Review Round 17 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Mars Stadium (11.07.2021 @ 12:40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We played 3.5 decent quarters this week

1st quarter - heaps of pressure, lots of run through the middle and used the other wing ok to get into scoring positions on occasion.
2nd quarter - Didn't utilise the wind that well but still scored 26-6 in the quarter for a handy lead
3rd quarter - Didn't take the game after the Day goal and almost lost ourselves the game in the last 15 mins of the quarter
4th quarter - Again, didn't use the wind particularly well but key plays when we needed them most got us over the line.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Atkins at full forward is not his go.
Think he was a spare playing on the 'crowded' wing who wouldn't have had much opportunity to impact the game through there so coaches had him go down and man up against Nick Haynes who was playing loose in defence and was chopping everything out.
Probably not the ideal player to do it but needed our bigger guys in defence and he did ok to break even on a couple of occasions and even managed that goal.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
the chris burgess game. amazing win!!

the last two weeks have been unreal as a suns supporter. drink it in, we've got a tough schedule coming up.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
We currently have the 7th best defence if you go off Ladder For/For Against

JLH87

Rookie
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do we think maybe the team is just clicked and this is the turning point? Do we stand a chance next week?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Do we think maybe the team is just clicked and this is the turning point? Do we stand a chance next week?
I reckon we are a chance, probably the best time to take on the dogs. Been very vunerable, will need to play 3 key tall forwards to stretch their defence so Corbett will have to come in. Play quick and bring that tackling pressure and there is no reason we can't win. Bont will be hard to stop but no one has stopped him

JLH87

Rookie
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon we are a chance, probably the best time to take on the dogs. Been very vunerable, will need to play 3 key tall forwards to stretch their defence so Corbett will have to come in. Play quick and bring that tackling pressure and there is no reason we can't win. Bont will be hard to stop but no one has stopped him

Well if we win this week against the dogs people will be taking notice the Suns are coming.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The players have confidence after two weeks so that may be HUGE in testing ourselves against the doggies next week. Bring it on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Luko Collo Chucky Lemmo and Legs may not be the best defence in the League right now but they absolutely could be in the future
I reckon the only thing that hasn't changed since I played is that the basis of every good team is a good defence

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Corbett will help that big time. But we do need to find more avenues to goal. 10 goals a game isn't enough
Rankine Ainsworth and Sexton should be contributing 5-8 a game between them over the season
Holman's just there as a tough guy
King and Day 4
Mids 3
Thats 12-13 goals optimistically
Opposition kicks 14 they win most Sundays
I reckon we missed a trick not trying to groom Brodie into that Breust/Smith role which Dew mooted early season

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watched it now as though live
Pretty gobsmacked
Scotch poured
The Lady Ump and Mr Baldy were well and truly helping out GWS but the other guy who looks like the love child of the singer from BROS gave us a fair crack.
GWS are such a tough team we never beat them. Horrible conditions against tough men who in many ways did dominate us but we somehow friggin won a close game.

Sorry about Greenwood and it will hurt us next year.

So FFS Dew swallow your pride and your prejudice and give Brodie a proper go for the rest of the year.

Well done to the lads and ladies who endured those conditions, you are real supporters.

The onus is now on “The Sun Whisperers” to get loud and get some humans this week against Footscray or the proverbial broom should be put through them.

Back to my Scotch

well bloody done!!!!!

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watched it now as though live
Pretty gobsmacked
Scotch poured
The Lady Ump and Mr Baldy were well and truly helping out GWS but the other guy who looks like the love child of the singer from BROS gave us a fair crack.
GWS are such a tough team we never beat them. Horrible conditions against tough men who in many ways did dominate us but we somehow friggin won a close game.

Sorry about Greenwood and it will hurt us next year.

So FFS Dew swallow your pride and your prejudice and give Brodie a proper go for the rest of the year.

Well done to the lads and ladies who endured those conditions, you are real supporters.

The onus is now on “The Sun Whisperers” to get loud and get some humans this week against Footscray or the proverbial broom should be put through them.

Back to my Scotch

well bloody done!!!!!
I actually thought we had a pretty good rub of the green for most of the game. Few iffy calls but it certainly wasn't the worst umpired game I've sat through

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
The back six recognised in the HS today for their performance, considering we got smashed in the contested ball & clearances.
Collins is so important even if he gets goals kicked on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back