Game Day Round 18, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who doesn't love a twilight game on Sunday night? Why not just move it to 12:30pm on a Tuesday instead? Awful.
Suit me just fine as I finish work at 12 on Tuesday. I also have Wednesday morning off so a 9.30 am start on Wednesday would be even better. Bit of a sleep in and then watch Lester annoy everyone.

Suit me just fine as I finish work at 12 on Tuesday. I also have Wednesday morning off so a 9.30 am start on Wednesday would be even better. Bit of a sleep in and then watch Lester annoy everyone.
I'm with you, bring on the Tuesday lunch time slot although I'm retired so I could go to a game at 7am on a Wednesday morning as well.

Why is McStay named forward most weeks, he has barely played there all year. Plus he's going to well in defence to change him around. I assume we would start swapping him and walker, which begs the question who their new star defender Liam jones goes to. It would be interesting watching how he goes if he takes hipwood.

Why is McStay named forward most weeks, he has barely played there all year. Plus he's going to well in defence to change him around. I assume we would start swapping him and walker, which begs the question who their new star defender Liam jones goes to. It would be interesting watching how he goes if he takes hipwood.

McStay was named at CHF or FF in weeks 15, 16 and 17 as well... Where a player is named doesn't mean much at all.

Who doesn't love a twilight game on Sunday night? Why not just move it to 12:30pm on a Tuesday instead? Awful.

I'm sure the crowd will huge. Queenslanders care about games to avoid the wooden spoon on a sunday evening, right?

McStay was named at CHF or FF in weeks 15, 16 and 17 as well... Where a player is named doesn't mean much at all.

I think it must have really bamboozled our opponents when McStay has lined up in defense those games. They probably never saw it coming.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGg still more than 6 hours to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping a scrappy game with close-ish scores masking how terrible the standard of play is OH HANG ON THAT'S EVERY AFL GAME

05d.jpg

Can't get to the game till about 5.30 so I'm predicting a lightening start that puts the lions 45 points up by quarter time. After I arrive they will lose their mojo and it will a nerve racking wait as Carlton out play us and peg back that lead. Lions to hold on by 2 points and me to have heart palpitations.

Can't get to the game till about 5.30 so I'm predicting a lightening start that puts the lions 45 points up by quarter time. After I arrive they will lose their mojo and it will a nerve racking wait as Carlton out play us and peg back that lead. Lions to hold on by 2 points and me to have heart palpitations.

Ah, the Gold coast effect.

Taking the bold move to go by myself today as everyone else is busy and I want the slight possibility of actually seeing a winning game live this year.
Also need the Lions to win the last leg of my multi

We should win this. Only game this year I have tipped us to win. How we deal with the pressure of actually having some expectations around winning will be key, we often s**t the bed when there is expectation. Understandably we have grown to be much more to comfortable as under dogs.

Would be a great sign if we can asert ourselves and come away with a 6 goal win.

We can win 4 of the next 6 in my book, really keen to see how we attack this little patch (just wish we had these winable games earlier in the season) we really ended up with a tough draw again this year, finally a friendly'ish patch.

Id love a priority pick but would much rather win a handful in the back end, far more important for morale over the summer.

Fingers crossed we dont crap ourselves, there will be a meltdown on here if it gets ugly.

Have been in the USA for 3 weeks so first game I have seen since GWS. Suprised Cutler is dropped but obviously haven't seen the last 3 games. Has he been struggling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back