Game Day Round 17 vs North Melbourne @ Optus Review (wait what? don't you mean preview??)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play smart and don't let North mass extras around stoppages to block out our mids in the way they have been in the past two matches, then we will probably win by about 14 goals.

However, if we continue to pursue the same suicidal tactics that were deployed against the Bulldogs and Sydney then it will be an absolute messy dogfight, in which we will only be victorious if McGovern or Barrass are best on ground.
If that happens then Simmo is dumber than I think lol! What's the saying doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result - really?

it won’t, because the weather and the time slot will be blamed. In reality, if it was yesterday arvo, I would’ve made the effort. Having to get home from work, then turn straight around and try to get back into the city on the train, no direct Perth to stadium service, so gotta get off at Perth, walk to the Armadale line, cram one, and have that train stop at 5 stations on the way to the stadium. If the direct one was running, I’d maybe make it in time, but no chance I’d get there before the second quarter as it is.
I dont get all
Were gonna lose by ten goals again arent we :rainbow:
If the players hare as unresiliant as some supporters we may as well fold the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve turned up more times this year (and many previous) than the team has. So you campaigners can sit on your high horse all you like, and be the type of supporters who claim they never miss a game, never leave early, blah blah. We all do it, every supporter of every team does it. Week night games are a massive inconvenience for working people and families with young kids, so forgive me for forfeiting my seat this week. We’ll likely get the same size crowd tonight as we would have at 50% capacity yesterday.

I said this in the changes thread but it really belongs here.

I have absolutely no idea how this game is going to go. Should be easy, but just as likely a loss.

This is a team that just doesn't seem to care. They all make the right noises, say the right things, talk the talk. But when sh*te comes to shove... they go missing. They shirk the contest. They walk or jog. They celebrate a junk time meaningless goal like it was a match winner.

Will I continue to barrack for them? Of course I will. But it'll be because they are the club I support, not out of any real hope of success.
Will I continue to watch the matches? Of course I will. But where I used to get frustrated or angry and shout and rant, I now laugh. I now expect the poor performance. I now expect to be 3 goals up into the 4th quarter, and to lose by 2-3 goals. Or to lose badly from minute one. I have become used to mediocrity.

One thing I am sure of.

I have never seen a WC team with less fight than the current one. There have been lots of teams with less skill, less ability, less class. But NONE with less heart.

The way the weather will be tonight, Effort HAS to be at it's best, non-negotiable tonight.

I'm demanding a win comfortably. Anything less will be considered a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back