Preview Round 18 – GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Saturday 20th July, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Jye Caldwell get a run to see what he could do ... but think he's too much of a risk just 2 games back and his injury history. Bonar hasn't been convincing this year, so think that Hately should come in for Cogs, and give him a good run through the middle.

Tough game this weekend and some of the younger mids to step up without 4 of the leaders

My team for the weekend Greene to play mostly midfield with Bonar mostly forward and Lloyd lucky but he gets another chance and he plays forward as well with some time on the wing, Shipley is another option for Bonar but I think the club will only go with one to play their first game of the year

Shaw Davis Reid
Williams Taylor Haynes
Kennedy Perryman Whitfield
Greene Cameron Deledio
Hill HH Daniels
Mumford Hopper Taranto
Hately Tomlinson Bonar Lloyd

Last edited:

We've dropped Kennedy? Err...

We're playing Mumford and Simpson?

There's got to be some late changes coming, otherwise the crack epidemic has reached Tom Wills Oval.

It’s a very tall team! Not sure how to fit Mumford/Simpson in the same team, particularly with Cameron Himmelberg Finlayson also in. And where does this leave Tomlinson who has played wing/2nd ruck all year? Does it point to a new role for him

Stein in allows Davis to play one of the Pies’s small forwards. Will they try Reid again as a tagged? Might explain why no mid was named to replace Cogs

So many questions!

It’s a really interesting line up. I don’t mind the Mumford/Simpson pairing. I don’t think they will rest forward much- more likely to spend time on the bench.

I think that means Tomlinson plays a pure wing and pez full time mid/wing

I like finlayson back in. The reality is we need his goals

Stein has great ball use- like his inclusion

IN
  • Jeremy Finlayson,
  • Jake Stein,
  • Shane Mumford
OUT
  • Stephen Coniglio (Injured),
  • Adam Kennedy (Omitted),
  • Matt Buntine (Omitted)

Umm why is Kenners dropped? Shaw was my 1st candidate for self reflection from the defensive group.

Bunts understand.

Stein(awesome) and Toj (hopefully the kick in the pants needed) welcome back.

Mummy and Dawson? Oook

Edit. Well we did want to Leon to shake things up.

I cant see the 2 rucks working for the team as neither of them are any kind of threat forward and both are a liability around the ground, unless they have a late change to the team I think this will be a frustrating game to watch. Stein in allows LC to have the 4 tall defenders which he likes and I think the De Goey factor played apart in that decision as well, at least if they are not going for the win play Hately or Bonar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant see the 2 rucks working for the team as neither of them are any kind of threat forward and both are a liability around the ground, unless they have a late change to the team I think this will be a frustrating game to watch. Stein in allows LC to have the 4 tall defenders which he likes and I think the De Goey factor played apart in that decision as well, at least if they are not going for the win play Hately or Bonar
Simpson’s Time on ground has been in the 50-60% range. I don’t think we will have them rest forward as there are already three tall targets. More likely I think they will rotate off the bench and only push forward if Cameron or himmelburg is off the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back