Discussion Round 18, 2016 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?
Are you saying that two clubs clash of one colour is the same? Did Bombers and Lions clash - both have red?
Hawks and Tigers very, very easily distinguishable ap close and from distance.
Maybe - but would have been better with hawks in white shorts. Would have been a more distinguishable light vs dark contrast

Maybe - but would have been better with hawks in white shorts. Would have been a more distinguishable light vs dark contrast
I think the issue isn't the colours it that when you go light shorts with a dark jumper it lessens the contrast between the sides and also doesn't produce the best visual presentation.

I also prefer the shorts to match the back of the jumper the only real exception is when when the jumper is white.

Both Hawthorn and Richmond need to make some club yellow shorts with appropriate coloured trim.

Both Hawthorn and Richmond need to make some club yellow shorts with appropriate coloured trim.
Richmond do, Hawthorn should not.

Would like to see Richmond wear yellow shorts in away games, instead of white. It will help with aesthetics.
richmond-heritage2007shorts.jpg

Richmond do, Hawthorn should not.

Would like to see Richmond wear yellow shorts in away games, instead of white. It will help with aesthetics.
richmond-heritage2007shorts.jpg

And here it is folks. The once a month mentioning of Richmond in yellow shorts.

A few weeks ago, 7 were showing some Richo highlights where he was wearing the jumper with a plain black back with yellow numbers. I'd love them to return to that, it looked bold and even helped to highlight the sash on the front. I hate how the white numbers sit with the yellow sash now.

Also, I'd almost like to see St Kilda take take up Freo's mindset of having a colour kit and a white kit. We wore our clash away against the Bulldogs last year (it was our members replacement game for NZ, so we were taking the chance to advertise the then new clash jumper in front of members), and while home + white looks fine, clash + white created a better contrast and is just a better modern look IMO. I say, where home + black whenever possible, but if we have to wear white shorts we might as well complete the look with the clash jumper.
3 jumpers ftw.

Tri-Colour and Black
Candy-Stripe and White
Crusader and Red

All Awesome, All the Time.

Last edited:
Why does the contrast have to be light v dark.
Surely gold v black is plenty of contrast.
Your mind is fooling your eyes.

It's just a piss poor excuse to not call it a clash jumper.
It's a clash jumper that recognises their heritage, and they feel that it will market better to their fans that way. I fail to see what's wrong with that.
Isn't it the same as Freo deciding to wear their "clash" jumper in all away games and call it their white kit?

Good call, Richmond clash more with hawthorn than Adelaide do, yet the crows are forced to come up with a white clash jumper against the Hawks. Big 4 rule in play here.
Our white shorts bring out our white numbers and make our yellow appear more desaturated than it already is. It could be improved slightly by forcing hawthorn into white shorts at home like the AFL does with light coloured sides often, but it's really unnecessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you are oak79
Huh?
Not at all - Gold v black IS light v dark - that was my point.

Brown shorts are not light. White shorts for hawks is light.
Brown shorts are too close to the black on Richmond's jumper.
So on the weekend it was Hawks (light + dark shorts) v Tigers (dark + light shorts)

It wasnt the worst clash ever, but would have been better with Hawks in the light shorts. Compare photos when Richmond is the home team - the contrast is better, jumpers the same.

No idea how you took my post to mean gold is not light - I'm all for yellow/ gold clash jumpers.

Last edited:
Huh?
Not at all - Gold v black IS light v dark - that was my point.

Brown shorts are not light. White shorts for hawks is light.
Brown shorts are too close to the black on Richmond's jumper.
So on the weekend it was Hawks (light + dark shorts) v Tigers (dark + light shorts)

It wasnt the worst clash ever, but would have been better with Hawks in the light shorts. Compare photos when Richmond is the home team - the contrast is better, jumpers the same.

No idea how you took my post to mean gold is not light - I'm all for yellow/ gold clash jumpers.
Fair enough.
I agree better choice of shorts can minimise the need for clash jumpers.

dev2p0.png

Gold shorts FTW :p
(Stole the image that I posted somewhere else, imagine that Hawthorn kit on the left against Richmond in all-black)
Unless the AFL changes the rules again, the scenario on the right will always happen unless Hawks play away and want to wear their brown kit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back