction is looking a little shaky right now with what’s happening on the Gold Coast, the good news for us that we could afford to drop a game and still finish 2nd, bad news we will play Richmond in QF week 1 and that makes me very nervous😧

Collingwood will beat Port at the Gabba, so we will play Geelong.

A few comments on the conditions in Cairns. Having played at Cazalys the surface is immaculate but hard under foot. The usual scoring end is to the right of your screen. ( I won the toss and went against the wind and we were down by 7 goals at qtr time great captaincy) It has been fine and clear with low humidity The last 2 days. Hopefully stays like that

Collingwood will beat Port at the Gabba, so we will play Geelong.

We will need to both our remaining games for that to happen which we should so could be a good outcome winning the minor premiership and avoid playing those pesky Tigers in week 1!

Modern medicine.

You could have your leg amputated and the nurses would drag you out of bed the next day and make you hop around on one leg
Had major back surgery a couple of years ago and was walking around a couple of hours later. Read an article about Tom Brady’s trainer (Also trains a heap of other NFL players) who advocates getting active early on after injuries. All to do with neural pathways and a whole heap of other mumbo jumbo I don’t understand but apparently helps with recovering at a quicker pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back