Preview Round 17 v Sydney; Sunday Sep 13, 6:10pm; Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witho must be on the outer.

Not entirely what I would've done but I'm not there living and breathing it every day.

Looks like we'll try to carve them up out of defence into our runners forward of the centre.

Jeeze on the AFL site it says Lincoln McCarthy (suspension)... freaked me out...(and on that it seems for all the scratches and bruises Neale got, not a fine from that match? Interesting to Fages to note it in his presser, seemingly nothing too bad I guess)

best of luck to Hinge! and hope CEY can prove his worth again.

I think it's more his lack of pace with Lester and Birchall playing its hard for him to come in as well.

He could keep Birchall out when precision kicking (not side wise but forward) and confidence returns. The few times he played this year, he looked tentative to me. At least in tv the kick looked a bit loopy, not flat and precise. For Witho that part of his game need to be perfect, he'll be an automatic-in then.

Great to see Hinge getting a go, he looked useful last year. And I'm excited to see Corey Lyons make the emergencies. I still have hope he'll somehow survive the list cull, he's played so well for so long in the NEAFL and I think letting him go would be a mistake.

I've been pretty happy with Fagan and friends for trialling a few different players this season, you never know who will step up and shine at senior level.

He could keep Birchall out when precision kicking (not side wise but forward) and confidence returns. The few times he played this year, he looked tentative to me. At least in tv the kick looked a bit loopy, not flat and precise. For Witho that part of his game need to be perfect, he'll be an automatic-in then.

He was great v Essendon, but otherwise was just ok or well below average. Ball use was good but there were a few turnovers and he was poor defensively in his last game. I distinctly remember him dropping a sitter in back 50 and putting the team under the pump v the saints. It’s not just about speed.

He has talent and shouldn’t be traded, but I can understand why he is out of the team.

Is it just wishful thinking that given Sydney arent playing a proper ruckman that we might bring Bundy in for Archie (or even Oscar) last minute?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s 36 players we’ve now used this year when we’ve been fairly stable and winning, so good to use fair a portion of the squad, with 2 players who haven’t played - Bundy and Corey Lyons - named as emergencies. 7 players on list yet to debut.

So, what is happening with T Berry? Doesn't seem to be getting any games at all or look to be getting any now...
Coleman gone past him at the moment. Ah Chee more versatile. He’ll get more chances next year. His attack on the ball and tackling is great but probably needs to find the ball more.

Hinge is a good player and won't let us down.

Agree with CEY as a big body like for like replacement for Bez. Just not as good.

Not as convinced that Birchall in the twilight of his career has the same attributes as Starc but it was always either him or Witho.

Crucial game for us to seal top two, so hoping the changes aren't too disruptive to our structure,

Linc and Starc should be back for the last fixture game against the Blues and finishing top is still a chance if Collingwood can fire up and roll Port .

2 of the people on our emergency list who would normally be walk up starters with the injuries we have cannot get a game at the moment. I don't know what anyone else thinks but i love seeing those little things at a footy club. I love looking at teams emergencies when they have been hit by a few injuries, and when i see names that i think mmmmmm would have thought they would be getting a game, i think it is a great sign for our club.

2 of the people on our emergency list who would normally be walk up starters with the injuries we have cannot get a game at the moment. I don't know what anyone else thinks but i love seeing those little things at a footy club. I love looking at teams emergencies when they have been hit by a few injuries, and when i see names that i think mmmmmm would have thought they would be getting a game, i think it is a great sign for our club.
Those blokes last year were Cutler, Taylor, Robertson, Walker.
We are now In a better position.

Yes interesting.. 3 of the 4 OOC
You say Eagles in as backup in case a tall goes down.
I was hoping one of the younger guys got a chance.. Although no NEAFL on youtube have no idea how any going
How do we read the Eagles inclusion in lieu of Ballenden or Skinner?

Weather report says 70% chance of 1-4mm rain with wind becoming SE 25-35km/h (14-18knots) in the morning.

Marine report says wind SE15-20knots and reaching 25knots off shore in the evening. On water 10knots is few scattered white caps, 15 knots is widespread white caps.

If CS is affected by wind could be a bit messy in front if goal.

So, what is happening with T Berry? Doesn't seem to be getting any games at all or look to be getting any now...
I genuinely can't believe he got as good a run as he got to get six games. IMO, he offered barely nothing and as a forward, didn't look like hitting the scoreboard and his defensive efforts were pretty weak with opposition players easily breaking his tackles.

I'm not saying he didn't show glimpses or that he won't make it, but I think if anyone is really honest and ignores his surname, it is pretty evident he was below average at best. I just don't know why anyone would expect him to be recalled at this stage of the season.

I think it is a shame he got so many games and that the games T Berry was afforded weren't spread across Dev Robertson, Corey Lyons and / or Ely Smith.

I genuinely can't believe he got as good a run as he got to get six games. IMO, he offered barely nothing and as a forward, didn't look like hitting the scoreboard and his defensive efforts were pretty weak with opposition players easily breaking his tackles.

I'm not saying he didn't show glimpses or that he won't make it, but I think if anyone is really honest and ignores his surname, it is pretty evident he was below average at best. I just don't know why anyone would expect him to be recalled at this stage of the season.

I think it is a shame he got so many games and that the games T Berry was afforded weren't spread across Dev Robertson, Corey Lyons and / or Ely Smith.
Yeah I would've liked to see Lyons to see what he's got at AFL level, since he's probably being de-listed. But, without seeing much of him, he seems like quite a vanilla midfielder, so unsure what he could've added to the current side. The only players in our midfield at the pointy end of their careers are Zorko and Robinson. I think there are quite a few players on our list ahead of him to replace them. For example I'd be throwing Starcevich in there for Robinson quite soon, and someone like Dev or even Ah Chee for Zorks. Ely Smith's future doesn't look good either, haven't heard a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back