Unofficial Preview Round 17 vs Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't contribute enough, superfluous. Give a chance to someone else.

If by not contributing enough you mean basically rendering his direct opponent useless on a weekly basis the last several weeks, then yeah he really needs to pull his finger out!

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
will we see Gould???? A few Swans folk have said recently that he'll get a game this year
If Mills is back, I dint reckon Gould gets his debut

HighReeve

Anything will grow in Wessex
Sep 27, 2003
the north. (/melb)
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brotherhood Without Banners
if Rampe wasnt injured how would the back six operate?

Fox, Melican, Aliir
Lloyd, McCartin, Rampe

??

how does he fit in long term?? (well medium term as he is 27?)

Theres only 2 weeks left just want to see the best mix, and this match i wouldnt have him on either McStay or Hipwood

Why does Fox get dropped lol

MCCARTIN stays in defence

We will get a touch up
I thought for a second teams got announced and this happened. Gave me a heart attack

I thought for a second teams got announced and this happened. Gave me a heart attack

What a funny year 2020 is... "Robbie Fox" and "dropped" in the same sentence and everyone being immediately triggered (myself included).

Good on him though. Love seeing a guy save his career.

What a funny year 2020 is... "Robbie Fox" and "dropped" in the same sentence and everyone being immediately triggered (myself included).

Good on him though. Love seeing a guy save his career.

At one stage I think I was his one fan. This was when Horse was moving him all round the ground.

At one stage I think I was his one fan. This was when Horse was moving him all round the ground.

Well done to you sir!

I was never a fan but was also never a critic. My only beef with him was that he wasn't good or bad, he was just a non-factor. I used to think why are we bothering playing this guy who doesn't seem to have an obvious role and who has no impact on the game? Credit to Horse because he's taking the fact he's not prolific with the footy and found Fox a role where he doesn't need to be but can still have a big impact on the outcome.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Ralphyboy

All Australian
May 25, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder how much the daily travel influences the outcomes of the games. For example Melbourne have to do the all day flying and travelling to play the swans. Run out of gas get beaten. Swans do the all day flying and travelling to play Carlton. Run out of gas, Get beaten. GWS do the all day flying and travelling to Adelaide. Get beaten. On Sunday Brisbane do the all day flying and travelling to play Sydney in Cairns. ?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I wonder how much the daily travel influences the outcomes of the games. For example Melbourne have to do the all day flying and travelling to play the swans. Run out of gas get beaten. Swans do the all day flying and travelling to play Carlton. Run out of gas, Get beaten. GWS do the all day flying and travelling to Adelaide. Get beaten. On Sunday Brisbane do the all day flying and travelling to play Sydney in Cairns. ?
Will have Berry out for sure .

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Well done to you sir!

I was never a fan but was also never a critic. My only beef with him was that he wasn't good or bad, he was just a non-factor. I used to think why are we bothering playing this guy who doesn't seem to have an obvious role and who has no impact on the game? Credit to Horse because he's taking the fact he's not prolific with the footy and found Fox a role where he doesn't need to be but can still have a big impact on the outcome.

Harry Marsh was the same player as Fox. If i had a choice it would have been Marsh on the list and not Fox. Marsh would be a walk up start in this backline.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Marsh had a good Prelim and go dropped for Macca

I personally think this is a bit of a fallacy.

Marsh had 8 disposals in the prelim, only 3 of which were kicks, 2 tackles, 1 Mark and 0 rebound 50s.

To compare (in the GF) to the two usually other brought up:

Mills 15 disposals (6 kicks), 3 marks, 5 tackles 3 rebound 50s

McVeigh 14 disposals (8 kicks), 2 marks, 3 tackles, 3 rebound 50s

I doubt changing either out for Marsh would have made a positive difference.

There is a reason Marsh was delisted, and more importantly, not picked up by any other club.

Marsh had 8 disposals in the prelim, only 3 of which were kicks, 2 tackles, 1 Mark and 0 rebound 50s.

There is a reason Marsh was delisted, and more importantly, not picked up by any other club.

yeah his name wasnt Mitch

Yeah that reason being we had significantly better list back then.

Marsh would be better than half the guys on our current list (which says more about them than it does about him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back