Preview Round 17 v Sydney; Sunday Sep 13, 6:10pm; Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few comments on the conditions in Cairns. Having played at Cazalys the surface is immaculate but hard under foot. The usual scoring end is to the right of your screen. ( I won the toss and went against the wind and we were down by 7 goals at qtr time great captaincy) It has been fine and clear with low humidity The last 2 days. Hopefully stays like that

a friends brother who plays there regularly says the winds a problem in the late afternoon/evening.

A few comments on the conditions in Cairns. Having played at Cazalys the surface is immaculate but hard under foot. The usual scoring end is to the right of your screen. ( I won the toss and went against the wind and we were down by 7 goals at qtr time great captaincy) It has been fine and clear with low humidity The last 2 days. Hopefully stays like that
Ha, now I can find out whether you captain Melbourne or Fremantle by seeing who won the toss!

Modern medicine.

You could have your leg amputated and the nurses would drag you out of bed the next day and make you hop around on one leg
True. I had a left medial knee replacement in February. The physio came to see me day one and two days later it was “Up you get Mr. KZ! Here’s your crutches, time for a walk.”
1B056AD4-D990-4C41-AFB4-C1E861753B41.jpeg

True. I had a left medial knee replacement in February. The physio came to see me day one and two days later it was “Up you get Mr. KZ! Here’s your crutches, time for a walk.”
View attachment 959365
Gee you're a sook 3KZ, you should have walked out of the operating theatre and went for a 3km run.

Gee you're a sook 3KZ, you should have walked out of the operating theatre and went for a 3km run.
Mate, I could have flown I was that full of pain relief.

Not entirely sure what we will do here!
Birch for Starc (wouldn’t be surprised if Hinge got a run though)
CEY for Bez. Just due to the fact he can be handy up forward like Berry.
Linc is a tricky one though. Do we go Tom Berry or give dev a run!
I’m very interested to see what we do!

Not entirely sure what we will do here!
Birch for Starc (wouldn’t be surprised if Hinge got a run though)
CEY for Bez. Just due to the fact he can be handy up forward like Berry.
Linc is a tricky one though. Do we go Tom Berry or give dev a run!
I’m very interested to see what we do!

Debut Wooller, Ely or Corey Lyons. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever they bring in now, this close to finals, has to be about winning now and not development for future.

whoever it is has to be a possibility of playing during the finals, so if you wouldn’t debut someone in a finals game, don’t bring them in this week.Bring unknown qualities preferably already experienced at Afl intensity.

Whoever they bring in now, this close to finals, has to be about winning now and not development for future.

whoever it is has to be a possibility of playing during the finals, so if you wouldn’t debut someone in a finals game, don’t bring them in this week.Bring unknown qualities preferably already experienced at Afl intensity.

Yep, my "let's debut more" is along these lines as well. Until 3 weeks ago we did not know how Fullarton would've gone this year, we learnt something. 2 games ago same with Keidean. Last game Payne looked alright and holding his own. We are changing our mix with team members who are actually adding more to the overall first 22 rather than be too rigid and stick to the same preferred playing list.

This in my view is the key to beating Richmond or Geelong, along with taking our chances and kicking goals.

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

HB: Daniel Rich, Darcy Gardiner, Jack Payne
B: Zac Bailey, Ryan Lester, Noah Answerth
C: Mitch Robinson, Hugh McCluggage, Callum Ah Chee
HF: Dayne Zorko, Dan McStay, Cam Rayner
F: Keidean Coleman, Eric Hipwood, Charlie Cameron
Foll: Oscar McInerney, Jarryd Lyons, Lachie Neale
I/C: Grant Birchall, Mitch Hinge, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Archie Smith
Emg: Allen Christensen, Alex Witherden, Corey Lyons, Matt Eagles

IN: Grant Birchall, Mitch Hinge, Cam-Ellis Yolmen
OUT: Jarrod Berry (injury), Brandon Starcevich (concussion), Linc McCarthy (injury)

Some interesting emergencies

Would've preferred an extra mid but we've stacked the backline with some good kicks

Would've preferred an extra mid but we've stacked the backline with some good kicks
Yes interesting.. 3 of the 4 OOC
You say Eagles in as backup in case a tall goes down.
I was hoping one of the younger guys got a chance.. Although no NEAFL on youtube have no idea how any going

Yes is that the first time Christensen has made the emergencies list for a long time.
At least he must be playing/training well so nice backup in case we get some other issues
Can play multiple roles

Hinge has earn't it. Birchall almost automatic. CEY purely as a poor man's JBerry.

Fages must be confident Stef will be back, because he will not mess with the 2 ruck structure. With what we have available, Archie will play till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back