Review Round 17 - vs Collingwood @ The Gabba (14/9/20 at 7:10pm)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1599634092647.png

Get your anti-Magpie helmets out guys and venture into the Gabba with me for a do or die do or BRM uber eats ice cream on the way home clash.

Sorry not Sorry Jen.

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Two things:
1-Collingwood just had a BYE. That’s right a Bye and we just played the final game of this round.
2-just like RICHmond I think it’s a bit ordinary they don’t be a bit magnanimous for our city and clubs efforts In keeping the VFL going by not playing it at Carrara.

I smell a huge rat

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dew said "It's hard to get a gauge on players after a loss like tonight so we're going to back the players in.We're confident we can turn it around and show the same form we did against the Tassie Kangaroos"

If that's what Dew said and we go with the same team after a 7 goal thumping, and losing clearances by 8, and off a 5 day break, while Pies are off 10, then I don't think "I'm good to go"

Greenwood needs help in the middle....

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If that's what Dew said and we go with the same team after a 7 goal thumping, and losing clearances by 8, and off a 5 day break, while Pies are off 10, then I don't think "I'm good to go"

Greenwood needs help in the middle....
He didn't say those actual words but close to it-that was my prediction before the presser
I have a few statements on my Suns Lotto wheel and I like to predict which numbers will come up

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He didn't say those actual words but close to it-that was my prediction before the presser
I have a few statements on my Suns Lotto wheel and I like to predict which numbers will come up

He’s a good Coach that has brought us forward and is a good personality for the Gold Coast but he’d want to be careful with becoming predictable in post match press conferences after losses with his lines. It is what can infuriate the fan base.
Saying we won or nearly won two quarters when we were well and truly pantsed in a local derby doesn’t cut it.

Also for Wright/Brodie to not have had a crack this year by now is for mine not acceptable.
There’s been plenty of opportunities to play Wright instead of Day or even Witts and Same with Brodie, there’s been a multitude of chances to rest/rotate our mids this year.

Two top ten draft picks. Good grief.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Consider given up multiple second Rd pick for Jez , I don't know why they keep him in the second , even sydney Rowbottom development progress is better than Jez and Brodie .
It surprised me that Graham got the gig over Jez to be sure.These are the things that set off alarm bells in my conspiracy mode aka Scrimshaw in a TinFoil hat

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It surprised me that Graham got the gig over Jez to be sure.These are the things that set off alarm bells in my conspiracy mode aka Scrimshaw in a TinFoil hat
My conspiracy is the recruitment and scouting team don't do much, who don't know what to pick in top 10 , I want them to do the hard work and pick some good player around 2nd and third round . As bad as Clayton he did pick saad and Ballard. Anywhere I hope to see Burgess , McLennan,Farrar play against Collingwood. Also I think Ballard got offer from Adelaide look a bit in and out of the game recently .

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No changes. Would rather see us get pumped than waste time with the kids playing scratch matches against what’s left of oppo teams.

there’s only 2 games left - not much point in giving Brodie or Wright a run at It now

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I really like to see what Jez, Rosa and Farrar please .

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
My conspiracy is the recruitment and scouting team don't do much, who don't know what to pick in top 10 , I want them to do the hard work and pick some good player around 2nd and third round . As bad as Clayton he did pick saad and Ballard. Anywhere I hope to see Burgess , McLennan,Farrar play against Collingwood. Also I think Ballard got offer from Adelaide look a bit in and out of the game recently .
I would highly doubt Charlie would leave us, he post on his instagram last night of a "Photo dump" of him and the boys. He seems pretty close mates with Luko, Fletcher & Ben King. Think these boys are in it for the long haul

Back