Review Round 17 - vs Richmond @ Metricon Stadium 09.07.22 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

These were the stats for our best players in the second half.

Anderson 14 possessions @ 85% DE, 2 goals, 3 clearances, 6 tackles
Miller 12 possessions @ 75% DE, 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 7 clearances, 2 tackles
Swallow 12 possessions @ 75% DE, 1 goal, 4 inside 50's, 1 tackle inside 50
Ainsworth 12 possessions @ 83% DE, 7 marks, 1 goal
Rowell 10 disposals @ 80% DE, 6 tackles, 4 clearances, 1 goal
Ballard 12 touches, 6 marks, 3 intercepts, 3 1%ers
Ellis 11 disposals @ 100% DE, 4 intercepts
Witts 9 disposals, 4 marks, 24 hitouts
Chol 5 disposals, 3 marks (2 contested), 2 goals

Last edited:
Alright you campaigners :straining: - go look at the votes thread and the Noah Anderson thread.

I am eating the biggest piece of humble pie going - well played Noah.

Can we still get LDU though please :cool:

In all seriousness - I was wrong - mea culpa - Noah Anderson is much better than I gave him credit for - man, my post is going to keep biting me in the arse isn't it 😂😂😂

View attachment 1443344
Not too many that haven’t made a questionable call on this board from time to time , it comes from an investment in the club and that’s a great thing

best win in the club's history for sure. still can't believe we win that, after being 40 points down.

also, have we been on the losing end of any after the siren kicks? that's definitely the first one i've seen live and holy moly i don't think i've experienced emotions like that in my whole life. the crowd was insane, definitely a day i'll remember for the rest of my life.

build charlie ballard a f***en statue right now. one of the best defensive plays i've seen given the context!!

best win in the club's history for sure. still can't believe we win that, after being 40 points down.

also, have we been on the losing end of any after the siren kicks? that's definitely the first one i've seen live and holy moly i don't think i've experienced emotions like that in my whole life. the crowd was insane, definitely a day i'll remember for the rest of my life.

build charlie ballard a f***en statue right now. one of the best defensive plays i've seen given the context!!

Tom lynch at the MCG against Melbourne - 2015 or 16? Had a shot 50 out on the boundary which got pretty close, but we lost by under a goal. Touk would’ve been in that team as well, contrary to him saying he’s never been in a game like that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of us not lucky enough to attend this is what the atmosphere was like when Noz's game winner went through. Absolute SCENES!!

The best 2mins 47 sec I've seen for a very long time........thank you. But now I've got to stop peeling these onions....

The best 2mins 47 sec I've seen for a very long time........thank you. But now I've got to stop peeling these onions....
New board rule:

Whoevers been chopping onions, ******* stop 😂

just remembered one of the funniest parts of this game having watched the replay, was how much the commentators were brown nosing dylan grimes (think it was lyon & riewoldt in particular).

all of the last quarter they were like "don't kick it anywhere near grimes!", only for him to drop a simple chest mark in the last minute that led to noah's goal!

just remembered one of the funniest parts of this game having watched the replay, was how much the commentators were brown nosing dylan grimes (think it was lyon & riewoldt in particular).

all of the last quarter they were like "don't kick it anywhere near grimes!", only for him to drop a simple chest mark in the last minute that led to noah's goal!
Just playing his role in the remake perfectly

Screenshot_20220713-012516_YouTube.jpg

Seconds later Harbow is side stepping his way into forward 50

Just playing his role in the remake perfectly

View attachment 1445452

Seconds later Harbow is side stepping his way into forward 50

Noticed Harbs in the rooms after the game with a bub
Lemmo went over to him
Fantastic he’s still around the club
Sad he missed our resurgence by a couple of years

Noticed Harbs in the rooms after the game with a bub
Lemmo went over to him
Fantastic he’s still around the club
Sad he missed our resurgence by a couple of years

Resurgence? Lol more like emerging

It's actually pretty scary to see how similar the last two minutes of these two games were and they were almost exactly 10 years apart!

July 14, 2012 - Round 16 @ Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns
  • 2:04 on the clock, we're down by 10 points and the ball is thrown in from the wing.
  • Richmond win the clearance and pump the ball inside their forward half.
  • Contested marking situation leads to several messy possessions and turnovers from both sides which results in a stoppage with 1:32 left on the clock.
  • More turnovers and sloppy possessions eventually leads to Jared Brennan getting called for holding the ball with 1:07 on the clock.
  • Even more sloppy possessions and turnovers leads to a clean Liam Patrick gather and he handballs to a rampaging Jarrod Harbrow who runs inside 50, evades a tackle and kicks truly through the big sticks to cut the margin to 4 points with 0:25 to go.
  • Zac Smith wins the tap out of the centre bounce and Ablett almost gathers the ball but the bounce prevents a possession and Richmond gathers the ball with 0:21 to go.
  • Dion Prestia comes up with a massive smother to prevent the ball from going forward and David Swallow wins the ground ball with 0:17 to go.
  • David Swallow handballs to a running Trent McKenzie who pumps the ball long inside 50 with 0:16 on the clock.
  • Jared Brennan drops an almost mark and the balls spills to the ground inside 50 with 0:10 on the clock.
  • Brandon Matera gathers the ground ball in the forward pocket and kicks across goal to find an open Karmichael Hunt who is about 25 metres out on a slight angle with 0:04 on the clock.
  • The siren goes before Karmichael Hunt begins his run up.
  • Karmichael Hunt writes himself into footy folklore by kicking the goal after the siren to win the game by 2 points.
  • Celebrations ensue!

July 9, 2022 - Round 17 @ Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast
  • 2:03 on the clock, we're down by 10 points and the ball is thrown in from the wing.
  • Richmond win the clearance and pump the ball inside their forward half.
  • Contested marking situation leads to a ground ball with a few messy possessions that eventually results in a stoppage with 1:45 left on the clock.
  • Another contested situation leads to a stoppage with 1:38 left on the clock.
  • Witts wins the tap and falling Touk Miller slaps the ball forward to a leading Sam Day who is taken out illegally and earns a free kick about 60 out from goal with 1:30 on the clock.
  • Day sends the ball forward inside 50 to a contested marking situation that spills out the back and Mabior Chol almost fumbles the unthinkable but does enough to get boot to ball off the carpet to cut the margin to 4 points with 1:13 to go.
  • Ivan Maric wins the tap but Witts finds a way to gather the ball and almost handballs to Touk Miller but the ball is turned over for a Richmond possession with 1:08 to go.
  • Jack Bowes comes up with a massive smother to prevent the ball from going forward and David Swallow has an opportunity to win the ball but Richmond spoil the ball which eventually leads to Ben Ainsworth gathering the ball with 0:53 to go.
  • Ben Ainsworth kicks to the wing where he finds Jack Bowes who isn't able to mark the ball but gets a friendly bounce that allows him to pump the ball long inside 50.
  • Dylan Grimes drops an almost mark and the balls spills to the ground inside 50 with 0:42 on the clock.
  • Nick Holman gathers the ground ball in the forward pocket and kicks across goal to find Sam Day who out positions his opponent and marks the on the boundary with 0:31 on the clock.
  • Sam Day immediately kicks 30 metres backwards to an open Noah Anderson who is about 35 metres out on a slight angle with 0:25 on the clock.
  • The siren goes as Noah Anderson begins his run up.
  • Noah Anderson writes himself into footy folklore by kicking the goal after the siren to win the game by 2 points.
  • Celebrations ensue!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back