Game Day Round 18, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many of our players are still playing AFL from the last Lions team to win 4 games in a row? Five Lions players, only one of them is still playing for us.

Don't deny it, I'm not the only, what is this strange thing I'm feeling, bring it on! Come on Lions Oooosh!

I reckon if we were playing the suns or another team where we would be favourites we would lose. But because the players know this is a major challenge they will have kept their excitement /emotions in check and we are a real chance. Lions by less than two goals.

Nervous AF. Would be so easy for us to drop the ball (literally) tonight.

Please let us win!

Surely it can only be Richy.
Richy it is. The others were Rocky, Redden, Riska and Leuy. Technically Hanley played that year too, but not in any of the four we won. Claye was also on our rookie list at the time.

I reckon the crowd will be very vocal tonight.
The crowds have been damn good this year and with the last 3 weeks and the expectation growing I am hoping for a good turn out and hopefully the boys can get off to a good start to keep the crowd in it.
Luv the Lions, let’s hunt them Crows like we hunted Hawks last week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping that 3 wins in a row gets people to the GABBA tonight, crowd can be a real factor and we'll need it tonight to win 4 in a row.

We can win. It's as simple as that from here on out, this team playing at its best can knock off the majority of teams in the comp and Adelaide at home (A still weakened Crows) is not an impossible task. First quarter will tell us everything, if we are in the game at quarter time, we know we have the fitness and legs to run away with games in the final quarter or keep in the contest.

Soo happy to be enjoying games again and knowing we'll put up a fight.

My main source of optimism is that if we've belted Freo and the Hawks away from home than surely we'll be even stronger at home. Little bit worried about how well Adelaide could potentially play though.

I'm a bit worried about the first quarter. We've been let off the hook the last 2 weeks by bad kickinf. If we're 3 or 4 goals down we might drop our heads

I'm a bit worried about the first quarter. We've been let off the hook the last 2 weeks by bad kickinf. If we're 3 or 4 goals down we might drop our heads
I don't think I've seen the 2018 version of the Lions drop their heads all season, even when the Tigers demolished us we were just outclassed.

I don't think I've seen the 2018 version of the Lions drop their heads all season, even when the Tigers demolished us we were just outclassed.

We need to bring the pressure from last week and have the confidence to execute our ball movement. If we drop off in 5% in each area we'll lose comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back