Review Round 18 – GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Sat 20th July, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing result and after all the issues and commentary during the week I am sure most supporters were not expecting that result and it just shows how wrong some of the statements can be but more importantly that the players need to be switched on for the game and finally well done to LC for playing 2 rucks and having Williams playing in the middle
I think Keefe has played himself a new contract for next year and Cameron has won the coleman with that performance
Very impressive performances by Hopper and Taranto who are playing beyond their years
HH when he is on is up their with the best KPFs in the game with his accuracy and unselfish play and at this rate both he and TOJ will kick over 40 each this year and well played to him after missing last week
Another big test next week against a hurting Port side who will be after a win and a hard trip to Adelaide but like most hope has returned of a possible good run in the finals

Just under 16k for the crowd which I think is a bit short of where I expected it to be and with the nice day if the players missing had any effect on the crowd
What kind of turn out from Pies supporters where their?
They did play at the SCG earlier in the season so maybe that split the travelling fans and the clubs Sydney fans

What a unbelievable game, the boys were on pity hasn't bee there over the last few weeks but now its on that group to bring that over the remaining weeks

Crowd was electric

The big task over the next year will be keeping Bobby Hill happy in Sydney, crowd goes crazy anytime he is near it.

Jezza was fantastic at the contest which had been missing as late had a real presence which he got rewarded on the scoreboard

Was a bit worried when both rucks started on and Himmelberg started on the wing and Tomlinson started off however hats off to the coaching staff it came off

Toby already had his strut but has Captain wow and the win he would be on cloud 9 this week. HUGE performance by him and enjoying his time back in the middle

FANTASTIC performance by all 21 hard to drop 1 for next week when they all have a performance like that but thats the headaches you would prefer to have

Need to have that tackle count every week

Umpiring was ****** but when your up on the scoreboard doesnt hurt as much, alot of soft free's and ones that werent paid

Hopefully Shaw is out for Davis next week then he can play his 300th at home against the Swans

Just under 16k for the crowd which I think is a bit short of where I expected it to be

Seriously....

Crowds at Spotless for non-derby home and away games

15,751 Round 22, 2017 vs West Coast
15,467 Round 18, 2019 vs Collingwood
15,424 Round 1, 2019 vs Essendon

If you’re disappointed in last night’s crowd then there’s absolutely no pleasing you.

Just under 16k for the crowd which I think is a bit short of where I expected it to be and with the nice day if the players missing had any effect on the crowd
What kind of turn out from Pies supporters where their?
They did play at the SCG earlier in the season so maybe that split the travelling fans and the clubs Sydney fans
There was a lot of black and white there and there were families, but those late/twilight fixtures just to suit programming are annoying.
Considering the Swans were interstate, surely we could’ve had 1:50, 2:10 start?
Still a good atmosphere and not sure if other grounds have $1 pies.

What a unbelievable game, the boys were on pity hasn't bee there over the last few weeks but now its on that group to bring that over the remaining weeks

Crowd was electric

The big task over the next year will be keeping Bobby Hill happy in Sydney, crowd goes crazy anytime he is near it.

Jezza was fantastic at the contest which had been missing as late had a real presence which he got rewarded on the scoreboard

Was a bit worried when both rucks started on and Himmelberg started on the wing and Tomlinson started off however hats off to the coaching staff it came off

Toby already had his strut but has Captain wow and the win he would be on cloud 9 this week. HUGE performance by him and enjoying his time back in the middle

FANTASTIC performance by all 21 hard to drop 1 for next week when they all have a performance like that but thats the headaches you would prefer to have

Need to have that tackle count every week

Umpiring was ****** but when your up on the scoreboard doesnt hurt as much, alot of soft free's and ones that werent paid

Hopefully Shaw is out for Davis next week then he can play his 300th at home against the Swans
Was interesting to see the Pies players arms go out after most contests expecting a whistle in their favour.
Can’t blame them, there were so many odd calls in their favour, no wonder they just expect it.

Was interesting to see the Pies players arms go out after most contests expecting a whistle in their favour.
Can’t blame them, there were so many odd calls in their favour, no wonder they just expect it.

Then you add too it anytime Mummy or Greene is near the ball / contest you know the umpire is looking to give away a free

But you can cop it on the chin when we are up, because the 2nd half every contest you could see the Pies heads dropping which was brilliant

There was a lot of black and white there and there were families, but those late/twilight fixtures just to suit programming are annoying.
Considering the Swans were interstate, surely we could’ve had 1:50, 2:10 start?
Still a good atmosphere and not sure if other grounds have $1 pies.

We couldve had prime time 7:30pm, Swans were interstate and they still had it and there was no NRL in Sydney at that time

2:10pm is :poo:, Giants are based around families and kids sport is on weekends pretty much from 8:30am - 3pm both days

However this is for another thread and this thread is about we WON

Last edited:
Heaters 300th has come at the perfect time. This is such a crucial game for top 4.
Hopper had his quad iced before end of the game, so I doubt he’ll be playing.
I have no idea if they’ll go with two rucks again. I’d probably go:
Haynes Davis shaw
Williams Taylor Perryman
Whitfield Hately Tomlinson
Hill Cameron Lids
Daniels HH Finlayson

Mummy Taranto Greene
Simpson Lloyd Stein Reid

Give Williams and Greene plenty of midfield minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise that you guys have actually got a fairly easy draw for the rest of the year. Still a good chance to make top 4 with Collingwood struggling, and us (West Coast and Brisbane) and Brisbane (Geelong and us) still having a couple of games coming up against fellow top 4 contenders.

Things could very tight in that part of the ladder.

Amazing result and after all the issues and commentary during the week I am sure most supporters were not expecting that result and it just shows how wrong some of the statements can be but more importantly that the players need to be switched on for the game and finally well done to LC for playing 2 rucks and having Williams playing in the middle
I think Keefe has played himself a new contract for next year and Cameron has won the coleman with that performance
Very impressive performances by Hopper and Taranto who are playing beyond their years
HH when he is on is up their with the best KPFs in the game with his accuracy and unselfish play and at this rate both he and TOJ will kick over 40 each this year and well played to him after missing last week
Another big test next week against a hurting Port side who will be after a win and a hard trip to Adelaide but like most hope has returned of a possible good run in the finals
I tipped you guys to win, so well done👍

Seriously....

Crowds at Spotless for non-derby home and away games

15,751 Round 22, 2017 vs West Coast
15,467 Round 18, 2019 vs Collingwood
15,424 Round 1, 2019 vs Essendon

If you’re disappointed in last night’s crowd then there’s absolutely no pleasing you.

I was not disappointed with the crowd I was just expecting more and if the fact that the Pies have already played in Sydney this year effected the amount of travelling supporters or Sydney supporters of the club and with the record number of members this year and the top 8 match up if the crowd would be a record
It will be interesting to see the numbers for the upcoming derby as I think it will the vast majority will be Giants supporters as opposed to previous years although if it is Buddys 300th it will increase the Swans supporters
The numbers are growing and it will be good to see the average for the end of the year and the rate of growth

I was not disappointed with the crowd I was just expecting more and if the fact that the Pies have already played in Sydney this year effected the amount of travelling supporters or Sydney supporters of the club and with the record number of members this year and the top 8 match up if the crowd would be a record
It will be interesting to see the numbers for the upcoming derby as I think it will the vast majority will be Giants supporters as opposed to previous years although if it is Buddys 300th it will increase the Swans supporters
The numbers are growing and it will be good to see the average for the end of the year and the rate of growth
A great win, stoked for the players and supporters. Our record this year is very good when Mumford plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back