Unofficial Preview Round 17 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that reason being we had significantly better list back then.

Marsh would be better than half the guys on our current list (which says more about them than it does about him.)

I really do not believe that at all. He butchered the ball when he got it.

Sep 10, 2012
Cairns
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask on? ..

Any Swans members (only) in Cairns or nearby trying to get hold of 1x ticket for this game? I had to buy 2 but only required 1.
Selling for cost I paid. Will need a pic of your Swans membership to sell.. 1 more Swans fan there the better! :)
Please message me if interested.

I personally think this is a bit of a fallacy.

Marsh had 8 disposals in the prelim, only 3 of which were kicks, 2 tackles, 1 Mark and 0 rebound 50s.

To compare (in the GF) to the two usually other brought up:

Mills 15 disposals (6 kicks), 3 marks, 5 tackles 3 rebound 50s

McVeigh 14 disposals (8 kicks), 2 marks, 3 tackles, 3 rebound 50s

I doubt changing either out for Marsh would have made a positive difference.

There is a reason Marsh was delisted, and more importantly, not picked up by any other club.
We missed Aliir in 2016

Now I'm all sad again

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I would like to mix it up with selection for this game. And then select best 22 for the Geelong game.

I would rather get a look at a player that is coming out of contract like Foot, Amartey, Knoll and even Reynolds. Or even try Warner as inside mid for one game. If it is just a few changes, hopefully it should not upset the balance of the team too much.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

Marsh had 8 disposals in the prelim, only 3 of which were kicks, 2 tackles, 1 Mark and 0 rebound 50s.

There is a reason Marsh was delisted, and more importantly, not picked up by any other club.
I'm sure he beat his opponent on the night . I had a good spot and was very happy with him. Macca and Mills were not fit . And while we are on that game you only had to look at last night to see why Nankervis should have played.

I would like to mix it up with selection for this game. And then select best 22 for the Geelong game.

I would rather get a look at a player that is coming out of contract like Foot, Amartey, Knoll and even Reynolds. Or even try Warner as inside mid for one game. If it is just a few changes, hopefully it should not upset the balance of the team too much.

I'd like to see one of Stephens or Warner play inside mid the last two games.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

Yep, Id be keen to see a couple of changes..
Warner, because it would be good see how our pure contested inside mid is tracking
Amartey or Knoll for Sinkers, Sinkers needs a break and Im not sure both those guys will be on the Swans list next year
Gould, because hes Gould
Stephens, would like to see him take on Neale

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yep, Id be keen to see a couple of changes..
Warner, because it would be good see how our pure contested inside mid is tracking
Amartey or Knoll for Sinkers, Sinkers needs a break and Im not sure both those guys will be on the Swans list next year
Gould, because hes Gould
Stephens, would like to see him take on Neale
Amartey will be on the list all about the future with him.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Jesus Christ Fox should have been gone 2 years ago and would have been back playing in the VFL. You think he would have been picked up by an AFL Club ? If Marsh had the same luxury of being on a list the likes of ours and it's lack of depth the last few years he would not have been delisted. He would have been kept as a back up defender just like Fox has and maybe rode his luck and improved with consistent game time just like Fox has. Imo if you compare the 2 under the same circumstances Marsh was a better option. Fox won't be on this list by the end of next year.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I get the feeling from what some players have said, that Fox is very professional off the field from both a physical (training diet etc) and emotional perspective. Im thinking the Swans like him on the list as a quiet role model for the young crew.
From an on field perspective.. I reckon he's very lucky to have held his spot, but credit where credit is due, hes grabbed his opportunity with everything he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Jesus Christ Fox should have been gone 2 years ago and would have been back playing in the VFL. You think he would have been picked up by an AFL Club ? If Marsh had the same luxury of being on a list the likes of ours and it's lack of depth the last few years he would not have been delisted. He would have been kept as a back up defender just like Fox has and maybe rode his luck and improved with consistent game time just like Fox has. Imo if you compare the 2 under the same circumstances Marsh was a better option. Fox won't be on this list by the end of next year.
WTF??

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
It's hard to judge defenders without being able to see what they do off the ball, but ball in hand Fox is composed and he's strong overhead as well. He's definitely one who's improved this year. Our defence has held up well this year without Rampe, Mills and Aliir at various times. The way we play there's an incredible weight of ball coming into the back six. Our problem is in the mids and the rucks - they got absolutely slaughtered against Port and Carlton.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney

Of all the players to bash on the list, you choose Fox? What has he done wrong this year?

Sep 25, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney

You might not have been watching Fox very closely this year if you think he's gone next year.. As for Marsh he never really backed himself in from memory.

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Mccartin back forward i guess.

About bloody time they gave Sinkers a rest. A warrior but was silly to play him last week with a knee issue when we had 2 fit ruckman playing scrimmages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back