Autopsy Round 18 – Port Adelaide VS GWS Giants, Sunday 22nd July 2018, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd normally back Kelly to kick at least two of those in the run. That was weird.

Dawson was huge, no pun intended. When he got on the same page as Hopper in the last it was a sight to behold.

Some of kelly's field kicking also a bit suspect going into the forward 50. Saw him grab his groin and looking a bit ginger after a missed shot at goal, so hopefully not his old injury flaring back up. Looked to be running well though so hopefully just a few shank shots and will improve next week.

umps instructed by afl to keep games close to draw larger crowds hence the umpiring favoring us at the start and the power in the second half

I watch a lot of games each week and am convinced that this is true, though I think it is more about TV ratings than attendances. IMO the umpiring is downright corrupt, and the more the TV networks get control, the worse it is going to get. I don't think it is a problem exclusive to the AFL but increasingly applies to professional sport in general.

I watch a lot of games each week and am convinced that this is true, though I think it is more about TV ratings than attendances. IMO the umpiring is downright corrupt, and the more the TV networks get control, the worse it is going to get. I don't think it is a problem exclusive to the AFL but increasingly applies to professional sport in general.

In the end, tighter games = more entertaining for the general public. That means more TV ratings, more exposure, larger crowds, more memberships and more money. I do feel it is corrupt too, and when youre a smaller interstate club, its much easier to abuse than a large melbourne club (less repercussions if we complain vs. if a big melbourne club complains).

But for now, lets enjoy the win!

I'd normally back Kelly to kick at least two of those in the run. That was weird.

Dawson was huge, no pun intended. When he got on the same page as Hopper in the last it was a sight to behold.
I dont think Kelly has ever been all that reliable in front of goal to be honest.

umps instructed by afl to keep games close to draw larger crowds hence the umpiring favoring us at the start and the power in the second half
Is this for real? Just seriously curious cause maybe I haven't paid too much attention before but the umpiring this year has been atrocious

Is this for real? Just seriously curious cause maybe I haven't paid too much attention before but the umpiring this year has been atrocious
No it isn't.

Dont think anyone will really ever know, but my opinion is that in a business (which in the end the AFL is) where large sums are money are involved, there will always be some kind of corruption. Sometimes it will be in our favour (albeit the minority of the time), but sometimes it wont. Just the nature of the business and what can happen when rules are too subjective.

#Leadership

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

damn, reidy has shiel like definition on the calves

The usual suspects are getting the praise they deserve but Jacob Hopper was an absolute beast tonight. His dirty work and strength especially playing on Wines who is such a strong midfielder was a sight to behold

A real standout performance - if he can consistently play games like that - just gives us another strong option in the middle

Bring on the saints at Spotless - need to keep this run going !!! Go Giants !!!

Great win. I did not see a lot of the second half as had to go out but thought Kennedy excellent again in the time I saw. Really adds something different to the side.

Very cohesive backline the Giants - it's like provided Davis, Shaw and Haynes are out there you can exchange foot soldiers and still be confident they'll stand up as a group.

You guys play a great brand of footy and are really good to watch right now.

A lot left to play out in the season yet but I feel like you guys are going to do something special come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed too catch the second half and pretty tense stuff till Tomlinson kicked the goal and Langdon the sealer I could relax but it was close with a bounce or fumbled pass going the other way and the momentum could have stayed with Port
The Reid HTB decision that lead to the Gray goal also Whitfield HTB a goal to Dixon were adding momentum to the Power and they need to work on that. Reid get rid of the ball quicker is looking at the options and making a decision in a micro second and Whitfield trying to burst through a pack of players like Dustin was tragic
More confusion to the rushed behind rule with the decision v Shaw the ball was almost over the line and momentum was carrying him that way. interesting to see if the AFL release something about that decision
Simpson was massive but also need to take into account the opposition but IMO he has earned a contract for next year if he wants it and Hoppers best game this year and Deledio gets through the game and although not amazing something too build on and hopefully he is good off the 6 day break but think he will still have managed time on ground next week

Last edited:
Great win. I did not see a lot of the second half as had to go out but thought Kennedy excellent again in the time I saw. Really adds something different to the side.

Very cohesive backline the Giants - it's like provided Davis, Shaw and Haynes are out there you can exchange foot soldiers and still be confident they'll stand up as a group.
Agreed. I’m a big fan of Kennedy and it was great to see him reload us from half back time and time again. Good user, tough and makes good decisions

I’ve missed him

Agreed. I’m a big fan of Kennedy and it was great to see him reload us from half back time and time again. Good user, tough and makes good decisions

I’ve missed him

I think the time in rehab has improved him as a footballer and also as the team has improved as a whole he can focus on his role, he won't be a star be a solid player

How did we rate lids performance ? I forgot he was on the ground a few times

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
He had his moments but definitely more a role player than a star. First week back so no real surprise - it was more surprising when he was playing so well earlier in the year.

Very happy for big Dawson. The midfielders Hopper & Taranto look better and Lobb is not burdened with tap work and can concentrate on field marks.
Simpson might be carrying the Giants into playing finals this year, a situation he must have severely doubted at many points along his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back