Review Round 17 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Mars Stadium (11.07.2021 @ 12:40pm)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-GWS.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 17
Gold Coast FC vs Greater Western Sydney Giants
Mars Stadium, Ballarat, Victoria
12:40pm - Australian Eastern Standard Time​

Last edited:

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
If we can turn up like today that would be muchly appreciated. If hugh can come back in, Corbett out (Concussion)

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
sh*t - Looked like cramp live. Hope he is all good
God I hope so. If Collo plays then we're a chance.

The Giants will likely be coming off a loss to the Dees (as well as a bad loss to Hawthorn the week before) and we're coming off one of the biggest wins in our club history.

I can only assume with Corbett being rested due to concussion that Zac Smith will be brought back in to play a ruck tandem role with Burgess who will likely spend more time forward when not rucking. That should allow Day to focus more on getting involved on the scoreboard. Greenwood is obviously an instant swap for Fiorini and I suppose Weller probably finds his way back into the team as well. Maybe as the sub?

Dew could be tempted to run with Burgess as the main ruckman after our success tonight and in doing so might select Joel Jeffrey to replace Corbett instead. I would be tempted to do that after what I saw tonight and the form Jeffrey has been in our reserves.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
God I hope so. If Collo plays then we're a chance.

The Giants will likely be coming off a loss to the Dees (as well as a bad loss to Hawthorn the week before) and we're coming off one of the biggest wins in our club history.

I can only assume with Corbett being rested due to concussion that Zac Smith will be brought back in to play a ruck tandem role with Burgess who will likely spend more time forward when not rucking. That should allow Day to focus more on getting involved on the scoreboard. Greenwood is obviously an instant swap for Fiorini and I suppose Weller probably finds his way back into the team as well. Maybe as the sub?

Dew could be tempted to run with Burgess as the main ruckman after our success tonight and in doing so might select Joel Jeffrey to replace Corbett instead. I would be tempted to do that after what I saw tonight and the form Jeffrey has been in our reserves.
Doubt Jeffrey would be selected after his 2 kicks 2 mark 0goal performance in the vfl last game.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Out: Corbett, Macpherson

In: Greenwood, Smith (cringe - but I don't think we can go with Burgess/Day against Mumford & Flynn)

Holman the sub

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ruck worries me.
Lycett and Goldy were such big parts of their respective team wins when we played them
Mumford and Flynn might be the difference with Greene
What if Moyle has a blinder this weekend?
Would we think about it?

It's highly likely that this game will be played at MARS Stadium in Ballarat next weekend - VIC Suns fans and members across Victoria make sure you all come to this game so we can loudly support and get behind the boys! Lets make the most of having these extra SUNS games while we can!

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
It's highly likely that this game will be played at MARS Stadium in Ballarat next weekend - VIC Suns fans and members across Victoria make sure you all come to this game so we can loudly support and get behind the boys! Lets make the most of having these extra SUNS games while we can!
Yes!!! Let's get there in our numbers and we quite possibly could have majority of support?! Let's make it feel like a suns home game!!!!

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Ill be there mate

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Ruck worries me.
Lycett and Goldy were such big parts of their respective team wins when we played them
Mumford and Flynn might be the difference with Greene
What if Moyle has a blinder this weekend?
Would we think about it?
Moyle is in QLD it seems. Not playing VFL.

I wouldn't debut him against Mumford anyway.

Back