Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Looked like a bunch of tired players in that 2nd half against Carlton so I'm expecting a few changes. I imagine Mills will be ready to return and possibly Rowbottom, Sinclair, Blakey at least to get a rest. Could there finally be an Amartey sighting at seniors level?

Last edited:
Well this one I am confidently predicting will be a smashing and we better bring lube becasue the Lions are simply better than us.

Really really hope I am wrong but they sure do look a good side.

They are my hope to win the thing this year. I have really enjoyed watching them mature, improve and play over the last few years and hope we track similarly moving forward.

Also, every time we play the Brisbane forum has a fun thread to trash each other on. All a bit of fun, to be clear. Called "Sydney is such a ****weak club" - good for a laugh.

That thread is amazing to see the contrast between the clubs now for a longggg time it was Brisbane in our position now.

I’d like to see Knoll (for Sinclair) and/or Amartey (McLean?) play the last couple of games to see if they’re worth retaining in 2021.

If they aren’t selected this week I think it’s got to be assumed their cards are marked. Amartey is finishing his third year on the list without debut and Knoll will be 28 next year.

Not convinced they have what it takes but It’s now or never (fwiw I think both will be delisted at this stage).

Believe it or not I think this is winnable. If only by Brisbane's potential to kick themselves out of the game. But if their inaccuracy shows up, and they're a little off their game after what was a pretty easy win over Gold Coast, it's the type of game we could capitalise on.

I'd like to see:

IN - Amartey, Mills, Stephens
OUT - Sinclair, Blakey, Rowbottom

Believe it or not I think this is winnable. If only by Brisbane's potential to kick themselves out of the game. But if their inaccuracy shows up, and they're a little off their game after what was a pretty easy win over Gold Coast, it's the type of game we could capitalise on.

Given the last two matches aren't likely going to be wins for us and we seem to have a lot of tired, sore boys, this match should tell us a fair bit about who's likely to be cut at the end of the year. I'm more fascinated in our selections for the next two matches than the games themselves.

Now that I've calmed down about the Carlton loss, is it bad to say that I'm sort of relieved? :$ We'll learn a lot from the loss, and the 1-2 pick difference it could have on our first-rounder could be the difference between netting 1 vs 2 elite young talents. I admit I feel dirty saying all of this, and it might just be mental gymnastics to find peace with us bottling it.

Lions in the last two years are 16-2 when playing at the GABBA. Only losses have been in finals. Swans have played at the GABBA 24 times for a 11 w 1 d 12 l record. We hold the record for the lowest score of 26 points (back in July) at the GABBA (to be fair the Tigers was the equal fourth lowest score).

Although they are on a 5/6 game winning streak this included wins over the Saints, Norf and Pies by a combined 11 points.

Outs: Sinclair (had to be moved from the ruck and killed the structure in the second half) and Blakey (took a battering).
Ins: Someone tall and Stephens

It's in Cairns not Brisbane - it's our "home" game, which was moved because the Queensland government still considers Sydney a coronavirus hotspot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical. Sydney ruining it for everyone.

Not really, I think the Queensland premier just wants to be re-elected...

Time to experiment but certainly not tank.

Papley to the ruck and Melican forward pocket for starters.

The way we kick it to him, they do think he's 210cm tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back