Review Round 17 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I did have a little chuckle when I read Lachie Weller's comment about "Talking's over-time to act" this week
I swear he was a about to tell us the player's had taken ownership of the performances lol

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If no one turns up to Metricon next home game.
The AFL will he hit in the pocket and be forced to act.
Giving us massive concessions to save its own bacon.
your right, and im actually seriously considering not attending another game this year. essendon and gws at home doesnt look to appealing on our current form. The club might need to come out and offer incentives to attend like they did at the end of last year.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I'm not his biggest fan but Touk tried his guts out all night
I think he's starting to get his match fitness back at last
Just shouldn't be allowed to kick the ball. Usually misses his targets by 10m. Torches us coming out of defence.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
your right, and im actually seriously considering not attending another game this year. essendon and gws at home doesnt look to appealing on our current form. The club might need to come out and offer incentives to attend like they did at the end of last year.
They’ve been offering me incentives all year. Free tickets, two for ones etc.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Even I can’t put a positive spin on this garbage. All I know is for the first 12 rounds we were great and competitive and that’s not even close to the standard we set.

The guys clearly have it in them to play better than this - no point blaming coaches when they don’t take marks or do stupid kicks/turnovers.

They need to respond.

I know the kids immature bodies aren't ready for the kind of pressure experienced teams put on such as the tackling and pressure factor needed to really win games; but it does seem to be more about poor skill errors. Lots of teams this season has been guilty of this, but it's something have to clean up if you want to get the upper hand on sides.

I'll attend next week's v Carlton, because its in Melbourne. My first suns game. I hope the standard is better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I'm waiting for Dew's presser
I have a morbid curiosity in them
So am I, hopefully he uses it as a platform to ask to be traded lol , we are as bad as we have ever been and it’s totally unacceptable

We are beyond wholesale changes, it’s time to shut the doors, we are beyond awful, I don’t think we would beat a VFA team at the moment

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
He really looks like he’s going to cry sometimes. I hate to see a grown man cry but if it makes the AFL sit up and take notice then it might be to our advantage.
That was when he was told the catering had been cut off

But seriously you can see the pain in his eyes, unfortunately I think he is now devoid of confidence as are the team. Close loses had lead us all to believe we were improving but clearly that is not the case. You can talk about the list all you like but there is more top 10 picks in ours that the Crows or Tigers put together and both of them have destroyed us

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That was when he was told the catering had been cut off

But seriously you can see the pain in his eyes, unfortunately I think he is now devoid of confidence as are the team
Yep the question about confidence was asked a few weeks ago. They can’t keep denying morale has taken a huge hit. It is going to take something big and special to turn this around for next year ( this year is gone, we won’t win another game).

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Yep the question about confidence was asked a few weeks ago. They can’t keep denying morale has taken a huge hit. It is going to take something big and special to turn this around for next year ( this year is gone, we won’t win another game).
I agree we won’t and that is just disastrous, no one can say we are moving forward As a playing group or a club, I was critical of many players that left the club but frankly now I can see why, 90% of the team should be ashamed of what they have dished up in the last month

Where did you see it?

Isn’t on the Suns app as that is as incompetent as the club
Go to the afl site on a web browser. Under match summaries, its in there.

Also, its on the site.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Go to the afl site on a web browser. Under match summaries, its in there.

Also, its on the site.
Thanks Jen

He is clearly upset, in fact I would say gutted but it irks me when he talks about 2 bad loses as we have been rubbish for a month and haven’t one in almost 3 months.

Not sure he did himself any favours saying a priority pick isn’t the answer either

I almost feel like he needs to walk in Monday and gather the group together as ask them to look around the room and then state 50% of who you are looking at won’t be here next year, you have 6 games to show us which 50% you are in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back