Preview Round 17 vs Essendon, 12/09/20 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rnd 17: Port Adelaide v Essendon
Ch7 Adelaide

4:30PM - 7:00PM
The finals-bound Power face a tough assignment against Essendon at the Adelaide Oval, with the Bombers certain to come out firing in what looms as a must-win match for them. Bounce time: 4.35

Why are some people saying its on delay ????

I went to the Hawks v Essendon at AO a couple of weeks ago and on the Record I took to the game I wrote #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 at the top of the Essendon players list. No it wasn't an order from a Chinese menu but the players numbers who turned the game so much in the second half.

McGrath, Parish, Langford, Smith, Daniher, Merrett and Shiel. Basically the midfield dominated and Daniher created havoc in the forwardline. Hooker also had a decent impact in the second half. They played their 3rd ruck Phillips after Bellchambers and Draper were injured.

McGrath was injured next game against WCE and is out for the year and Daniher was rested against the Geelong game. Heppell, Hurley and Draper played in bothe WCE and Geelong game.

Since their Rd 13 game on 22nd August V Richmond they have had
5 day break Rd 14 v Hawks, 27th August, another
5 day break Rd 15 v WCE, 1st September , another
5 day break Rd 16 v Geelong, 6th September and now a
6 day break before they play Port. They have managed a few players over this period

Since 22nd August when they played Richmond and we played the Hawks the same day, we've had 7 day breaks, ie 29th August Syd, 5th September NM and now 12th. So we have a distinctive wear and tear advantage.

We should win this game 14/15 goals to 6 goals type margin, but you know its going to be an 11/12 to 7/8/9 goal type game because we wont go flat out and Essendon have been bagged so much by their past greats and supporters, so they will bring a lot of pressure and we wont be able to defy it for 4 quarters.

It would be nice to win 3 quarters this game by a clear margin, unlike just 2 quarters in the last 3 games, but I'm not going to build up my expectations.

Last edited:
Back and forth battle for three quarters then Port kicks away in the last to win by 25.

Ollie to build on what he's done in the past couple of months and have a fear-inspiring 30 and 3 game, Todd to regain his pre-injury form, Dixon to have 1 disposal (handball) but 95% of the commentary team's discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get in early boys and girls.

Key times - Round 17 v Essendon

RAA Member Recognition Round

$1.50 Balfours Pies for our 150th Anniversary Year!
Thanks to our membership partner RAA, a limited number of Balfours Pies will be available for $1.50 on game day at Adelaide Oval.

To take advantage of the offer, present your RAA Membership card at the Adelaide Oval food outlets.
T&Cs: Offer limited to 3,000 units. Limit of two pies per transaction. Patrons must present their RAA Membership card to redeem.

Essendon have dropped veteran Cale Hooker for Saturday night's date with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Captain Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley are also set to miss the game, with Hurley out because of an ankle injury and Heppell also hurt again.

The Bombers are out of the finals race after being thrashed by Geelong in Brisbane last week.

Meanwhile, untested rookie ruckman Henry Crauford has left the club's hub and returned to South Australia as he deals with a back issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back