Discussion Round 18, 2017 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Carlton supporters. WAKE. UP. Welcome to 2017. We use a club colour as our clash for goodness sake. Deal with it.
#OurClashGuernseysAreTheReasonWeHaveNotMadeAGrandFinalRecently #WhiteShortsImproveHowWePlay #ForeverLivingInThe80s

Would love to see WB all-royal vs WCE royal wings & white shorts again.
Or WCE all-navy vs Carlton in navy with white shorts.

Whilst I understand the decision of what constitutes a "clash" isn't black & white, surely denying clashes exist at all is not possible??

Would love to see WB all-royal vs WCE royal wings & white shorts again.
Or WCE all-navy vs Carlton in navy with white shorts.

Whilst I understand the decision of what constitutes a "clash" isn't black & white, surely denying clashes exist at all is not possible??
Of course it's not, but this is Andy Maher. Fool.

GWS home v Richmond home worked fine earlier this year. GWS in white shorts would have been more than fine, yet clash jumper today. Hope this doesnt happen in September

GWS home v Richmond home worked fine earlier this year. GWS in white shorts would have been more than fine, yet clash jumper today. Hope this doesnt happen in September
One of my faves - when it's fine for one home team but not the other, even though it's not really "changing" the kit of either team.

Has Brisbane's maroon got lighter? In my memory this was always a matchup that wasn't great contrast and today it was pretty good.

Has Brisbane's maroon got lighter? In my memory this was always a matchup that wasn't great contrast and today it was pretty good.
Certainly has.
I really noticed it today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well according to them it's not a clash jumper.
View attachment 395576
Really, GWS is the only practical use of it anyway. Any other game is just either them or the AFL getting some use out of it.
Agreed on GWS. Happy to concede to its use against Adelaide and GC. That's all! Haha. The gold jumper should be used away to BL Coll Carl Ess Fre Melb Port Rich StK and WCE. The brown is acceptable against Gee NM Syd and WB.
It's great that this "Big V" club is seemingly happy to have different jumpers and aren't in the "Richmond vs Melbourne" category, and they're even getting better at not using the brown jumper when it shouldn't be used (see vs PA this year compared to previous), but why any team would actually want to wear a jumper that's so different from their main identifier (brown and gold in stripe form), is beyond me. We've got past the era of "cartoon" clash jumpers and most clash jumpers are now a variant on the home, then Hawthorn and Melbourne pull this crap - and Hawthorn wear it seemingly at will! Gah!

why any team would actually want to wear a jumper that's so different from their main identifier (brown and gold in stripe form), is beyond me. We've got past the era of "cartoon" clash jumpers and most clash jumpers are now a variant on the home, then Hawthorn and Melbourne pull this crap - and Hawthorn wear it seemingly at will! Gah!

The whole idea of their alternate jumper (aside to solve the occasional clash) is to be changed every year and make the club more money.
I read here that the Hawthorn boss specifically didn't want stripes on it.

The whole idea of their alternate jumper (aside to solve the occasional clash) is to be changed every year and make the club more money.
UGH. I'll leave it at that!

The "Would I be happy wearing that grand final day?" rule should apply to every club when deciding what designs they adopt.

The "Would I be happy wearing that grand final day?" rule should apply to every club when deciding what designs they adopt.
On this count, at least it doesn't look shite. If Hawthorn finished 5th and played GWS who finished first and won straight through, I'd be happy to see that top. Unlike if it was the Power-Ranger top.
If it was Freo not GWS, I'd be mega pissed if the Hawks ran onto the MCG in that top. Purely because it's unnecessary. But then again it probably wouldn't get used for a Freo-Hawthorn GF because who wears an alternate jumper in a GF except when forced to as a clash-remover?

If it was Freo not GWS, I'd be mega pissed if the Hawks ran onto the MCG in that top. Purely because it's unnecessary. But then again it probably wouldn't get used for a Freo-Hawthorn GF because who wears an alternate jumper in a GF except when forced to as a clash-remover?

Freo does (was that the joke?)

Hawthorn finished top vs Fremantle's third, so Hawthorn rightly got full home kit. Thus Fremantle couldn't wear dark shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back