Review Round 17 - vs Richmond @ Metricon Stadium 09.07.22 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll start. Presumably Farrah will be fit so he comes in. Budarick out and maybe Ainsworth? Luko should come straight in but who knows where they'll play him. Rory Thompson for Graham - please - if he's fit. Oea and Tsitas should drop back and let's give two of Hollands, Constable, Sharp, Corbett, Burgess a go. ...and Fiorini either gets a game or drops back for a game after two Sub weeks.

I hope players in VFL realise there are opportunities now. Let's see this afternoon. It's not top opposition today.

I get the debutants didn’t fire much but i think they should get another week. Give them a chance. Like they come in then they are out again? Give them a couple of weeks to show what they’ve got. Might be an unpopular opinion

We've lost some cattle, but we have some guys to come back in. Luko & Farrar should be auto-ins.

Atkins, Thompson & Hollands surely in the frame as well if they perform well today.

Ainsworth will hopefully get up. He's been so important for us this year. If he drops out, I think that's a bigger loss than any of our half-backs so far this year.

I get the debutants didn’t fire much but i think they should get another week. Give them a chance. Like they come in then they are out again? Give them a couple of weeks to show what they’ve got. Might be an unpopular opinion
No ******* way. Tsitas isn't AFL quality, playing with him is a man down

Until finals are mathematically impossible, every week is a final. We are at a precarious point where if we drop our heads and give up on the season now the results will show minimal improvement from last year.

With that in mind, changes:
OUT: Budarick (inj), Ainsworth (inj), Oea, Tsitas, Graham
IN: Farrar, Lukosius, Thompson, Sharp, Fiorini/Burgess/Hollands

Graham as second ruck is a no-go so I think we need Burgess/Corbett when he is fit back in to allow Levi/Chol to pinch if Dew wants two targets at all times.

Also, I’d love to hear from Dew at the end of the year what he has hoped to achieve running a mid at 50% gametime and through the forward line. I understood giving Davies a run of games early in the year, but it looks like that role is still a thing with Tsitas coming in.

think Chol might be carrying an injury - looked a bit off last night and super weird he didn’t have any ruck mins

I tipped Richmond to finish 3rd at the beginning of the year, they are coming into form bar last weeks loss.

Need to win, Backline has been massacred

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable in?
From what I saw of Constable’s game, he just seems to get the ball but couldn’t seem to impact the game with it. That said, I didn’t watch the second half so maybe he did more. I can’t see how he breaks into the team though. Much like Bowes/Fiorini/Davies and now Tsitas, he will just struggle to impact a game unless he is in the midfield.
Where did he play? Forward or back?
Defender. Didn’t seem to be able to get involved much, but I could say that for about half of the team for the VFL game today. I honestly don’t know where his best position is in our current set-up.

B Graham Collins Swallow
HB Bowes Ballard Markov
C Ellis Miller Flanders
HF Ainsworth Day Holman
F Rankine Casboult Rosas
FOLL- Witts Anderson Rowell
I/C- Chol, Lemmens, Oea, Fiorini
Sub- Mcpherson

Until finals are mathematically impossible, every week is a final. We are at a precarious point where if we drop our heads and give up on the season now the results will show minimal improvement from last year.
As it currently stands, we're two wins behind the 7th placed Tigers so we can turn that into a one win margin with a win over Richmond. Will we be able to stay within reaching distance of the top 8 even with a win over Richmond? I'd say there's a good chance. We would only need one of the following two results to occur in this coming round - Bulldogs beat Sydney or Fremantle beat St Kilda. So with that said, it's very likely we'll be just one win behind a top 8 spot with a win over Richmond. That means our season is far from over. After that our season gets a little tricky against Essendon and Brisbane but I'm certain if I told our fanbase at the beginning of the year that we'd be just one win outside the top 8 going into round 18 then we'd all take it and be ecstatic about it.

Let's beat Richmond and keep the dream alive!

Constable in?
The problem with bringing Constable/Fiorini/etc in is they are just clearly not going to play in the middle, so their impact will be very minimal and just makes us a slower team.

Whats the go with Hollands? Is he close to getting a crack?
Looks to be slowing down a bit in the VFL, although the whole team is with the injuries so hard to tell and he has been moved around a bit with more time on the wing. Has surely got to be close though given we are giving Tsitas/Ace a run. Once finals are out of the equation I don’t see why we wouldn’t get games into him to finish off the season.

No ******* way. Tsitas isn't AFL quality, playing with him is a man down

He's had one game.

Let's give him (and any other debutant) a few games to adjust a little to the pace, pressure, team mates, etc. before we write them off.

Ideally, I'd say he should be given a few games straight off, but obviously that depends on matchups & injuries/recoveries.

This week id be going something like
Rosas casboult chol
Swallow day rankine
Ellis Anderson bowes
Luko ballard markov
Thompson Collins lemmens
Witts Rowell miller
Farrar ace Flanders hollands
Sub atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back