Review Round 17 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

How do our opponents always have skills much better than ours in conditions we should have the advantage in?
We have no kicking ability.
Miles, Miller, Swallow, Fiorini - just hack kicks forward

Our forwards and mids not working hard enough to get off their defenders makes it hard to find a free player.

For some reason our kick long up the line and force stoppage play has completely disappeared. AT least with this game style we were competitive. I get trying to mix it up a but, but our gamestyle is now completely try to thread the needle with 30 meter kicks out of defence. Given we don't have the cattle to pull this off it leads to a turnover and then easy goal when we're all out of position.

I don't understand where the up the line play has gone. This was working for us.

Heron looks completely lost out there. I've never seen anything like it. It's like this is his first day and he doesn't know where to run or what to do
He's absolutely appalling which deeply concerns me Dew thinks he is any but an average NEAFL player.

I think the Crows have 22 players on the field.
Always have extra players at the contest in front of the play and behind the play.
Makes zero sense
Called work rate, knowing where to run, being in sync as a team, ball skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scheer is blanketing Laired really well.

Milera, Smith, Kelly, Brown, Mckay had plenty of it from the back half - no point shutting down one player when all their others can just step up.
Well and good for a lock down role - but this loses its impact and validity when the rest of the team aren't able to defend appropriately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back