Unofficial Preview Round 17 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to judge defenders without being able to see what they do off the ball, but ball in hand Fox is composed and he's strong overhead as well. He's definitely one who's improved this year. Our defence has held up well this year without Rampe, Mills and Aliir at various times. The way we play there's an incredible weight of ball coming into the back six. Our problem is in the mids and the rucks - they got absolutely slaughtered against Port and Carlton.
I agree. With the ball literally residing in our defensive 50, fox has worked well with the others to limit what would otherwise be some serious scoreboard damage. Mids are the issue - we should be talking about them more than Fox surely.

I wonder if our conditioning staff has put too much bulk on Bell.
In his early days in the reserves he used to show flashes of silkiness and acceleration in traffic. I haven't see that in the seniors.

He doesnt run defensively at all. Hes a one way runner and cant stick tackles
You know I can cop an honestly expressed opinion that “x player doesn’t excite me” but this sort of bullshit presented as fact is simply ignorant.

Wicks, who is rightly lauded for his tackling has laid only 2 more in the same number of games.

Papley only 4 more despite having played all 15 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting line up if it stays as picked...expecting lots of run and carry...big baptism of fire for amartey...let’s see how he goes with 2nd, 3rd etc efforts...Reid and Papley need to fire for 4 quarters..tipping Mills to spend time in the midfield...Brisbane would Be expectIng to walk away with this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back